Jessica Simpson...

Yep, I say so. Superstars and atheletes are all grossly overpaid. I think it is crazy that they get so much money just to entertain people or play a game. I do not buy CD's, posters, go to concerts etc or buy movies except for the kids. I work to hard for the money I make to give it to someone who makes millions and has things given to them because they can sing or because they are beautiful.

Couldn't agree more Princess, well said.

It's a mixed up world when someone gets millions of dollars for singing a song or kicking a soccor ball.

I doubt the orphanage cares if there was some publicity done here, they were without a car and now they have a new van. It also said this was an orphanage that she has supported so my guess is the van is not the only thing she's ever given them.
I have no idea how much JS gives to charity and it's not up to me to judge her, apparently she does give some, so good for her. Since many young people look to someone like her as a roll model I see it as a good thing they hear about this also.

VB

Please tell me she did not donate proactive! I cant get over that. I would much rather see those kids eat then worry about their face.

Not saying I would complain if someone gave me a free car that they won. I think Jessica could of done alot better then that though but oh well at least she decided to give it away then to keep it parked beside one of her many bmw's mercedes jags and porsches.........:doh: The amounts of money these celebs. have is outragous. I am not saying they don't deserve it (ok yes I am) becasue yes they belted out a few good songs over the years or whatever they did but give me a break they have soooo much money they really could be helping in ways we couldnt even imagine.
This girl has never belted out a good song:doh: :hand:

She donated Provactive to these kids...she gets the stuff for FREE:doh: :silenced: geez louise...

I think in the article from people it says something about the children doing a fundraiser with the jewelry they made themselves. Perhaps Jessica was donating the proactiv to the fundraiser? Guess ya never know.

She would have had to pay taxes on the van had she kept it. This way, she doesn't have to and they get the van, she also gets a write-off and saves on her taxes.

A win-win situation, but definitely a tax savings for her.

Giving always benefits the giver as well as the recipient. That's a good thing!

She would have had to pay taxes on the van had she kept it. This way, she doesn't have to and they get the van, she also gets a write-off and saves on her taxes.

A win-win situation, but definitely a tax savings for her.

I was chuckling more at the proactiv comment than anything else. I should have clarified, because I think it was generous of her. She could've kept the car or sold it and kept the money for herself but she didn't. I think what she did was just fine.;)

I'll bet the people who benefited from her generosity don't care what her motives might be!

I'm sure they don't care either. It's funny how that head case Angelina gets blind praise and adoration for her charitble acts but Jessica gets made fun of. I guess since Jessica doesn't actually bring home any kids, it doesn't count.:rolleyes:

I'll bet the people who benefited from her generosity don't care what her motives might be!

Sure :)

I have tried three times to reply to you in this thread and something happens ( in RL-daytime here) and I don't get here lol, its frustrating me!
Anyway you are right (of course :D ) who cares how the poor family got the car-the main thing is they did, someone in need was helped out.
BUT she didnt give it out of the goodness of her heart lol

Hey narlacat!

....BUT she didnt give it out of the goodness of her heart lol

We'll never know because we can't see inside her heart! So we just have to chose our perception of the event - either she gave generously with no thought of self or she gave to garner attention from others or something in between!

I'm sure they don't care either. It's funny how that head case Angelina gets blind praise and adoration for her charitble acts but Jessica gets made fun of. I guess since Jessica doesn't actually bring home any kids, it doesn't count.:rolleyes:

I was actually just thinking that Angelina and Jessica were in the exact same boat - no matter what either may do that is kind and giving, someone's going to find a reason to dislike them and talk bunk about them! Neither woman can win for losing with some folks!

I don't care WHY or HOW they're doing good in the world - I just care that they are.

Hey narlacat!

We'll never know because we can't see inside her heart! So we just have to chose our perception of the event - either she gave generously with no thought of self or she gave to garner attention from others or something in between!

No doubt. I was about to ask where to buy a mind-reading (or heart reading, lol) gadget that some people seem to have. I'd love to have one, it would come in soooo handy.;)

Hey narlacat!

We can't, damn South would you stop being so right :slap:

Its probably something inbetween-

No doubt. I was about to ask where to buy a mind-reading (or heart reading, lol) gadget that some people seem to have. I'd love to have one, it would come in soooo handy.;)

It's called your intuition, some people use it more than others.

My intuition tells me Jessica did this to look good and for the publicity, otherwise she would have donated it anonymously and noone would know about it.

She gave away a car she won- if she was dirt poor it might have been a noble gesture- when a person can afford to give away 10 cars giving one away they won is not something that deserves too much recognition imo

It's called your intuition, some people use it more than others.

My intuition tells me Jessica did this to look good and for the publicity, otherwise she would have donated it anonymously and noone would know about it.

She gave away a car she won- if she was dirt poor it might have been a noble gesture- when a person can afford to give away 10 cars giving one away they won is not something that deserves too much recognition imo

I use my intuition plenty, it's why I avoid posting to you as much as I can.

Well that's a double edged sword now isn't it? If she donated it anonymously then people like you who "use their intuition more" :rolleyes: can go on to say that Jessica Simpson never donates anything to charity.

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone as high-profile as Jessica Simpson donating to a specific cause may inspire other people (celebs and non-celebs alike) to donate to that same cause, or at least remind someone, anyone, that giving is better than recieving?

Well that's a double edged sword now isn't it? If she donated it anonymously then people like you who "use their intuition more" :rolleyes: can go on to say that Jessica Simpson never donates anything to charity.

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone as high-profile as Jessica Simpson donating to a specific cause may inspire other people (celebs and non-celebs alike) to donate to that same cause, or at least remind someone, anyone, that giving is better than recieving?

Two great points Paladin!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back