Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

So much to say. So hard to comprehend.

Morgan---- He 100% should have been caught and stopped after her. If there is solid info and leads now, then the same could have been put together then! His co-workers turned in his name, so they should have had him on radar! They had DNA, so it would have been an easy test. Agh. The girl the night before is so insanely lucky. I bet she thinks of that night often with chills and terror. How horrible. I have hopped in so many cabs alone. It is how you think the safe and responsible way home is. I'm sorry you were tricked, Morgan.

Hannah. Oh, Hannah. I have a feeling your athletic and tall self put up a good ole fight! Good for you, girl. SO many other women that night were so close to the same fate. They, too, will probably never get over it. Especially the woman who had strong enough intuition to follow them and stay close. I hope she learns to forgive herself. I hope one day she realized that she was a big part in catching the monster and could not have saved Jesse's victim that night--- if not Hannah, it would have been someone else.

He honestly scares me just through the computer. He is the type of evil that movies are made of. I am certain that this is not the only times. His attacks seem to come not as a surprise, necessarily, but after attempts with more than one female. I think it is actually REALLY important to do a massive media effort in all the areas he lived or frequented to ask any one who had very strange dealings with him to come forward. He is creepy enough that people would remember when, where, how he interacted. Then, take a look at any missing or murdered in the days surrounding it. I think they could be fairly successful, especially since the push for info about others cant compromise the current cases.

I am also glad the live victim didnt have to testify. She seems so traumatized that that issue alone might have been enough to move from death to life no parole. The damage to her having to publicly relive it might be too high of a price to pay. That and an absolute! You never know what a jury will do! Look at OJ.

One interesting thing I forgot and I haven't' seen mentioned anywhere in the media is that his reckless driving charge was nolle prossed as part of the plea deal.

I'll let you ponder what that says about his character/personality.

What disappoints me is that there was no psychiatric evaluation as hoped (to learn/protect others, as Jane Vance suggested) nor was there (known) information/questioning regarding any other potential missing persons/unsolved cases.

His defense attorney also stated that he did it to avoid the death penalty, so I take any other motivations with a grain of salt ...

One of the articles mentioned earlier in this thread is misleading. Its says : "He will no longer face any chance of getting the death penalty, as he will no longer face a July capital murder trial for Graham's murder."

That may be true in Hannah Graham and Morgan Harringtons case but it does not exclude JM from the death penalty if other victims are found.

Im pretty angry right now. Justice has not been served IMO.

This is even more heartbreaking than I already thought. So many missed opportunities to save Hannah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Especially the part when they got to his car, she didnt want to get in and then walked away from him according to the witness. I am assuming he made her get in his vehicle after that. I guess next was the mulch pile. I don't think anyone but Matthew saw her after that, IMO.

I'm glad there is at least a resolution to Hannah and Morgan's cases. Maybe not the best or fairest, but still answers. I pray for the families to heal, and if there are any other victims, JM will be proven guilty in their cases as well.

One of the articles mentioned earlier in this thread is misleading. Its says : "He will no longer face any chance of getting the death penalty, as he will no longer face a July capital murder trial for Graham's murder."

That may be true in Hannah Graham and Morgan Harringtons case but it does not exclude JM from the death penalty if other victims are found.

Im pretty angry right now. Justice has not been served IMO.

The DP is actually still on the table, should he violate the conditions of this plea agreement. How he could do that, short of escape or attempted escape or a request for early release, though, is beyond me.

I think for the families, justice has been served. They have protection from this predator for eternity. They have resolution now instead of years from now. They won't be revictimized by having to testify in court. They can now, as Gill said, redirect energy into beginning to heal.

If the Graham and Harrington families are satisfied with this outcome who are we to second guess and say justice was not served?

The DP is actually still on the table, should he violate the conditions of this plea agreement. How he could do that, short of escape or attempted escape or a request for early release, though, is beyond me.

I think for the families, justice has been served. They have protection from this predator for eternity. They have resolution now instead of years from now. They won't be revictimized by having to testify in court. They can now, as Gill said, redirect energy into beginning to heal.

I was hoping the conditions of his plea agreement included providing details about other rapes/murders to LE, but I guess not. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can't deny having a memory of what he did to these women because he did things to cover up his crimes. And, apparently he took both Morgan and Hannah's shoes and underwear. I suspect he gave Morgan's necklace and camera to someone in his family or circle of friends. Hannah's entry pass and phone were also missing. He knows where the missing items went. There is no way he doesn't remember doing these atrocious acts.

I wanted him to confess to other murders and attacks, which I am certain he has committed, and to help those families to know that he is put away forever and in some cases to help the families to find and lay to rest their missing loved ones.

This.

I wonder if he maybe he has also murdered prostitutes. Seems to be a pattern with other killers like him.

Eta: it's been a while so I've forgotten the details, who his other possible victims might be. I know there's a thread around here somewhere...he and RAT intertwine with other possible victims list I think, both those monsters running around the same area at the same time.

It's a whole nother kinda of death sentence. William Blake wrote “A Sentence Worse Than Death” about his life after twenty six years of solitary confinement. He said that after listening to others in their cells go insane, raging ranting and, screaming vile vulgar things and cursing God, and that finally you join in. The one that stayed with me, was what he said about his first and last thought for the day. He said as his eyes opened, he'd think this place smell like ****, and the last thought of the day as he was falling to sleep was, man this place smell like ****.

I'd rather have death, and be done with it.

:goodpost:

I am curious--- his girlfriend never noticed anything wrong with this dude?? Or how he interacted with women?

I agree there's probably other victims, and maybe other families with no answers.

He can't possibly be sorry for the families. He watched from the sidelines as the Harringtons suffered and suffered, then he went on to create more sorrow for the Grahams. I don't think those were the only two times that resulted in death either.

I hope it feels like four long lifetimes every second of every day in prison, and that he smells **** constantly especially when eating.

So true. We always say we can't imagine someone who can heartlessly take a life. But omg, the kind of person who can listen to Morgan's mom beg and plead for answers, and watch her cry and suffer, and just live his life knowing he's the cause of that, and THEN go do it again!! And to think he was hoping to get away with it and sit there watching Hannah's parents go through the same thing! And I'll bet his ONLY regret about the Fairfax victim was that he didn't succeed in killing her. Ugh... Death or life in prison, there is NO place in society for someone so freaking evil. How could he possibly go out and have fun with his buddies after what he did?

BTW the Fairfax victim also played a tremendous role in putting away JM. Without the evidence and cooperation she bravely provided, I don't see the three cases linking up the way they did. The whole thing is a web, pretty much JM's web of sin. How excellent he got tangled up in it himself.

I have followed both of these murders from the time they were first reported missing.

There are heroes such as the Fairfax survivor and the woman from Galveston who called LE when she saw this monster on the beach and stayed there until police arrived. Bless them for their courage.

But it is heart wrenching to know that there were multiple occasions (especially with Hannah) where these young ladies could have been saved from this monster. Especially when you believe "he's going to f_ck her up" or when you hear her say she doesn't want to get in his car (and you just walk on...) I don't expect people to put themselves in danger, but couldn't they have for instance asked the young lady if she needed help, place a 911 call, etc.? I know I am being judgmental. So be it.

In situations such as this, I have heard others respond by saying you don't know what you would do..... I'm no hero but I can say that I would have done something. In fact, I have interceded in a dicey situation before on a stranger's behalf.

Hannah and Morgan's violent deaths were tragic enough. But this just makes me so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back