Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

An Olathe man is hoping to clear his name after photos of him being detained following the shooting at the Chiefs rally on Wednesday went viral.

Posts with the photos have spread online with captions falsely claiming that man to be one of the gunmen. But that's not the case…

An Olathe man is hoping to clear his name after photos of him being detained following the shooting at the Chiefs rally on Wednesday went viral.

Posts with the photos have spread online with captions falsely claiming that man to be one of the gunmen. But that's not the case…

Every “news” outlet that ran his picture should report on this. Yes he was intoxicated and didn’t follow police instructions to leave the area - so report that.

Why did this case just seem to vaporize? Little media coverage anymore, little discussion. It's like the world just moved on.
I heard today on the radio news that the 12 children who had been hospitalized as a result of the shooting have all been released to go home now. That's good news, but nothing was said about their injuries in relation to ongoing medical care and needs, etc.

The media sa
I heard today on the radio news that the 12 children who had been hospitalized as a result of the shooting have all been released to go home now. That's good news, but nothing was said about their injuries in relation to ongoing medical care and needs, etc.
The media sadly moves on... to the next shooting. there will be another one in a week or so. So sad

Why did this case just seem to vaporize? Little media coverage anymore, little discussion. It's like the world just moved on.
I've heard/read some interesting reasons for this, as others are asking the same question.
Some folks seem to think it's because the suspects are minors.
Others assume race/politics has everything to do with it.
Yet others think we really are becoming so used to it, the outrage has left the room.
I don't know what to think.

I've heard/read some interesting reasons for this, as others are asking the same question.
Yet others think we really are becoming so used to it, the outrage has left the room.

I think Nr 1.

They are minors so Media are gagged about any info of them.

JMO

"FBI hunts for THIRD gunman in Kansas City Chiefs parade shooting -

as eyewitness comes forward claiming he saw another man with finger on trigger of handgun moments after Lisa Lopez-Galvan was shot dead."

I definitely find myself flitting between sadness for the victim(s) and being completely desensitised and thinking "oh another one"

Interesting, from the same article:
Miller and Mays were both injured in the shooting, according to court records, and first responders took them to local hospitals. They are both still hospitalized as of Tuesday, the prosecutor said, but are considered in custody. Both suspects are being held on a $1 million bond.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Moments before nearly two dozen were shot outside Union Station as the Chiefs Super Bowl rally was ending, two others were shot less than a mile away.

Jenipher Cabrera, 20, was wounded a few blocks away at 27th and McGee about 25 minutes earlier.

Kansas City Police have said little about the incident thus far. Chief Stacey Graves said Thursday there wasn’t evidence at that time it was connected to the violence at the rally. Police Monday confirmed there were two victims. The incident is believed to have been a drive-by-shooting.

Cabrera went to the Chiefs Super Bowl parade with her family. They were near the start at the North end. When the last of the players passed by they had an idea.

“I had always wanted to go to the rally the two other times that the Chiefs won, like I wanted to go, but my mom always said it was dangerous,” the UMKC student said.

Shooting victim near Kansas City Chiefs rally was parade-goer

Updated: FEB 20, 2024

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from the article. Two more suspects charged in Chiefs parade shooting

Court records say Mays got in an argument with someone else after the rally. Evidence so far doesn’t show any previous contact or prior knowledge between these two people, Peters Baker said.

23-year-old Lyndell Mays (mugshot via Jackson County jail)

23-year-old Lyndell Mays (mugshot via Jackson County jail)

The argument escalated quickly, she said, and Mays allegedly pulled out a handgun. Almost immediately, prosecutors say others, including Miller, pulled out guns and started shooting.

Peters Baker declined to comment Tuesday on how many shooters in all were involved but said they’re determined to hold every shooter accountable.

While both these men are accused in the shooting, prosecutors say it was Miller that shot and killed Lisa Lopez-Galvan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back