Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T -- The Stubenville verdict is set to be announced at 10 AM Eastern time (in 2 minutes).

Regarding the new evidence pictures, I find the whole array of knives in the last shots (starting at pic 171) somewhat eerie.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Especially the very last picture with a single knife and an evidence marker beside it. The pictures show that there were two knives in the dishwasher at the time of the police investigation.

Now, I think it's easiest to assume that she would have dropped the knife that was the murder weapon somewhere with the gun, to get rid of incriminating blood evidence on it. Yet all she mentions is disposing of the gun and the rope, and allegedly The Fog makes her not remember what she did with the knife.

Yet on direct, she said something along the lines of "I might have put it in the dishwasher" - another of those open, indefinite answers she gives. On cross, she refused to make any kind of definite statement about what happened to the knife, saying she didn't remember.

Since it wasn't found at the murder scene, she either cleaned the knife and left it at the house, or she took it with her and disposed of it.

If her story were true (which I don't believe for a second), the knife came from Travis' household, and since it was determined that no knives were missing from the kitchen (however that is determined, maybe they owned one big set of cutlery? There is a picture of one block of knives in the kitchen, maybe those were all the pointy and sharp knives in the household, thus making it easy to identify if one was missing), the murder weapon must be one of knives in the dishwasher.

Unless the knife was one she brought along on her trip like she (IMO) did the gun, it seems to me like she was telling the truth when she said she might have put the knife in the dishwasher afterwards. Maybe just like she hoped the bleach and water would destroy the evidence on the camera, she thought running the bloody knife through the dishwasher would get rid of all the blood and prints on it. And unlike with the camera she was right, because the pictures prove that the knives were looked at by the police, and if one of them had shown traces of blood, we would know about it.

Maybe my mind is giong in too many circles around this one so that I don't see the obvious answer, but I find the thought that one of the knives in those pictures could be the murder weapon very eerie indeed.

I also recall her saying at some time/point that she may be remembering putting the knife in the dishwasher with a time before for murder, because she had done it before while cleaning up.

I personally think she brought a knife with her and took it when she left.

Katie's magical day. Goto Her thread and read all about it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

What a wonderful story that was to read. We are so lucky to have KatieCool!

Wondering if Nurmi would have the guts to recall Arias and let her make up another fable about the 3rd gas can ... like maybe she took one out of Travis' garage ? The same gas can Travis used to fill up his lawnmower to mow his non-existent lawn ? Or maybe fill up the jet-ski he didn't own ?

That is hilarious! Yes, the only way she can dispute it is to get back up on the stand, I love it.

I think that text was sent on May 28. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The text(s) calling her a sociopath were on May 26. Grandpa's gun was stolen on May 28. Her plan was in motion. :twocents:

O/T -- The Stubenville verdict is set to be announced at 10 AM Eastern time (in 2 minutes).

Scanning the channels, and I see nothing. Let me know what channel you see it. Tia

posted by Paperwing and brought over from last thread:
I thought she said she showered long before Travis did - in that shower. When did she say she showered with him in there? I think she did that, but I'm pretty sure she never said that. Remember - she would have been in full-fog-mode... grrrr.

This was during recross....and I don't remember which day. I remember he asked her very quietly and gently.....and she simply answered very quietly yes and that was it. But I DO know that the way I took the question was he was asking if he showered with his body in there.

Scanning the channels, and I see nothing. Let me know what channel you see it. Tia

HLN is on verdict watch. When the judge is seated they will cut away from news to cover the verdict (or so they said).

Was he crawling away from her, hands and knees while she was stabbing him in the back? How horrific that is. Off what I've seen so far this jury will be back 2nd day with a guilty and give her the max penalty in that phase.

morning1_zps3f58e404.gif

In my estimation the attack happened so quickly that there was no time to turn the shower head off and close the shower door so water was getting on the tiled floor throughout the attack. This caused the floor to be slick and slippery. This also accounts for the wicking on the box in the linen closet. Travis was wet from his shower and may have crawled down the hall to get away because he didn't have traction. Jodi had socks on so she did have traction. Autopsy photos show bruises on his knee and shins where he may have slipped and fallen at the beginning of the attack. I also think at the beginning of the attack she stabbed him by the toilet area while he was on the floor because the cast off was very low to the floor.

Hello all!

I went away for a one night religious retreat of sorts. I just got back. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Can someone please tell me why the hearing was cancelled on Friday? Thanks!

I also recall her saying at some time/point that she may be remembering putting the knife in the dishwasher with a time before for murder, because she had done it before while cleaning up.

I personally think she brought a knife with her and took it when she left.

What decent Ninja relies on a bachelor's (probably un-sharpened) knife set for a weapon?!? No. She was better armed in the knife department than the gun one. She had a knife to slash his tires. Her Stalker Kit would have been stocked when she hit Mesa. :twocents:

Hello all!

I went away for a one night religious retreat of sorts. I just got back. I can't wait for tomorrow.

There was a death in the family of one of the attorneys, someone said they heard it was Willmott.

Hello all!

I read here on WS that one of the attorneys or witnesses had a family emergency.

Off subject just a taint...
I always get a little tickled when the camera scans over to Flores. He is always looking straight ahead with no movement, paying close attention. He almost looks like a statue :smile: No disrespect intended, just an observation. Love our JM and Flores team!

Hello all!

death in the family of 1 of the attorneys.

I always get a little tickled when the camera scans over to Flores. He is always looking straight ahead with no movement, paying close attention. He almost looks like a statue :smile: No disrespect intended, just an observation. Love our JM and Flores team!

He always looks to me like he has to pee.

... and you just know at the end of each day he and Juan are going to compare notes on her new slip-ups. Between the two of them, nothing is going to be missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member