Jessica Simpson...

Well that's a double edged sword now isn't it? If she donated it anonymously then people like you who "use their intuition more" :rolleyes: can go on to say that Jessica Simpson never donates anything to charity.

Did you stop to think that perhaps someone as high-profile as Jessica Simpson donating to a specific cause may inspire other people (celebs and non-celebs alike) to donate to that same cause, or at least remind someone, anyone, that giving is better than recieving?

Give me a break, she gave away a car not her life savings, this is 2007! everyone knows all about world poverty and it's not from the likes of Jessica Simpson that we found out about it
Try UNICEF and World Vision, try people like Bono and Bob Geldof- but dont try and tell me someone like Jessica Simspon has helped raise awareness about the plight in third world countries and that its better to give than recieve.

I stand by my original post- giving away something that you won is hardly cause to sing anyone praises, least of all someone like Jessica Simpson who thinks its cool to spend $2000 on a Louie Vuitton bag for her precious pooch to get carried around in-

I can't believe that Jessica Simpson is getting slammed for doing something thoughtful and selfless. Okay, so it didn't cost her any money...why do any of us really care about that? She didn't trade it in for something flashy she didn't need. She could definitely afford to pay the taxes on it, so I doubt that's why she did it. She's been linked to this orphanage for a while now, and I truly think she did it to help.

How have we gotten to the point where we're arguing over whether or not donating a BRAND NEW minivan to an ORPHANAGE counts?! This is ridiculous. I hope I never get so jaded I don't see a good deed for what it is.

This is WS- we argue about anything here :cool: especially things that don't matter lol

I can't believe that Jessica Simpson is getting slammed for doing something thoughtful and selfless. Okay, so it didn't cost her any money...why do any of us really care about that? She didn't trade it in for something flashy she didn't need. She could definitely afford to pay the taxes on it, so I doubt that's why she did it. She's been linked to this orphanage for a while now, and I truly think she did it to help.

How have we gotten to the point where we're arguing over whether or not donating a BRAND NEW minivan to an ORPHANAGE counts?! This is ridiculous. I hope I never get so jaded I don't see a good deed for what it is.

Me, too, jaybird!

We'll never know because we can't see inside her heart! So we just have to chose our perception of the event - either she gave generously with no thought of self or she gave to garner attention from others or something in between!

Look what you've done to me! I'm reading and posting in a stupid celebrity thread, just because I saw you had posted and followed you here. You should be ashamed! :waitasec:

Just wanted to add that celebrities are corporations, with countless employees to tend to details like this. EVERY thing a celebrity at that level does is at least partially for purposes of good press, the media rep and staff see to it.

That being said, celebrities are also people like us and subject to some of the same motivations, including a sincere desire to do good (at least at times).

And while we don't have to fall to our knees over it, it's still a good thing when the "corporation" gives to and focuses attention on a worthy cause.

In other words, your "something in between" was right.

Look what you've done to me! I'm reading and posting in a stupid celebrity thread, just because I saw you had posted and followed you here. You should be ashamed! :waitasec:

Just wanted to add that celebrities are corporations, with countless employees to tend to details like this. EVERY thing a celebrity at that level does is at least partially for purposes of good press, the media rep and staff see to it.

That being said, celebrities are also people like us and subject to some of the same motivations, including a sincere desire to do good (at least at times).

And while we don't have to fall to our knees over it, it's still a good thing when the "corporation" gives to and focuses attention on a worthy cause.

In other words, your "something in between" was right.

Don't blame me for where your fingers wander!;) I know defending Jessica Simpson's honor is your happy little pasttime....if you keep following me, you'll end up on a Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan thread - and how will you be able to live with yourself if that happens?!

As much as I'm tired and bored with Jessica and all the other over rated young starletts.. :D She has a wonderful shoe line. I love her shoes. Nordstroms, and I'm sure other department stores sell them.. :p I also like JLo's shoes as well..

One post has already been deleted due to personal attack. I find it hard to believe that anyone here wants a time out because of Jessica Simpson. Please follow the TOS.

One post has already been deleted due to personal attack. I find it hard to believe that anyone here wants a time out because of Jessica Simpson. Please follow the TOS.

Not because of Jessica Simpson... :bang:

Don't blame me for where your fingers wander!;) I know defending Jessica Simpson's honor is your happy little pasttime....if you keep following me, you'll end up on a Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan thread - and how will you be able to live with yourself if that happens?!

Maybe you'd better send me your old Globes, Stars, and Enquirers so I'll be prepared! :D

Los Angeles (E! Online) – The clock has run out on Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo's relationship.

Jessica's 29th birthday was on Friday and she had planned a Barbie-themed birthday bash to celebrate.

But she wasn't in a festive mood after Tony broke up with her the night before the party.

"She was surprised. She wouldn't have planned a party if she knew this was coming," a source close to Simpson tells E! News. "They're both going their separate ways."

A bummed-out Jess canceled the fete, but Tony went clubbing that night...

http://new.music.yahoo.com/jessica-...ons-birthday-breakup-with-tony-romo--61991584

Poor girl. Seems a little callous to break up with someone the night before their birthday. Maybe it was the thought of having to go to a Barbie themed party.

It's pretty insensitive to break up with her before her birthday party. Barbie theme considered and I still think he could have waited a couple days.

Of course he could have waited. I was just thinking how I would feel if I were a football player and had to dress up as Ken.

If he was to be Ken, then maybe he was taking his cue from the 2004 Barbie/Ken divorce?

In all seriousness, things like this remind me of why I appreciate not being a celebrity... personal heartaches get played out for the whole world to see and mull over. :( Poor girl, I'd be hurt, too if my bf broke up with me like that...

Take it for what it's worth but I just read last night on a tabloid site (I believe it was dlisted, which I find hilarious but that's a whole other topic) that Tony supposedly saw texts from John Mayer on Jessica's phone and that's what prompted the breakup.

I still think it had more to do with him being expected to dress up like Ken than anything else though lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back