Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thurston, you don't post often but I so much enjoy reading your words when you do. A while back you wrote something that connected with my thought and if you can see my siggie line you will see that I have referenced you and your words.

:blowkiss:

Thank you! I enjoy reading your words as well.

The only positive aspect to following Travis Alexander's murder is being able to read posts such as yours. I am hoping that Arias is found guilty - she does frighten me like no other.

There was cast off blood found on the blinds in the bathroom which if memory serves me correctly is on a wall beside the sink.

Thanks! I don't remember the expert testifying about this and haven't seen any pics of this castoff. I'll watch her testimony again.

Thurston, you don't post often but I so much enjoy reading your words when you do. A while back you wrote something that connected with my thought and if you can see my siggie line you will see that I have referenced you and your words.

:blowkiss:

Atthelake, I would also like to add that your posts have been "lighthouse" during this trial. After reading several of your posts - I thought, "Okay, I get it, You cannot reason with or understand the type of evil Arias is."

For example, I would think that Arias would be both embarrassed and ashamed to show her double jointed crooked finger - knowing the condition of Travis Alexander's body in the autopsy photos (all injuries she admits to inflicting).

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight and wisdom with everyone.

The magical tale of a caper, two sisters, elephants, Travis' house, a visitation and a benefactor all starts here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201611&page=14

One of our own WSers gave a gift to the family in the name of the entire forum which started an avalanche of magic. Read it to believe it.

I read it and it is a truly unbelievable experience you had today. You are blessed.

I have a question for you. Since we heard on Friday that court was dismissed due to a death in the family of one of the attorneys, I am wondering if you think there will be court on Monday? ty

You know in general terms we are told that women are usually the 'victims' and men are the 'perpetrators' of violence. How true is this notion really? Perhaps men underreport violence from women, I'm sure Travis thought as a male he could basically protect himself from Jodi.

I love the fact too that Jodi has tried to paint herself as a DV victim and Travis as a pedophile because its so classic. That's exactly what a female DV perp does to a male.

It exposes it.

Does anyone have info on the jurors reaction to the ridiculous testimony on memory loss?

You know something I don't understand is that this psychologist is testifying that she has PTSD which came about after the murder. She was in deep denial...she has all these symptoms like those of police officers who are confronted with life or death situations...

What I don't understand is why a diagnosis of PTSD after she murdered Travis has any relevance at this point??? He can't testify to her having a mental condition before. Who cares how JA is doing physically or mentally now...she murdered Travis plain and simple.

I get it helps explain why she can't remember. BUT who cares if she can't remember - she did admit to killing him, the evidence shows she did it and Travis is gone.

I don't care how JA is "feeling" right now.

I agree. She seemed so happy and full of herself after Samuels testified. She smiled at Nurmi and said ' thanks' to him. But all she did is BRIEFLY give some jurors an excuse for her lack of memory AFTER SHE SLAUGHTERED TA.

I guess what they are really counting on is slipping in his testimony about premeditated crime scenes vs spontaneous killings. But I don't see how that will help that much either. Her crime scene is particular and specific to her weird situation. The jury can see that, imo.

I've wondered if the picture of Travis sitting on the shower floor was taken at the time of the first attack...be it by gunshot or knife.

It seems like such an awkward pose.

He got up and stumbled to the sink, then attempted to get away by heading down the hall all the while being stabbed. He of course, collapsed at the end of the hall and she finished him off with the slice across the neck.

The apparent lack of blood splatter (castoff) above 3 feet (approx) other than at the sink has troubled me. And I don't think the splatter at the sink is castoff. I can't figure out why none has been photographed or mentioned, so it must not be there. The only thing I can come up with is that all of the stabbing was done while he was on the ground which totally blows my belief that he was stabbed repeatedly while he was at the sink.

I wish someone would have asked about this when the blood spatter expert was on for the state.
Was he crawling away from her, hands and knees while she was stabbing him in the back? How horrific that is. Off what I've seen so far this jury will be back 2nd day with a guilty and give her the max penalty in that phase.

I have a question. Does anyone know anything about the knives they found packed with her books when she was arrested?

I was thinking that might tell us something about the one she used on Travis.

Was he crawling away from her, hands and knees while she was stabbing him in the back? How horrific that is. Off what I've seen so far this jury will be back 2nd day with a guilty and give her the max penalty in that phase.

His crawling down the hall could account for the lack of cast off as the walls and floors there appeared to be wiped down somewhat.

I've wondered if the picture of Travis sitting on the shower floor was taken at the time of the first attack...be it by gunshot or knife.

He got up and stumbled to the sink, then attempted to get away by heading down the hall all the while being stabbed. He of course, collapsed at the end of the hall and she finished him off with the slice across the neck.

Stated so succinctly! That's the best and clearest description I've read yet. Thanks! :)

Edited to say I believe the first wound was probably inflicted toward the end of the 44 seconds between the last seated photo and the ceiling photo. But very possibly while he was still seated.

If you mean the one where he's sitting in the shower with his back against the stall wall and his head doesn't appear in the photo I think the attack occurred right after that photo was taken. There are no wounds nor blood at that time, and the next photo is not a purposeful one (the one of the bathroom ceiling) where she would have dropped the camera to start the attack and the photo taking button was depressed by the camera impacting the floor.

It's an awkward pose because he was a big guy, and the shower stall didn't leave much room for sitting.

If you mean the one where he's sitting in the shower with his back against the stall wall and his head doesn't appear in the photo I think the attack occurred right after that photo was taken. There are no wounds nor blood at that time, and the next photo is not a purposeful one (the one of the bathroom ceiling) where she would have dropped the camera to start the attack and the photo taking button was depressed by the camera impacting the floor.

It's an awkward pose because he was a big guy, and the shower stall didn't leave much room for sitting.

In the photo of the bathroom ceiling, the photo button wasn't depressed by the camera impacting the floor since Det. Melendez testified the camera was at least 2 or 3 feet from the floor when that photo was snapped.

I agree that we don't actually see the first stab, that it happened immediately before the ceiling photo. It took time for Travis to react, and imo that's what caused her to move or fall backward as she was snapping the photo.

I found this trial difficult to watch. I did not like the way the defense extended his questioning of Jodi. I guess I keep thinking this is almost an open & closed case. I know the defense is fighting to stop the dp but it may be too late. Travis appeared to be well liked that works for the state.

She must have been with so much pain inside her head.

#122 - possible shoe impression (impression #1) on bath floor - found someone between placard #5 & 6 - (diagram #249 has a #1 already - #1LB - cartidge casing). Some items not able to be collected with a letter or number - latent impressions and shoe and palm impressions labled - photos and reports are more descriptive to differentiate

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, duh. I wondered why Jodi said she "lost" her shoes, had to put on a business pair. (taunting the cops/DA in her sociopath mind? cause you know, Jodi by then, knew the forensics)....she might have committed the murder in her socks and clothes, but I bet she showered with a dead body because she would have quite bloody. But she probably walked through the still wet blood in her shoes before she left (one last peek?), maybe she seen the shoe-print and had no time for further clean up... I wish the cops would have asked the G-parents want TV shows they all watched. Probably detective or crime shows. Being from CA also, she would have also known about OJ's famous shoes sinking him. (not that she would have special shoes, still murders are solved on shoe prints) Shoes disappeared in that smoky fog in the desert along with her bloody clothes.

I am confused and I am sorry if this sounds dumb b/c it's been answered. I understand what you guys are getting out with the text TA sent about never wanting to talk to her again and how she is evil etc. But I thought I saw that that happened in April. He was obviously fine with her in May when she was recording the sex tape W/O his knowledge (for any of you jodi lovers). Do I have my dates wrong? Also, does the jury know that the day Jodi was arrested she had a gun and all those knives (????? maybe she was going to go to culinary school before she committed suicide) and that the gun was in the engine of the car?

I think the photo of him sitting in the shower was taken right after she began to threaten him with the weapon, holding whichever weapon in one hand, and the camera in the other. She forced him to sit in the shower at gun-or-knife point, knowing that he couldn't put up much of a fight while sitting. She fumbled the camera because it was being held in one hand (I have a Canon that is very similar to the camera Travis owned, and it's possible to hold it in one hand and make photos, but it's awkward.) She was left handed, so she would have held the weapon in the left hand, and the camera in the right.

The one thing that perplexes me about the photo of Travis sitting in the shower is why it's only of his body and does not include his face. I think this is because Jodi was shooting the photo with only the right hand, while she was threatening him with the weapon in the right. I wish it would have included his head, because I am sure he was in utter terror by that point in the "photoshoot."

I think he was aware that Jodi was taking photos of him in the shower, because the flash is on in several of them... you can see the shadow cast by the shower-water droplets.

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

BBM - the bolded comment is really the only thing I think she's been honest about in this trial. And, I'd say, it's probably the answer MOST defendants would give (unless you confess to a crime, you're not going to go to the police department and turn yourself in if they're not coming after you).

I think the photo of him sitting in the shower was taken right after she began to threaten him with the weapon, holding whichever weapon in one hand, and the camera in the other. She forced him to sit in the shower at gun-or-knife point, knowing that he couldn't put up much of a fight while sitting. She fumbled the camera because it was being held in one hand (I have a Canon that is very similar to the camera Travis owned, and it's possible to hold it in one hand and make photos, but it's awkward.) She was left handed, so she would have held the weapon in the left hand, and the camera in the right.

The one thing that perplexes me about the photo of Travis sitting in the shower is why it's only of his body and does not include his face. I think this is because Jodi was shooting the photo with only the right hand, while she was threatening him with the weapon in the right. I wish it would have included his head, because I am sure he was in utter terror by that point in the "photoshoot."

I think he was aware that Jodi was taking photos of him in the shower, because the flash is on in several of them... you can see the shadow cast by the shower-water droplets.

It does show his face. The photo of him looking directly into the camera and the photo of him sitting are one and the same. I'm not sure why they were cropped into two files, I think just to have a head shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix