Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I can't wait for the cross BUT I can't wait for the Jury to ask their questions. I think it is awesome that AZ jurors can ask questions to the witness.:great:

The prosecutor needs to change the charge away from a Death Penalty and give her a Plea Deal, imo to save this case from total loss if he wants to win it.

At least I'd give her the benefit of the doubt after hearing her side.

Where was the pre-meditation to kill him that day?

Each person is entitled to an opinion. That said, WTH are you talking about?
Her own mouth has proven felony, premeditated murder!

Ok got a question...

Does Gus live in Vegas?? He says JA called him at 3:30am but she says she went over the Hoover Dam.. I'm not looking at a map...

BUT.. would you cross the Hoover Damn to go to UT SLC St G or where ever??? Umm seems to me like you would be heading north up the I-17 to I-40 then what is it I-20 something North thru Monument Valley etc..

Soooooooooooooo Did she head to Gus's? Have we looked at the timeline from last pic time stamp to the places she talks about??

I don't see how much longer Nurmi can drag this out. Juan likely up today.
He has SO MUCH....where oh where should he begin?
Gonna be good!!!!

Dear sweet Travis, we don't believe her. Justice coming!!!!

You think? Or are they going to go through the memorial, interrogations, every lie she told, and her long painfully detailed excuses/answer for each…

She is serving herself right up to Juan… I too cannot wait.

The prosecutor needs to change the charge away from a Death Penalty and give her a Plea Deal, imo to save this case from total loss if he wants to win it.

pre-meditation can happen in a split second it doesn't take mins/hours/days to make it pre-meditation..it can happen in a blink of an eye...like that first stab wound or grabbing the gun and pointing it at him...

Ok I can't wait for the cross BUT I can't wait for the Jury to ask their questions. I think it is awesome that AZ jurors can ask questions to the witness.:great:

The questions come when the defense finishes with her right?

you mean defense....since Juan has had this case handed to him without him having to do a lot of work. Since she had gas gans to burn the evidence, more than likely got her grandparents' gun and shot him with it, since Travis did not own a gun and the missing gun was the same caliber as the bullet used. She planned this long ago.
they already offered a deal...DEFENSE did...which is bogus. It was rejected by the state. State offers deals, not defense. She wanted 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. Juan does not do deals.

:doh: She can't remember any of the murder but she remembers covering it up!

She contradicted herself so many times today it is not funny. Her testimony was not plausible let alone blatantly honest. Does she really think the jury is going to buy what she is saying? Travis was chasing her but she had time to get the seat into position in the closet to climb up and get the gun? OMG. A part of me had been hoping we would actually hear the truth for once. We did not.

She wants to commit suicide in another city because it would be easier on her family! How thoughtful. How bout Cancun maybe! She's gonna get there somehow someway if it kills her. I was anticipating the blackout scenario, anything more than that today and this case would be over in my opinion. Then again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many days was she on the road during this trip?

Just got back from the store...did I miss anything?

:crazy:

I did bring a few treats for the lunch break:

Attachments

• Treats.jpg
    Treats.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 30
She maybe crying but there were several times when Nurmi asked a question she had a different tone, then back to the weepy voice.

Mike Brooks just said on In Session that the crime scene photo of the closet did not show a stool pulled over to he shelf. So how did she reach up to the top and get the gun?

(I missed the beginning)

J: other wall, like kind of near the scales or whatever those things are. So at this point, I didn't even know if he'd been shot. I didn't see anything different. He was just, we were struggling and wrestling and he's a wrestler. He wrestled in high school and he was getting on top of me, and I didn't want him getting on top of me because when he'd done that in the past, I can't get out of those hold that he gets, so he's grabbing at my clothes and I got up and he's just screaming angry. And after I broke away from him he said ****ing kill you *****. And
N: Before he lunged at you was he yelling at you and threatening you?
J: Well he was chasing me and he was pissed off.
N: Do you remember him yelling or saying anything?
J: He was calling me names because I dropped him camera
N: Do you remember what those were
J: Um....a 5-year-old could hold a camera better than me.
N: Do you remember saying anything to him?
J: I don't think so, I was just crying and running and I pointed it at him assuming he would get the idea to stop. He just, he wouldn't stop.
N: What do you meant he would stop?
J: Well, after the gun went off I thought crap, cuz then I know he's gonna be pissed. I didn't know I'd shot him, I thought I'd shot a hole in the wall or something. So now he's telling me he's gonna kill me. After he'd said that, he'd almost killed me before and
N: And what?
J: There's a lot of that day I don't remember, there are a lot of gaps. I don't remember the poses of the pictures. I remember them now that I've seen the pictures, but I didn't remember them till I saw them. I remember taking pictures, I just don't remember the pictures themselves, even though I looked at them. And now that I've seen them, I remember them.
N: Well, let me ask you this getting back to that moment in time, not the poses, everything else, you told us that.(blanked out by HLN)...him trying to get away.
J: He said that right after I broke away from him
N: Okay once you broke away from him, what do you remember?
J: Almost nothing for a long time, there are some things that have come back over years. But nothing. I don't know if those are things that I'm thinking of or if it's that day. It's confusing. There is like a huge gap, I don't know if I blacked out or what, there's a huge gap and the most clear memory that I have after that point is driving in the desert. But there are certain little things that have come back, pictures in my mind that have come back since then.
N: well let me ask you this, do you remember stabbing Travis Alexander?
J: I have no memory of stabbing
N: Do you remember as we see here in exhibit 162 dragging him across the floor?
J: No, I just remember trying to get away from him.
N: I'm showing you exhibit 73, do you remember placing him in the shower?
J: shakes head...no, I'm sorry thats no
N: you told us that after running away from him you don't have any clear memories of what happened after that until hours later, right?
J: I have a few memories but nothing is clear.
N: Okay tell us about those memories.
J: I have a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher. But I've put the knivfe in the dishwasher before, so I don't, I'm pretty sure it was that day.
N: Do you know where you got the knife from?
J: It was upstairs
N: Are you assuming that or do you remember that?
J:I'm assuming that and I don't think it was moved since he cut the rope
N: What's that?
J: I don't think it had been touched by either of us since he used it to cut the rope
N: What else do you remember from after the time that you crawled up from underneath him?
J: I remember I was in the bathroom, I remember dropping the knife and it clanged to the tile. It made a big noise and I just remember screaming. I don't remember anything after that. Not immediately.
N: Do you remember where he was when you were screaming?
J: I think he was next to me on the floor I don't know
N: Do you know where you were?
J: I was in the bathroom.
N: What else do you remember?
J: Not much
N: Not much being nothing?
J: It's not, I remember more the feeling of that time. Not pictures and things that I can bring back.
N: Tell us about the feeling
J: It was like mortal terror, it was like he, I pissed him off the worse I'd ever seen him pissed off and then I trid to stop him and then I piss him off even more and (blanked out on HLN)....he was angry at me and he wasn't gonna stop.
N: What do you mean by he wasn't gonna stop?
J: He wasn't gonna stop, he wasn't stopping
N: When you say he wasn't gonna stop, did you feel that he was going to kill you?
J: for sure, when he said kill you, yes, he'd almost killed me before and now he was saying he was going to
N: so when he said that to you, you believed him because of past incidencts
M: Objection, leading. Sustained rephrase
N: Did you believe him when he (blanked out)
J: Cause he'd never said that before and he'd taken me almost to that point without that threat and now he was clearly making that threat.
N: you told us yourlast memory in T's bathroom was sitting on the bathroom floor screaming.
J: I do'nt remember if I was sitting or what I just remember dropping it
N: Dropping the knife?
J: Yes.....I just remember what was going through my head. I couldn't believe what had happened, I couldn't take anything back that had happened. I couldn't rewind the clock.
N: Did you realize all that had happened
J: I don't know about all, but I just remember dropping the knife and being very freaked out and screaming.
N: After remembering that feeling and dropping the knife in the bathroom, and some of the other memories you've shared with us, what is the next point in time for which you have a memory?
J: For which I remembered? I remember driving west, because the sun was in my eyes for awhile. Ididn't know where I was going. I didn't have my GPS. I stopped at a lot of stoplights. Then I was in the desert. It got dark
N: So you don't remember even driving other than what you told us?
J: That was the clear memory
N: Did you have thoughts about what happened?
J: Yes
N: At that point in time when you were pulling away and driving away did you the gun with you?
J: I don't remember bringing the gun with me, but I remember throwing it.
N: Throwing it where?
J: In the desert
N: OK, what about the rope he had tied you up with? Did you take that with you?
N: Do you remember what you did with that?
J: Eventually it went into a dumpster?
N: Where?
J: It was behind a gas station, I think it was somewhere after St. George. I don't remember. It was getting light out wherever I was parked at that point.
N: Do you remember, let me ask you this: when you were driving, was there blood on you?
J: Yes, there was finally when I came to and saw there was blood on my hand and I didn't have my shoes, I didn't know where my shoes were. I was in the middle of nowhere so I pulled over. I got out of my car, I was really thristy. I had a case of water from Costco in the trunk. So I got some water, a water bottle and washed my hands off as well. I had business shoes from Prepaid thing so I got those out.
N; When you are doing this, you have the water, cleaning the blood off yourself. Did you stop and clean yourself off after you disposed of the weaons or before you disposed of the weapons or was it all one stop?
J: I don't remember where the knife was, I didn't have it with me. the gun was when I stopped and the rope was after that, another stop.
N; The full realization of what you'd done in the bathroom
J: I knew it was really bad and my life was probably done now.
N; at this point in time did you believe that Mr. Alexander was dead?
J: I believed that, cuz I didn't have any clear memory
Objection, not responsive to if he was alive or dead
N: Explain to us if you believed that Mr. Alexander was aliver or dead...let me just ask you this. Did you think that he was alive?
J: No, I thought he wasn't alive at that point
N: Was there a part that hoped he was alive?
J: Yes, of course
N: What do you mean of course?
J: I wish it was just a nightmare that I could wake up from. And everything was the same way.
N: Did you still love him?
J: Yeah, I did.
N: Do you still love him now?
J: Yeah, it's a different love, but yest I do.
N: Now after you have cleaned yourself up and you disposed of the gun and the rope, what do you do next?
J: I up started looking around for the charger that I thought I'd left because Matt hadn't answered his phone. I started cleaning the car and it was under the seat of the passenger side. I turned on the phone. There was no reception. Then as a started to drive there was one little bar then two then one then none. There were two voicemails, but the receptions wasn't strong enough to complete the call. I don't know if there were texts or not
N: Why were you interested in your voicemails at the time?
J; Well I realized that a lot of time had lapsed and other people were He was always the priority when we got together an dall my other responsiblities when to the back burner. Ryan was expecting me, Leslie was expecting me. I didn't know which way I was going at that point. I didn't know what I would say, I would tell them I was lost. I finally saw a sign that said Las Vegas. I came upon Hoover Dam and there was a checkpoint there. I stopped and they let me go through it. I stopped again and realized I was in really deep trouble. I thought about what I could do to delay the inevitable.
N: Why not just dial 911 and tell them what happened.
J: I was scared, I couldn't imagine calling 911 and telling them what I had done.

I was just really scared. I was scared at the checkpoint. I thought they would pull me over.
N: when you talked about people expecting you in Utah
J: I knew I'd messed up badly and uh the inevitable was gonna be next It wasn't something I could run from.
N: You said you messed up pretty badly, he attacked you, why did you feel you messed up pretty badly?
J: I mean, he attacked me, but I didn't look at it like that. He'd attacked me in the past and nothing had happened, nothing like this.
N: It was different this time, wasn't it
J: Yeah, it was different
N: Did you feel a sense of remorse
J: I wanted to
Even though he'd gotten really mad and threatened to kill me, maybe if I'd run left not right
N: So you regretted taking alternative steps?
M objection, leading
N:
J; I was feeling a lot of emotions. Mostly I was very scared. It's hard to explain. I just wanted to die.
N: Did you contemplate killing yourself at that time.
J: Not that very moment, but I did thereafter.
N: Okay well let's stay in that moment for now. Talk about delaying the inevitable and you can't run from this, people are waiting for you, what did you decide to do?
J: Um, I knew that my life was pretty much over, but I didn't want anyone to know that that had happened or that I did it. So I started taking steps in the aftermath of it to coverup that I was there. So I did a whole bunch of things to try to make it seem like a wasn't there.
N: Do you remember what those things were?
J: Yeah, when I pulled over at the Hoover Dam, and I called Ryan and Leslie and Leslie said that we called Travis cause we thought that he'd know where you were and she left a voicemail so I thought Oh, they are gonna find a voicemail, maybe I should leave a voicemail. His voicemail came up and I was gonna say that, but I started crying and it didn't sound right so I'd high pound and that one didn't sound right I would delete it again. Then that one didn't sound right, then I listened and that one sounded alright, so I hit that and had that message sent.
N: So this was your effort to act as if you weren't present in his home that night?
J: Yes, I thought his voicemail would eventually be listened to and I thought that would throw the scent off for a little bit
N: what do you don next?
J: Keep driving past Vegas.
N: where were you intending to go?
J: I realized that in order to keep up that pretense I had to keep part of the schedule that I was so I hat to show up in Utah and go home.
N: Was that for the business meeting we heard about earlier?
J: Yea whatever whas going on that day, it would have been a briefing.
N: The overall intent of going to Utah was to spend time and get to know Ryan Burns
J: Yes, and to see places for my photography.
N: When you were driving from the Vegas area to Utah, did you comtemplate what sort of behavior Mr. Burns was expecting out of you when you got there?
J: Yes, I was contemplating what behavior anyone would expect out of me and that would be my same happy-go-lucky self that I always try to be.
N: As it relates to, I'm gonna ask about a couple people we've seen in thise trial. How did you react toe Leslie?
J Just positive, not emotional
N: What about Ryan Burns, we'd heard about a budding romantic relationship, what did you feel like acting normal would mean with Mr. Bruns.
J: I didn't know, just hanging out and act like, oh I just got lost, and I'm kind of dingy anyway so everyone just says Oh that's just Jodi. So I don't remember what I was saying. I was just trying to act like myself.
N: What did that mean with Mr. Burns? Did you contemplate what based on your previous dialogue
J: He didn't expect sex or anything
M: Objection, speculation, sustained
N: In your expection, was sexual intercourse something he'd expected?
J: No, that's not what we discussed.
N: Any contact of a sexual nature?
J: No, what do you mean by sexual
N: Would he have expected you to kiss
M: Objection calls for speculation, overruled
N: Did he have the expectation that this time together would be romantic?
J: I don't know how romantic? I was just going with the idea that we would hang out, get to know each other, see if there was a spark or not.
N: When you were in Utah, did you kiss Mr. Burns?
J: Yes, we kissed
N: Did you cuddle with Mr. Burns?
J: Yes, I went to sleep/
N: Why
J: Why did I go to sleep?
N: No, why did you kiss and cuddle with Mr. Burns?
J: Well, we were on a I don't know if it was a couch or bed in his room and we were watching a movie and he was laying next to me, we weren't really touching but laying next to eath other and I felt safe right there. And I figured if I didn't kiss him at all, I don't know, I wanted to seem normal, like things were okay, like I didn't just do what I did.
N: And that was a pretense you kept up for about a day or so with Mr. Burns.
J: Yeah, I think. Not even that. I had gone to the restaurant earlier with him. I had followed him there. It was Thursday and I had to work, I don't know I just needed to get home. I slept for 2-3 hours and then left.
N: You recall hearing the testimony of Officer G?
N: He pulled you over for having your liscense plate upside down
J: Yes, I remember that
N: Did you put your liscense plate upside down?
J: No
N: Do you know how that could have happened?
J: I had told Ryan that
M: Objection, speculation. Approach.
N: Did you have any reason to know when your liscence plate was turned upside down.
J: I figured either I rented it like that or when the skaters in Pasedena were snickering as the went by the car and the liscence plate was removed
N: Let's clarify here, was it on the front of the car of the back of the car?
J: the front
N; so your rental car had two liscence plates?

N: Before you got on the road to Yreka, did you kiss him in the morning before you left as well?
J: Yeah, I kissed him goodbye, we had fallen asleep on the love..., and we woke up to my phone and yeah, we kissed. We weren't making out, not like he said,
N: Okay, so after you leave Mr. Burns house, you are still in your rental car, correct? Were you driving your rental car back to Yreka?
J: Iwas driving back early Friday morning, hoping to make it in time for my shift at 9:00
N: You were expected there?
J: I was expected there, it was a small restaurant there was nobody else that was gonna be there.
N: What was the plan, what were you going to say?
J: When?
N: When you went back home.
J: I didn't have a plan, I just wanted to go home. I didn't know what to think, I just wanted to die.
N: You say you wanted to die, did you contemplate killing yourself on your way to Yreka?
Approach
N: You didn't formulate any plans on the way back home?
J; No, I wasn't thinking of it, I just wanted to die.
N: When you went to Utah, and when you were going to go home to Yreka, did you have injuries?
J; Yes,
N: What were those injuries.
I guess they were like scrapes all over my ankles. I had cut myself downstairs, I guess it would have been June 4th. I dropped a glass down in the kitchen and he didn't get mad at me, but he called me clutzy. I picked up the glass and I cut myself. It was unrelated, but when I was driving, it reopened. So it was bleeding.
N: While you were in Utah, did you formulate an excuse for the injury?
J: Yeah, I said that I cut myself
N: Any explanation how?
J: yeah, the week before I cut myself at work, so I said I'm a bartender, I cut myself. I remember that because the date was in my phone.
N: Did you get home to Yreka?
J: Yes,
N: Did you get there in time for your shift?
J: Yes, if I was late, it wasn't too much. I think I was late, but I made it there.
N: Did you see your family there?
J: Probably my grandparents, I went home and changed into my work clothes for the restaurant.
N: When you got home, what did you tell your family?
J: I didn't tell them anything?
N: Just tried to live as normal?
J: Basically I just acted as if nothing had happened and just waited for the clock to tick down?
N: what clock are we talking about, for your arrest?
J: Yes, that clock.

N: You said you got back in early June, back to Yreka, and you were arrested in July. Did you ever contemplate or attempt suicide during that period of time?
J: Yes, umm not attempted, I took steps to.
N: What were those steps?
J: I bought a gun?
N: Where did you buy the gun?
J: IT's called Don's Sporting Goods, in Yreka?
N: Did you need to get a liscence in CA?
J: Yeah, CA requires a background check, and a 10 day waiting period for the gun to be registered.
N: Did you take any other steps?
J: Yes, I began to prepare for, there were things that I didn't want to come out about Travis and the things I was participating in, so I got rid of the clothes and the underwear.
N: Is that the Spiderman underwear?
J: Yes,
N: And what else did you do?
J: You mean to get ready to commit suicide.
N: Yeah
J: I was ready to leave the area. I was on the fence about killing myself, but if I didn't I'd get arrested and I didn't want to be in Yreka.
N: Why not in Yreka?
J: It would be easier for my family if it wasn't in their backyard.
N: Now, apart from buying the gun, we know that you had several phone conversations with Det. Flores while you lived in Yreka, didn't you?
N: Those came to pass after you learned from other parties about Mr. Alexander's death.
M: Objection
N: When did you make those phone calls?
J: I think I called on June 10,
N: What prompted your call to Flores on June 10
J: I think Leslie encouraged me to call him
N: Well, let me ask you this question. When were you informed of Travis's death.
J: The night before
N: Who told you.
J: Dan

Noon recess.

IMO

Jodi is still in the mode of talking to 48 Hrs or Inside Edition (is that the one?). Soft interviews where she was in charge.

It will really hit her when JM starts.

Moving this over:

The gun in the closet is another obvious lie. Do y'all remember when she told Flores that Travis didn't own a gun? The only weapons he had were "his two fists"....so many lies she is gonna be called out on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther