Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as crucial, but she *massively* flubbed her answer about the car charger, too. I believe it was a juror question, something like, "If you were so worried about being stranded in the desert that you borrowed gas cans, why didn't you make sure you had a wall charger with you if you lost your car charger?"

Caught her completely flat-footed. She said some nonsense that "Travis" didn't have the right type of charger... it was bad. Straight up bullpuckey (sp?) :)

darn, too bad someone didn't have the day/part/time of the trial video..i'd like to see her answer that one too..

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

A 3rd gas can returned @ walmart = Wrong
Tesoro gas being open 24/7 = Wrong
The gun is unloaded but loaded = Wrong

Only Jodi knows for sure..One thing I am sure of is that she planned to drop him in the shower, but he fought for his life. It would have been a lot cleaner of a crime if Trav didn't fight back. She ended up having a lot more evidence to deal with than she'd planned for and then panicked/left. I like to think that Travis helped 'catch' her by fighting for his life.

And he somehow made sure that photos were taken, so that she didn't have an ounce of wriggle room to try and explain it away as self defence.

Question: Was there any blood splatter on the ceiling of the shower enclosure? If so, it seems more likely that it would have come from a gunshot rather than stab wounds. Just speculating.

How does one spell 'premeditation'?

Like this: T-e-s-o-r-o... :great:

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

BBM

This stood out to me too! She pauses and looks up for a few seconds before answering that one... I got the feeling she was thinking of how to best answer it. I think she answered the way she did to appear "honest."

She wasn't thinking about how she had just said the reason she decided to tell the "truth" was because she felt fraudulent. She has ZERO remorse about killing Travis, NONE. She only cares that she got caught.

When the jury asked her to take them through the killing again using the floorplan... she didn't even attempt to fake emotion. She walked through the story as if she was telling someone about what she had for lunch. At the end I remember her putting her hands out like "that's all I have for you". She seemed almost annoyed that she was having to tell the STORY again. I'd be curious to hear the few times she told the story one after another. She's like a robot and tells it the exact say way each time = a well rehearsed STORY.

Not as crucial, but she *massively* flubbed her answer about the car charger, too. I believe it was a juror question, something like, "If you were so worried about being stranded in the desert that you borrowed gas cans, why didn't you make sure you had a wall charger with you if you lost your car charger?"

Caught her completely flat-footed. She said some nonsense that "Travis" didn't have the right type of charger... it was bad. Straight up bullpuckey (sp?) :)

Jodi also had two different stories of the charger. First, she said she found it under the seat of the car then she told Ryan Burns she bought another one at CVS or Walgreens.

Mare10, and, Paperwing -

Thank you both for sharing your life experience about sociopaths. The Arias Trial has been very difficult for me to watch. Travis Alexander should not have been murdered - he especially should not have been annihilated. Travis Alexander was a young man with an entire life in front him - a life that would have included becoming a husband, a father, a grandfather. Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander's body, Arias extinguished his life, Arias abolished his future.

Arias is the most frightening criminal I have ever watched. Arias scares me - I get "butterflies" when I see my stand up shower (that resembles in no way Travis Alexander's). Seeing the stand up shower, I think of Travis Alexander sitting on his shower drain - IMO looking like a "rag doll." In this picture, TA IMO looks to be depleted with a "trembling" spirit.

Please share more of your knowledge about sociopaths. How did you know that you "had" a sociopath? Could you say - I wish I would have listened to this warning sign, however, not knowing that some humans are void of souls I made excuses.

I wonder if I would have been able to recognize Arias' evil from the beginning - and, avoided a relationship with her all together. I do not get the impression that TA enjoyed her myspace comments (I took this picture and cropped out all of the ED's, I bet the photographer is great - referring to herself, Commenting that Travis looks like Adam in the Garden of Eden). I think that TA made excuses for her behavior - by excuses I mean that TA gave her behavior a valid explanation (in an attempt to make sense of it himself).

Are narcissist and sociopaths one in the same? I am confident that I have an in-law that is a narcissist. As an in-law, it was her child (my spouse) that severed all contact with this narcissist. In the beginning, I want encouraged my spouse to have a relationship with the narcissist - as I made excuses for her. Then, I 'followed' and severed all ties too. This relationship with my narcissist has been so difficult for me mentally, and, physically. For instance, my narcissist would insist that I go to dinner. Thinking, "this person wants to spend time enjoying each others' company," I would go. I learned that everything my narcissist did was for "show." It was, and, is all about her. Three years ago, my narcissist threw a camera given to me by my father (it was both monetary expensive, and, sentimentally expensive). My narcissist never replaced the camera, or, apologized - only took pride in destroying something that meant so much to me. Everyone saw her for what she is - except me. I wish that I could forget about her - this would make my life so much easier. I also sometimes wish that I never married into this - which makes me feel so very guilty.

I would greatly appreciate it if you shared - 'how to spot a sociopath.' I do not want to pressure either of you - or to make you feel as though you have to answer. As a parent, sibling, spouse, child, friend - I want to keep all the people I love safe. I want to be prepared to distant myself from evil so that evil cannot "worm" into the lives of the people I want love and protect.

I have read, and do agree that Det. Flores did a great job handling Arias. He was able to "control" the beast in front of him. I do not want to seem as though I am "rubbing salt into old wounds" but I have wondered what would have been the outcome if there was a "Flores" that interrogated Caylee Anthony's murderer. If there had been a "Flores" if Justice for Caylee would have been achieved.

Again, thank you both. I admire the courage that you both have. I believe that you are both intelligent. You both have turned your scar (sociopath) into a star - this takes a remarkable person. You both have had extraordinary life experiences with a type of "being" that many never escape - perhaps everything you suffered is for a greater purpose (giving insight into sociopaths - allowing others to know how to guide their lives from sociopaths). Sociopaths are cunning - anyone can be their victim. It would be beneficial to ID these beings before it's too late - Identifying a sociopath is something I do not know - again, I would appreciate any insight, advice, words of wisdom from you life experiences that either of you are willing to share.

Thank you both for making us all stronger human beings!

I also noticed today when I was rewatching Juan's cross examination, that he asked her if she made up a lie about the car charger, and she said, "yes".

To me, the dead phone for 20 hours while she was secretly murdering Travis is about the most compelling premeditation evidence there is -- other that the "stolen" .25 auto from her home a couple days before she set out on her murder trip

Agreed. To believe that a woman, who was supposedly so scared of getting lost that she borrowed gas cans, would embark across the desert with nearly a dead phone battery is ludicrous.

Thurston, you don't post often but I so much enjoy reading your words when you do. A while back you wrote something that connected with my thought and if you can see my siggie line you will see that I have referenced you and your words.

:blowkiss:

Mare10, and, Paperwing -

Thank you both for sharing your life experience about sociopaths. The Arias Trial has been very difficult for me to watch. Travis Alexander should not have been murdered - he especially should not have been annihilated. Travis Alexander was a young man with an entire life in front him - a life that would have included becoming a husband, a father, a grandfather. Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander's body, Arias extinguished his life, Arias abolished his future.

Arias is the most frightening criminal I have ever watched. Arias scares me - I get "butterflies" when I see my stand up shower (that resembles in no way Travis Alexander's). Seeing the stand up shower, I think of Travis Alexander sitting on his shower drain - IMO looking like a "rag doll." In this picture, TA IMO looks to be depleted with a "trembling" spirit.

Please share more of your knowledge about sociopaths. How did you know that you "had" a sociopath? Could you say - I wish I would have listened to this warning sign, however, not knowing that some humans are void of souls I made excuses.

I wonder if I would have been able to recognize Arias' evil from the beginning - and, avoided a relationship with her all together. I do not get the impression that TA enjoyed her myspace comments (I took this picture and cropped out all of the ED's, I bet the photographer is great - referring to herself, Commenting that Travis looks like Adam in the Garden of Eden). I think that TA made excuses for her behavior - by excuses I mean that TA gave her behavior a valid explanation (in an attempt to make sense of it himself).

Are narcissist and sociopaths one in the same? I am confident that I have an in-law that is a narcissist. As an in-law, it was her child (my spouse) that severed all contact with this narcissist. In the beginning, I want encouraged my spouse to have a relationship with the narcissist - as I made excuses for her. Then, I 'followed' and severed all ties too. This relationship with my narcissist has been so difficult for me mentally, and, physically. For instance, my narcissist would insist that I go to dinner. Thinking, "this person wants to spend time enjoying each others' company," I would go. I learned that everything my narcissist did was for "show." It was, and, is all about her. Three years ago, my narcissist threw a camera given to me by my father (it was both monetary expensive, and, sentimentally expensive). My narcissist never replaced the camera, or, apologized - only took pride in destroying something that meant so much to me. Everyone saw her for what she is - except me. I wish that I could forget about her - this would make my life so much easier. I also sometimes wish that I never married into this - which makes me feel so very guilty.

I would greatly appreciate it if you shared - 'how to spot a sociopath.' I do not want to pressure either of you - or to make you feel as though you have to answer. As a parent, sibling, spouse, child, friend - I want to keep all the people I love safe. I want to be prepared to distant myself from evil so that evil cannot "worm" into the lives of the people I want love and protect.

I have read, and do agree that Det. Flores did a great job handling Arias. He was able to "control" the beast in front of him. I do not want to seem as though I am "rubbing salt into old wounds" but I have wondered what would have been the outcome if there was a "Flores" that interrogated Caylee Anthony's murderer. If there had been a "Flores" if Justice for Caylee would have been achieved.

Again, thank you both. I admire the courage that you both have. I believe that you are both intelligent. You both have turned your scar (sociopath) into a star - this takes a remarkable person. You both have had extraordinary life experiences with a type of "being" that many never escape - perhaps everything you suffered is for a greater purpose (giving insight into sociopaths - allowing others to know how to guide their lives from sociopaths). Sociopaths are cunning - anyone can be their victim. It would be beneficial to ID these beings before it's too late - Identifying a sociopath is something I do not know - again, I would appreciate any insight, advice, words of wisdom from you life experiences that either of you are willing to share.

Thank you both for making us all stronger human beings!

Question: Was there any blood splatter on the ceiling of the shower enclosure? If so, it seems more likely that it would have come from a gunshot rather than stab wounds. Just speculating.

The apparent lack of blood splatter (castoff) above 3 feet (approx) other than at the sink has troubled me. And I don't think the splatter at the sink is castoff. I can't figure out why none has been photographed or mentioned, so it must not be there. The only thing I can come up with is that all of the stabbing was done while he was on the ground which totally blows my belief that he was stabbed repeatedly while he was at the sink.

I wish someone would have asked about this when the blood spatter expert was on for the state.

Agreed. To believe that a woman, who was supposedly so scared of getting lost that she borrowed gas cans, would embark across the desert with nearly a dead phone battery is ludicrous.

Yes, why not pick up a replacement phone charger at Walmart, or at any of the service stations where she filled up? They cost around $10, as if you wouldn't.

Not that anyone believes her anyway, everyone sees straight through her to the truth, no problem whatsoever.

I am glad to no longer be a posting virgin.;)...you really are a wonderful bunch here. I won't be around for at least a few days as my Mother is going in for surgery on Monday (in a different city to boot). Not sure I'll see the trial at all Mon or Tues. Not too interested in the defense's version of events anyways, but would hate to miss the cross examinations of the experts!

Another thing that points to premeditation is that no blood was found outside of the bath/hall area. Heat of the moment type killings, there is no preparation and most perps would not be able to exit without leaving some sort of trail. She wore socks so that she could have clean shoes to exit perhaps in a bag nearby. Maybe she put on gloves before she left? June in Arizona with gloves...well maybe she took them off as soon as she shut the back door?

Yes, why not pick up a replacement phone charger at Walmart, or at any of the service stations where she filled up? They cost around $10, as if you wouldn't.

Not that anyone believes her anyway, everyone sees straight through her to the truth, no problem whatsoever.

I have heard it said ...

The best lies are the ones closest to the truth.

The apparent lack of blood splatter (castoff) above 3 feet (approx) other than at the sink has troubled me. And I don't think the splatter at the sink is castoff. I can't figure out why none has been photographed or mentioned, so it must not be there. The only thing I can come up with is that all of the stabbing was done while he was on the ground which totally blows my belief that he was stabbed repeatedly while he was at the sink.

I wish someone would have asked about this when the blood spatter expert was on for the state.

There was cast off blood found on the blinds in the bathroom which if memory serves me correctly is on a wall beside the sink.

"legalmania
Verified Paralegal Yesterday, 09:11 PM
It could be one of two things a timer on a tripod or an accomplice. I don't think it's impossible that Jodi had help. It would explain a lot to me. Since there has not been any evidence of it, it's been disregarded. It would explain to me the ninja, time factor, and to me the look of shock on Travis's face when he was in the shower, then on the floor bleeding 62 seconds later. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202053&page=50 Post 1232"

Who would have helped Arias - and why would Arias keep "mum" for almost five years?

When the Murder of Travis Alexander first became news - I wondered how Arias could over power a strong male.

More so - how could Arias escape her such violent savage unharmed? I would think that Travis Alexander would be able to fight back to the degree where Arias would be left bruised, cut, a large section of a hair missing.

IMO - Travis Alexander could not even bring himself to inflict Arias with injuries - even when his own life counted on it. Travis Alexander did not have the mindset to grab her by the hair and violently slam her head - Travis Alexander did not have the 'heart' to attempt to put Arias in a headlock ("choking her out," or even "snapping" her neck). Travis Alexander spirit was too "good" re-act violently in self defense to desecrate Arias.

Arias walked away from brutally murdering Travis Alexander unharmed - to me this means that Travis Alexander did not have it in him to harm Arias even to save his life.

Arias lack of injuries after forcing a knife into Travis Alexander's body almost thirty times, slicing his throat with such force that Arias almost cut off Travis Alexander's head, and holding a gun up to Travis Alexander's head pulling the trigger - shows that Travis Alexander, with his human flaws, had a generous, kind, and honorable spirit.

When Travis Alexander's murder first started making news - the fact that two roommates failed to notice a washer full of blood, a body decomposing in their house - almost made it seem that reasonable doubt could be found. Had Arias taken the camera with her / or the card - I do not know where Arias would be right now.

We have the pictures - we see an unsteady Travis Alexander sitting on top of his shower drain - we see that he is not about to attack. Then we see Arias standing over Travis Alexander's bloody body - we know that Travis Alexander is not a threat here. So - if it was Self Defense - why is Arias in this picture (wouldn't a scared victim want to flee from their attacker?).

The scared victim was Travis Alexander - and perhaps he did try to flee by crawling out of the bathroom towards his bedroom. At the end of the hall Travis Alexander falls on his stomach - Arias flips him over, maybe slices his throat at this point almost removing his head from his body - Arias stuffs her murder victim back into the shower.

I can see how easy it would be to believe that Arias had help - I want to believe that it would be impossible for Travis Alexander to be overpowered and butchered by someone smaller / not as strong as him. That Travis Alexander had to be attacked by a group of well skilled assassins - because the truth that Arias could inflict so much pain, carnage, destruction to Travis Alexander's body is beyond frightening.

I do not know what Arias would gain from not revealing if she had help. It has almost been five years - and it seems as though 'helpers' always tell at least one person.

I am interested to find out why you think that she had help - why she has not revealed this - why a person would help her butcher Travis Alexander.

I have read that there is a footprint in Travis Alexander's blood (I believe that it is supposed to a male's footprint). However, this footprint could belong to the friends that went into TA's room looking for him.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions - I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname