Karr wrote the ransom note-my analysis

Juliet10 said:
I guess the ransom note writer didn't really change his habits from the 1980's then. The ransom not writer is a big fan of writing style from the 1980's, coincindentally just like Karr.
The calligraphy, stylized thing and the Y's are not the issue. It's the normal portion of the writing at the end - the a's , d's, l's etc. Not the highly ornate part of it. We all did that as kids.

JDB said:
Now go and find PR hand writting and compare. The E are different for sure.
I've seen Patsy's handwriting. Her natural printing style isn't the same.
It's short/stubby and mostly straight.

Her writing with the left hand produced very sharp zig zaggy writing. It didn't look like the note at all. Just a few instances here and there that would happen to anybody due to chance, writing with their left hand with a sharpie marker, but not overall consistent trends that happen over and over again.

If she did disguise it, then it's a pretty big coincidence because her "disguised writing" looks just like Karr's. She started doing hooks all over the place, slanting her letters the same way Karr did, and weird looking and's that she didn't do in her natural writing.

Juliet10 said:

Her writing with the left hand produced very sharp zig zaggy writing. It didn't look like the note at all. Just a few instances here and there that would happen to anybody due to chance, writing with their left hand with a sharpie marker, but not overall consistent trends that happen over and over again.

If she did disguise it, then it's a pretty big coincidence because her "disguised writing" looks just like Karr's. She started doing hooks all over the place, slanting her letters the same way Karr did, and weird looking and's that she didn't do in her natural writing.
Well, we have experts who think it is.
PR could not be eliminated as the writer of the note.

I have no idea who wrote this note. I knew someone from middle school who would "practice" signatures of parents until they finally got their style down. The practice part of the RN is confusing, I could see many reasons for that.

In the handwriting samples above, note the 'o' letter formation, and you'll see a major difference. The ransom note 'o' formations are all nearly circular, and small. The JK samples that are shown above have varied size and shape, and are mostly oval.

For me, there's too great a difference in the letter 'o' formation for it to be a match.

I'm no expert, but IMO, JK's handwriting is light, airy, and legible. The RN handwriting has the opposite characteristics. Its hard, blunt, sloppy, and unrefined.

Juliet10 said:

Just bring Patsy Handwritting here and compare them.

julianne said:
I actually see alot more DISsimilarities than similarities in the note. Look at the e's on the yearbook sample---they are actually written like a "c" at first, and then then line is drawn through to make the E. The ransom note doesn't have that. But anyways, more importantly, how were you able to add that in your post? I've tried to add things in my posts but have never been able to, except for links and smilies.

When I was in high school and younger, I used to change my handwriting all the time. For example, I used to make my 's' with a slanted start, but I don't anymore. I used to make my 'e' the same way JMK made his 'e' in his yearbook. I used to make my 'w' with rounded bases, like a 'u' rather than a 'v'. People's handwriting evolves as they get older.

Does anyone know if I can get a sample of Patsy's printing online?

Look at the "g"s in the samples. They are very different. You have to have an absence of "dissimilarities" in the handwriting samples, as well as similarities, to declare them the same.

The "g"s are definitely dissimilar. Also, "t"s are always connected to the next letter in the ransom note, not so in the yearbook sample. Letters are much more "gothic" in the yearbook sample.

I haven't finished reading page 2 of this yet, so if this has been mentioned, I apologize.

If Karr was a teacher how hard could it be to get a recent example of his handwritting? Good God teachers are writting constantly and all they can come up with is an old yearbook as a reference sample???

Juliet10 said:
I guess the ransom note writer didn't really change his habits from the 1980's then. The ransom not writer is a big fan of writing style from the 1980's, coincindentally just like Karr.

You seem convinced it is Karrs writing in the RN. I guess it's been established that Karr was in Boulder that night then?

julianne said:
I actually see alot more DISsimilarities than similarities in the note. Look at the e's on the yearbook sample---they are actually written like a "c" at first, and then then line is drawn through to make the E. The ransom note doesn't have that. But anyways, more importantly, how were you able to add that in your post? I've tried to add things in my posts but have never been able to, except for links and smilies.
I feel the same way. I only saw a similarity in the letter 'd'.

I would ask all of you to look back at a highschool yearbook you signed and look for similarities. My handwriting is completely different.

I can't see close enough to see where weight was put down on the pen and where the pen was picked up.

Cyndi said:
I guess it's been established that Karr was in Boulder that night then?

If that had been established, this case would get a whole lot easier. Just because it hasn't been established yet, doesn't mean he was not there.

Marthatex said:
Look at the "g"s in the samples. They are very different. You have to have an absence of "dissimilarities" in the handwriting samples, as well as similarities, to declare them the same.

The "g"s are definitely dissimilar. Also, "t"s are always connected to the next letter in the ransom note, not so in the yearbook sample. Letters are much more "gothic" in the yearbook sample.
Keep in mind it's 1982 so he likely dropped all the gothic embellishment at the top of the yearbook page.

There are too many trends that are similar.

Patsy Ramsey has a bazillion dissimilarities between her samples and the ransom note, many more than Karr IMO. Karr has more similarities than Patsy's writing ever had. Trends he has that are repeated over and over. Patsy has some similarities here and there, but no real similar trends. It the unique characteristics that happen repeatedly that I think are the most important.

There's no question Patsy wrote the ransom note--Her samples are much more similar than Karr's-----On Nancy Grace right now,a handwriting expert just declared that Karr is not the author of the Rn,showing many big differences in individual letters--Over ten handwriting experts have declared Patsy the author of the ransom note

Juliet10 said:
Keep in mind it's 1982 so he likely dropped all the gothic embellishment at the top of the yearbook page.

There are too many trends that are similar.

Patsy Ramsey has a bazillion dissimilarities between her samples and the ransom note, many more than Karr IMO. Karr has more similarities than Patsy's writing ever had. Trends he has that are repeated over and over. Patsy has some similarities here and there, but no real similar trends. It the unique characteristics that happen repeatedly that I think are the most important.

You are correct. In a macro level handwriting comparison, finding a good number of unique/rare markers are key to a high confidence level that the same writer wrote the comparitive documents.

Looks like Karr did the note with his non-dominant hand.

I printed out both samples from the year book and the ransom note.

This was before any analysis was available. I also noticed the “a” and “ll” and “d”

the “a” was quite glaring.

I also assumed that the person writing the ransom note was trying to disguise his own hand writing. There is an analysis over at Forums for Justice that apparently assumes the perp. wasn’t trying to disguise their identity.

While I was trying to look for specific places where the author was in a rush, then compared those individual letters.

I printed out two copies and super imposed them over one another. I held them up to a light, one on top of another. And one “e” was dead on. I mean exact. A lot of letters were like this.

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that the perp. found a letter by one of the inhabitants and tried to emulate their hand writing. Didn’t we all do this in high shool?

Karr is quite skilled and can change between all kinds of different styles.

PS.. look at the "to" and you will shutter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back