Karr wrote the ransom note-my analysis

cwiz24 said:
If that had been established, this case would get a whole lot easier. Just because it hasn't been established yet, doesn't mean he was not there.

CWIZ - I agree with your comments and perhaps I am being too impatient wanting all this information right now :). I find it highly suspect though that so far not one person can confirm Karr was in Boulder that night, not one!!!! Surely this would have come out by now don't you think if he was? Does no-one else find this really strange except me? :waitasec:

Cyndi said:
CWIZ - I agree with your comments and perhaps I am being too impatient wanting all this information right now :). I find it highly suspect though that so far not one person can confirm Karr was in Boulder that night, not one!!!! Surely this would have come out by now don't you think if he was? Does no-one else find this really strange except me? :waitasec:

I find it equally as strange that no one can conclusively place him with his family during Christmas.

islanders said:

I also assumed that the person writing the ransom note was trying to disguise his own hand writing.
No shuddering here. The idea that the ransom note author was trying to disguise thier handwriting was a claim by LE and others who were quickly looking for a way to pin it on the R's. IOW the only way the R's could author the note is if they disguised their handwriting, since neither handwriting was an obvious match.

Since JK isn't an obvious match, then he too must have disguised his handwriting. Wow, how many times does the 'disguised handwriting' explanation get to be used before it wears out?

If you read the last few paragraphs of the RN, you can see very clearly that the writing is smooth. The writer is more relaxed, and the letters flow freely.

The 'disguised handwriting' of the JBR ransom note is a myth.

Holdontoyourhat said:
No shuddering here. The idea that the ransom note author was trying to disguise thier handwriting was a claim by LE and others who were quickly looking for a way to pin it on the R's. IOW the only way the R's could author the note is if they disguised their handwriting, since neither handwriting was an obvious match.

Since JK isn't an obvious match, then he too must have disguised his handwriting. Wow, how many times does the 'disguised handwriting' explanation get to be used before it wears out?

If you read the last few paragraphs of the RN, you can see very clearly that the writing is smooth. The writer is more relaxed, and the letters flow freely.

The 'disguised handwriting' of the JBR ransom note is a myth.

I have no idea how you could concluded that the author of the ransom note didn’t try to disguise their own identity?

Of course they did. That’s a given.

Do you see any similarities between the ransom note and Patsy's handwriting? I sure do!

fivekidz4me said:
Wow, I am glad I don't have to determine anything based off handwriting.

RKnowley said:
Do you see any similarities between the ransom note and Patsy's handwriting? I sure do!

You know, I do see similarities. I wonder how many people write similar? I wonder how many people can copy other writings too! It doesn't seem to be an exact science.

Gawd, I'd hate to see one of my old year book writings come to surface many years later. I'd sound like a weed-whacked, alcoholic party girl obsessed with sex.. (now I'm a teacher)
I see similarities with the handwriting, however, I'd like to see the word "John" side by side for a comparison.
Can any of you remember where you were 10 years ago without looking at pictures? I have felt that PR and JR have always been the killers, I would have voted for the death penalty. When this news came out (arrest) I shuddered to think I could have voted to put someone to death. It opened my eyes. Now I am very confused.

islanders said:
I have no idea how you could concluded that the author of the ransom note didn’t try to disguise their own identity?

Of course they did. That’s a given.
"JK's handwriting doesn't exactly match, so therefore he must have been disguising his handwriting, and that accounts for all the differences", or

"PR's handwriting doesn't exactly match, so therefore she must have been disguising her handwriting, and that accounts for all the differences"

See what I mean? If either JK or PR's handwriting exactly matched, then nobody would claim the handwriting is disguised. Its like putting the carriage before the horse. Either the handwriting is disguised or it isn't, irrespective of whose writing it does or does not match.

The RN author didn't care if the FBI had 2 1/2 pages of handwriting samples to work with. Go figure.

I think this comes down to the letter "a" ...

The year book entry and the ransom note are completely consistent with one another. Almost no one writes an "a" like that that I know of. I think this is the guy. He may have screwed up a few details about the case, but it was 10 years ago. So who knows.

Personally I see very LITTLE similarity between JK's handwriting and the ransom note.

Secondly, I don't think, even if he DID write the note, that he would be disguising his handwriting - why would there be a reason too?

Thirdly, Patsy would have a reason to disguise hers..........

Keep in mind that Ted Kazinski’s own rantings and ramblings incriminated him.

Otherwise it will be interesting if Karr signed SBTC in other letters.

His ex-wife says he did. She may be very sure of this and be a compelling witness even if there are no letters.

islanders said:
Keep in mind that Ted Kazinski’s own rantings and ramblings incriminated him.

Otherwise it will be interesting if Karr signed SBTC in other letters.

His ex-wife says he did. She may be very sure of this and be a compelling witness even if there are no letters.

I think it would be very difficult for anyone including Karr's ex mother in law to say with out a doubt she read a letter from Karr signed SBTC 22 years ago.

cwiz24 said:
I find it equally as strange that no one can conclusively place him with his family during Christmas.
But is not it odd no one can place him in Boulder either. Not at the party or anywhere

"I cast my vote for Patsy."

Me, too. I believe my own eyes.

"Just bring Patsy Handwritting here and compare them."

I will in a minute!

"There's no question Patsy wrote the ransom note--Her samples are much more similar than Karr's-----On Nancy Grace right now,a handwriting expert just declared that Karr is not the author of the Rn,showing many big differences in individual letters--Over ten handwriting experts have declared Patsy the author of the ransom note"

Right!

Gideon Epstein - Forensic Document Examiner:
"Based on the presently available documents, there are strong indications that Patsy Ramsey is the author of the ransom note."

David S. Liebman - Certified Document Examiner:
"There are far too many similarities and consistencies revealed in the handwriting of Patsy Ramsey and
the ransom note for it to be coincidence. In light of the number of comparisons and similarities between Patsy Ramsey and the ransom note writer (51), the chances of a third party also sharing the same characteristics is astronomical. In my professional opinion Patsy Ramsey is the ransom note writer."

Tom Miller - Attorney, Court Qualified Expert Witness in Questioned Documents:
"Based upon available exemplars compared to the purported "ransom" note in the JonBenét Ramsey murder, the handwriting is probably that of Patsy Ramsey."

Chet Ubowski - Colorado Bureau of Investigation Handwriting Expert:
Chet Ubowski wrote, "This handwriting showed indications that the writer was Patsy Ramsey.''

Cina L. Wong - Certified Document Examiner:
"I have made careful examination and comparison of the 'ransom' note and the exemplars of Patsy Ramsey. I have reached the conclusion that the handwritings and 'ransom' note were very probably written by the same person…it is my professional opinion that Patsy Ramsey very likely wrote the 'ransom' note."

Larry F. Ziegler - Forensic Document Examiner:
"It was determined and is still determined by myself that Patsy Ramsey is the writer of the ransom note."

"did anybody do a side by side w/ patsy?"

Sure did! Here ya are:

http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf

"The 'disguised handwriting' of the JBR ransom note is a myth."

Wrong! Ted Widmer, director and principal instructor of the International School of Handwriting Sciences in San Francisco and author of Crime and Penmanship has stated: "this ransom note was written by a person who was trying to disguise their handwriting."

"I have no idea how you could concluded that the author of the ransom note didn't try to disguise their own identity?"

I can't figure it either. The experts told the police early on it was disguised writing. They didn't "decide" she wrote it and say she disguised it.

I'm sorry, but how about Patsy just being nervous, shaky and exhausted instead of disguising her handwriting.

I'm mean she eludes to being tired when she wrote the note.

"I'm sorry, but how about Patsy just being nervous, shaky and exhausted instead of disguising her handwriting."

Yes, that's what CASKU said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back