Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

The police warrant says that surveillance video shows the sister lied to them. It says the video shows he fired first. And even she seemed to be mad at him for it because when she ran over to him after he was shot she hit him. And it also says her boyfriend told the truth.

Lyndell Mays warrant

@UnionStationKC

Tonight, as weekend services for Lisa Lopez-Galvan begin, Union Station’s historic south façade features accent colors from the flag of Mexico. This is both a reflection of Lisa’s proud Hispanic heritage as well as an expression of sympathy to her entire extended family. Lisa tragically lost her life at the end of the February 14th Parade and Rally. We lift up Lisa’s memory and send our wishes for the complete recovery of all those injured and impacted by the senseless violence of that day.
Photos by @JamesDVB and @KCESCAPADES

1708796057512.png

The police warrant says that surveillance video shows the sister lied to them. It says the video shows he fired first. And even she seemed to be mad at him for it because when she ran over to him after he was shot she hit him. And it also says her boyfriend told the truth.

Lyndell Mays warrant

Odd.

The criminal tells the truth and the family member lies....

The family casts doubt on allegations that he admitted to the Kansas City Police Department that he drew his gun first and fired.

They allege Kansas City police officers questioned him while he was being given opioids. The department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“How can you say my brother admitted to these statements when he was highly sedated?” Mays’ sister said. “It’s not logical. It makes no sense.”

Trying to find the right way to ask without offending anybody, but is it typical/common for people in the US to bring guns to a parade, or other sociable family events?
Here in Canada, unless a person is a hunter or involved in security or LE, typically, only criminals carry guns, imo, speculation.

Last edited:

A citation from the Belton Police Department says Mays “displayed a black handgun during a dispute while playing basketball” at the Belton Community Center, which caused people to fear for their safety and run out of the gym.

Mays pleaded guilty on Feb. 8, 2022, and was placed on two years probation.

MISSOURI COURTS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-115444.png
    Screenshot_20240225-115444.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — One of the men charged in Lisa Lopez-Galvan’smurder in the seconds after the Chiefs Champions Victory Parade rally ended on Feb. 14 outside Union Station is back in the hospital.

Lyndell Mays did not appear Thursday as scheduled for a bond-review hearing in Jackson County Circuit Court.

His bond-review hearing was rescheduled for Monday, March 4.

Accused Super Bowl rally shooter Lyndell Mays misses bond-review hearing after being hospitalized again

and last updated 12:13 PM, Feb 29, 2024

Mays did not appear for a previously scheduled bond-review hearing in Jackson County Circuit Court on Feb. 29 because he was readmitted to the hospital. The hearing was initially moved to Monday, March 4, but was pushed to Tuesday after May's public defender did not appear for the hearing, per the court.

Trying to find the right way to ask without offending anybody, but is it typical/common for people in the US to bring guns to a parade, or other sociable family events?
Here in Canada, unless a person is a hunter or involved in security or LE, typically, only criminals carry guns, imo, speculation.
No it would not be common for people to carry guns to a parade. You might have a couple of conceal carry people that have a gun, but not all that many really. The rest are just as you indicated, criminals. And I think these guys went to the parade looking for trouble.

No it would not be common for people to carry guns to a parade. You might have a couple of conceal carry people that have a gun, but not all that many really. The rest are just as you indicated, criminals. And I think these guys went to the parade looking for trouble.

By definition, these perpetrators are not mature enough to know when to not draw their weapon.

@ejleven

The two men charged with murder in the KC Chiefs rally shooting admitted to opening fire, according to a probable cause statement."Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” one said. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”

https://cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/two-men-charged-with-murder-in-kansas-city-parade-shooting/index.html

5:18 PM · Feb 20, 2024
Unreal. They supposedly had never met before, but confronted each other, had an argument, all were armed, and just started shooting.

"Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” one said. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”
“I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”
That's what I say when I mess up some little thing. Library late fee, speeding ticket.
Murdering someone and injuring dozens for no reason at all is more than just stupid. This has to end.

@KREM2

Court documents that were part of the complaint said 12 people brandished firearms and at least six people fired weapons at the rally.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Three men from Kansas City, Missouri, face firearms charges, including gun trafficking, after an investigation into the mass shooting during the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl parade and rally, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Kansas City said that 22-year-old Fedo Antonia Manning, was charged in a 12-count complaint. Ronnel Dewayne Williams Jr., 21, and Chaelyn Hendrick Groves, 19, were charged in four-count complaints.

More at link...

3 men face firearms charges after Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting, authorities say

Updated: 12:54 PM PDT March 13, 2024

Jason Barton didn’t want to attend the Super Bowl parade this year. He told a co-worker the night before that he worried about a mass shooting. But it was Valentine’s Day, his wife is a Kansas City Chiefs superfan, and he couldn’t afford to take her to games since ticket prices soared after the team won the championship in 2020.

If interested, there is more at link...

MARCH 14, 2024

Jason Barton didn’t want to attend the Super Bowl parade this year. He told a co-worker the night before that he worried about a mass shooting. But it was Valentine’s Day, his wife is a Kansas City Chiefs superfan, and he couldn’t afford to take her to games since ticket prices soared after the team won the championship in 2020.

If interested, there is more at link...

MARCH 14, 2024

They Feel Forgotten. :(

James Lemons attended the event with his wife Brandie, 17-year-old daughter Kallie, 10-year-old son Jackson, and 5-year-old daughter Kensley.

James says he was carrying Kensley on his shoulders when he heard gunfire.

"I was walking through trying to run through with her on my shoulders. I

got hit in my leg and I fell with her and had to catch her face to make sure her face didn't hit the concrete," James said.

Fast forward more than a month, and James has been unable to work at his warehouse job.

Because he hasn't been employed in that position for a year, James says he's not eligible for short-term disability.

He also says he doesn't have insurance to pay for the surgery he needs to remove the bullet still lodged in his leg.

"I love my city, and I love my team, but there's people hurting like real families. This is not play," James said.

Third man charged with murder
Terry J. Young, 20, has been charged with 2nd degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of armed criminal action, prosecutors said in a statement Thursday.

[...]

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said in the statement that surveillance camera footage showed Young firing several times after he and two other men got involved in an argument.

"Young and two other individuals walked up to an individual in another group. A verbal argument commenced. After one individual pulled out a firearm, Young pulled out a firearm and pointed it at and advanced toward the first individual," the statement said.

According to the U.S. District Court of Kansas, an Olathe man is suing a Tennessee congressman after posts accusing him of being a shooter at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade and an “illegal alien.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back