Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

According to its website, , though, takes just over 7.9 percent from each donation made:
5 percent goes to
2.9 percent, as well as an additional 30 cents per donation, is taken to process the payment.
If donating to a charity through PayPal Giving Fund, a fee is not deducted.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...--donation-goes-to-the-recipient/73-481096173

On Thursday, the United Way and the Chiefs teamed up to create the #KCStrong Fund.

Wanted to bring this up after reading an article about the man that worked at burger king 27 years and received junk.
Go fund me at one time had taken over 80,000 from the 300,000 that had come in.
Just seems to be a ripoff to me.

Jmo

According to its website, , though, takes just over 7.9 percent from each donation made:
5 percent goes to
2.9 percent, as well as an additional 30 cents per donation, is taken to process the payment.
If donating to a charity through PayPal Giving Fund, a fee is not deducted.

On Thursday, the United Way and the Chiefs teamed up to create the #KCStrong Fund.

Wanted to bring this up after reading an article about the man that worked at burger king 27 years and received junk.
Go fund me at one time had taken over 80,000 from the 300,000 that had come in.
Just seems to be a ripoff to me.

Jmo
People who set up these accounts also need to be aware also that the donatons received are taxable by the IRS. Not sure if it is the owner of the account (the person who sets it up) or the recipient of the donations who is the individual who has to pay the federal taxes. I assume there are also state taxes, but can't confirm that.

Last edited:
The argument began when two groups of people grew agitated over the belief that people in the other group were staring at them, according to affidavits from police. Surveillance video shows Mays and someone with him aggressively approached the other group, police say.

Most of the redactions in the PCA are of individuals or their initials, but on the last page there's an interesting one after mention of the 9mm Glock. I suspect that what is redacted is that it was boosted with a Glock switch, mentioned upthread.
ETA: SBM; referring to the first PCA PDF in @imstilla.grandma's post.

Last edited:
1708534568408.jpeg

1708534704611.jpeg

View attachment 484967

View attachment 484970
Thank you for posting these. Reading that has made me so angry. Why couldn't they have just walked away, instead of bringing so many innocent bystanders into their nonsense. An argument with guns over nothing at all.
I am glad there is video evidence. All of the shooters need to be held accountable.

Witness 9 tried to claim Mays only shot in retaliation to being shot at first. Assuming Mays also tried using this story too, until confronted with the fact there was surveillance video evidence.
Mays was seen aggressively approaching the other group, he pulled a gun out first, he started chasing and shooting at a fleeing unarmed person.
Witness 13 stated no members of the other group made threats towards them prior to Mays shooting...so much for "He was only trying to protect us."

All my own opinion.

@CameronKSHB

BREAKING: Lyndell Mays, one of the men charged in the parade shooting, just got off unsupervised probation earlier this month for pulling out a gun at the Belton community center in 2021.

1708651578683.png

A municipal court clerk in Belton told me he served 5 days in jail and received 2 years of unsupervised probation. That probation began on 2/8/22. Mays was found guilty by the court on disorderly conduct.

These court documents show Mays previously served 5 days in jail and received 2 years of unsupervised probation for 2021 incident in Cass County.

1708651652860.png1708651663574.png

Last edited:
Parade shooting suspect Lyndell Mays makes 1st court appearance

Mays remains in custody at the Jackson County Detention Center on a $1 million bond.

Mays is expected to have a bond review hearing on Feb. 29.

Edited to include:

READ | Lyndell Mays' probable cause statement
READ | Dominic Miller's probable cause statement

If you have any information about a crime, you may contact your local police department directly. But if you want or need to remain anonymous, you should contact the Greater Kansas City Crime Stoppers Tips Hotline by calling 816-474-TIPS (8477), submitting the tip online or through the free mobile app at P3Tips.com. Depending on your tip, Crime Stoppers could offer you a cash reward.

Last edited:
@KSHB41

'I took an oath,' Nurses talk about treating the two suspects charged in the Chiefs rally shooting.
@JuYeonKimTV spoke with nurses Jessica Dean and Jessica Dagel on Thursday.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two women, both named Jessica, were near the same place at the same time during the Chiefs championship rally.

When gunshots rang out, they individually helped two men who were shot and laying on the ground. They later found out those patients were Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays.

More at link...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back