Karr wrote the ransom note-my analysis

the 'd's and 'l's are strickenly similar. But there are also lots of similarities in Patsy's writing.

I think Karr’s bizarre connection to the crime (i.e. similar handwriting and S.B.T.C.) are coincidental much in the same respect that Santa (Bill Reynolds) and his wife also had a daughter that was kidnapped and murdered to the day JB was AND Mrs. Reynolds wrote a play about a child that was molested and murdered in her basement. Now what are the odds of that?

In the most bizarre case in the entire history of crimes, nothing is going to shock me anymore.

I still think the Ramsey’s are involved. Pay close attention to John Ramsey.

Thanks for re-posting the side by side compairison of Patsy's handwriting to the ransom note.

Others out there need to see this thread. I'll go round them up ;-)

I'll keep Tricia on her toes.

Patsy wrote the note

I've seen the acandyrose PDF link showing side by sides with Patsy's handwriting.

I wasn't impressed. They spend a lot of time on "connecting letters" similarities that anyone writing with a sharpie could happen do to the bleeding ink or writing with their opposite hand, among other things and similar looking ink blobs that could happen by anybody writing with a sharpie.

It's the look of the letters and the way the letters flow and look together that is important.

They don't show repeated letter and letter combinations that are the same. You know many examples that happen repeatedly in Patsy's handwriting. They come up with a word or letter here and there that could've happened just by chance do to the ink. They don't show unusual repeated slant patterns.

The section concentrating on the letter O was really unimpressive. Some letters just aren't very unique among the population. O being one of them.
Plus they were both made with a sharpie so it's really hard to tell. Is the similarities do to the ink bleeding or what?

Who was the handwriting analyst that put that together?

There are many handwriting experts that don't believe Patsy wrote it.

There are many that think there is a low probability that she wrote it ,but can't rule her out either.

The ransom note is a difficult sample to work with due to it being made with a sharpie. The similarities to Karr happen over and over though. It can't be a coincidence.

I'm convinced by the comparison of the RN and PR's exemplars that PR wrote the RN. The run on of certain letter combinations are nearly exact. These combinations are set in your mind and are different from individual to individual. The fact that so many of these combinations are exact is astronomically impossible to duplicate, like DNA. If I had $1000 I would bet it on PR, and I'm sure that 12 individuals in a jury would come to the same conclusion. The handwriting analysis is devastating.

IMO, MY handwriting could match certain letters in that note if you look at the individual letters certain ways...

Patsy? Karr? Stranger? Who can really say.... except the person who wrote it?

Juliet10 said:
Here is a link I put together of Patsy's handwriting.
It's the best I could come up with. I couldn't find any higher quality scans of her writing. You get a general idea.

http://i8.tinypic.com/25hpjeu.jpg

Thanks for the PR samples. It’ s no wonder she was completely exonerated and not ever charged with the crime. It’s clear to me she didn’t write the letter and the prime suspect who has been arrested, JMK, did.

SuperDave said:
Wrong! Ted Widmer, director and principal instructor of the International School of Handwriting Sciences in San Francisco and author of Crime and Penmanship has stated: "this ransom note was written by a person who was trying to disguise their handwriting."
Let me get this straight. Someone who was worried about their handwriting being detected, and felt they needed to disguise it, went on to write one of the longest ransom notes ever? I don't think so.:laugh:

Face it, the author wasn't worried about leaving 2 1/2 pages of handwriting, so he wasn't worried about disguising it either. The handwriting is jittery and nervous at the beginning, and natural toward the end, IMO.

BTW, the fact that the author was clearly not worried about leaving behind 2 1/2 pages of handwriting for analysis should be a clue: the perp's not in the country, and for that reason knows his handwriting isn't subject to comparison.

"Plus they were both made with a sharpie so it's really hard to tell. Is the similarities do to the ink bleeding or what?"

I don't think so. I think Ubowski said that the bleeding ink made it tough to be certain.

Trust me, a juror who saw that handwriting chart would not be hard-pressed to say she wrote it.

"Who was the handwriting analyst that put that together?"

I'm trying to remember. Names aren't my strong point.

"There are many handwriting experts that don't believe Patsy wrote it."

I have yet to find one.

"There are many that think there is a low probability that she wrote it ,but can't rule her out either."

They were of varying strengths. The ones who put her on low probability were HER experts, and even THEY couldn't clear her. The rest never examined the FULL range of her writing, per Mr. Ubowski.

"It' s no wonder she was completely exonerated and not ever charged with the crime."

She was never exonerated, islanders. In fact, I was listening to Joe Scarborough last week. He said he talked to a lot of cops and attorneys and they all told him, on and off the record, Patsy is still the main focus. I guess they have good reason.

"Let me get this straight. Someone who was worried about their handwriting being detected, and felt they needed to disguise it, went on to write one of the longest ransom notes ever? I don't think so."

I do. Just how clearly do you suppose this person was thinking? I know my brain would be going a million different ways at once.

Does anyone else think it odd that the Ramseys have NEVER released a handwriting report that could clear them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back