JY Trial - Witnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good links and friendly faces here - thanks for the reading material for the cram session.

Based on what is already known in this case, I am hoping this is short, sweet and he's found guilty in short order. So horrific.

Agree.

What a terrible crime. And he behaved as guilty before, during, and after. Put him away, and throw away the key.

The only silver lining to this horrible gray cloud has been, again, the family of the young wife, who have stepped in for the care of the child.

What? No one is coming to JLY's defense? He only lived a few miles from the Cary border. Wasn't he railroaded too?

th_evil-doctor.jpg

What? No one is coming to JLY's defense? He only lived a few miles from the Cary border. Wasn't he railroaded too?

th_evil-doctor.jpg

I am sure they will show up, no worries..discussions would be boring without them.. lol

Anyone know anything about this case in Stem or hear anything? I know her husband was arrested for her murder, I Guess her body was found later.. and he burnt down their house.. not too far from here either. He must be coming up for trial soon? I can't find anything in the news about him.

Thanks.

th_evil-doctor.jpg

Mad74, indeed you are -- simply mad; out of your mind! Thx for the laff!!
icon10.gif

A serious but unrelated thought:

The only teeny-tiny microscopic mitigating factor for JLY, as I see it, in this entire case, is that he called Meredith to get her over there because he was concerned in the most minuscule way about CY -- as if her walking around in that abattoir for hours wasn't a horror made for lifelong nightmares. JMO.
icon8.gif

Great list - saved me going back (lazy, eh). Wonder if JY's mother may be subpoenaed by pros? If so - may be hostile. Mrs. Y may plead the 5th.

The defense have their work cut out for them in this one, I do declare. No - not that it's a slam dunk ... just that there is some immense writing already on the wall. This wasn't a 3-month nab and grab the suspect. This arrest was a long time coming.

And FWIW I really don't feel this will be another 8-weeker trial - as per Brad Cooper. Surely promise me we're *not* going to hear endless inept police work, frame-ups and LE tampering all over again (rolls eyes).

Brad's about to have a new mate. An IN-mate!

:floorlaugh: Trouble is Annie, he might enjoy that :great: I am so thankful this day has come xox

Great list - saved me going back (lazy, eh). Wonder if JY's mother may be subpoenaed by pros? If so - may be hostile. Mrs. Y may plead the 5th.

The defense have their work cut out for them in this one, I do declare. No - not that it's a slam dunk ... just that there is some immense writing already on the wall. This wasn't a 3-month nab and grab the suspect. This arrest was a long time coming.

And FWIW I really don't feel this will be another 8-weeker trial - as per Brad Cooper. Surely promise me we're *not* going to hear endless inept police work, frame-ups and LE tampering all over again (rolls eyes).

Brad's about to have a new mate. An IN-mate!

Thanks for that list Annie, Didn't Michelle go to see a sexologist who dealt with transgender problems? That would be interesting to learn about and was hoping that lady would testify.

Jury selection 5-31-11, with opening statements probably 6-6-11.

It was pushed back a couple of weeks because of the Cooper trial over-run.

When the state releases their witness list, I will go to the clerks office and obtain a copy. Though many will never be called, the list should be in order.

Thanks for that list Annie, Didn't Michelle go to see a sexologist who dealt with transgender problems? That would be interesting to learn about and was hoping that lady would testify.

Hi, Scandi! This sexologist appointment(?) is something totally new to me in this case... Have you any details? Transgender problems for JLY? Please fill us in, if you can. Would this provide some "angle" for the defense? This concerns me a bit...
Again, thanks in advance if you have any more details.
icon7.gif

Hi, Scandi! This sexologist appointment(?) is something totally new to me in this case... Have you any details? Transgender problems for JLY? Please fill us in, if you can. Would this provide some "angle" for the defense? This concerns me a bit...
Again, thanks in advance if you have any more details.
icon7.gif

Hi borndem :) this is my first post on this board - but I have read here for a long time before joining and it seems like a great place - some names I definitely recognize. :)

I was drawn to Michelle's case and followed it very closely the first couple of years and some of the details are a bit fuzzy since it took a bit for an arrest. I do remember the therapist - Michelle had sought out this therapist shortly before her death and Judge Stephens determined that she had some information that would be important to the case..so her testimony will definitely be given.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1211049/

I believe there was speculation of the transgender thing because that therapist has experience in that area. Also, one of the items mentioned that investigators found that Jason had did a search for on his computer was "gay bars in NYC". I'm not sure if there were other factors that led to that speculation other than that...I'm sure one of the other posters know more than I do but that's a start. :)

http://www.genderjourney.com/About/Kimball/tabid/220/Default.aspx

Hi borndem :) this is my first post on this board - but I have read here for a long time before joining and it seems like a great place - some names I definitely recognize. :)

I was drawn to Michelle's case and followed it very closely the first couple of years and some of the details are a bit fuzzy since it took a bit for an arrest. I do remember the therapist - Michelle had sought out this therapist shortly before her death and Judge Stephens determined that she had some information that would be important to the case..so her testimony will definitely be given.

I believe there was speculation of the transgender thing because that therapist has experience in that area. Also, one of the items mentioned that investigators found that Jason had did a search for on his computer was "gay bars in NYC". I'm not sure if there were other factors that led to that speculation other than that...I'm sure one of the other posters know more than I do but that's a start. :)

:tyou:for the links, Luna24 -- this is just what I wanted -- and I may not be the only one on this board who has lost track of this piece of the puzzle. We've got quite a puzzle with a lot of pieces to put together -- especially since many of us have been working on it since 2007 or so.

And we're glad to have you with us in this effort and on this board. Please try to help us fill in the pieces!

Welcome and thanks again! :seeya:

Thanks for the links, I hadn't heard anything about the gay bars, at least not that I recall. I vaguely recall Michelle having seen a therapist, but only very vaguely. Do you have any more input on what the suspicions are? This case and the Young family appear to have a bit more in their cloudy background IMO.

The therapist was one that was "approved" for PE employees. Michelle didn't seek the therapist out for that specialty, the therapist handled other things too, such as marriage counseling.

The therapist was one that was "approved" for PE employees. Michelle didn't seek the therapist out for that specialty, the therapist handled other things too, such as marriage counseling.

Thanks, Wyn, for the info. Sounds familiar -- my workplace (I have since retired early -- mind you) had an approved list of counseling services as well. My thought on this is that MY chose that particular therapist because she was female -- that's probably what I would have done... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther