Karr's psychological profile on Wendy Hutchen's site...OMG!

I'm not clear on the context of how she spoke with him...? Maybe she is a therapist by profession...but not his therapist, in this case, just working as an informer. I also know a few (not many!) people who aren't therapists who have the knowledge and background to write a psych profile that I would be willing to give some weight.

Actually, the way this is worded, I feel, if he is quoted accurately, that JMK has perhaps in more lucid moments developed a fairly accurate psych profile of himself--with some major blind spots of course!!--and more or less just shared it with her.

I was struck more by the content...was not, as I read it, thinking too much about the ethics or the legal ramifications, I admit...

Tybee, it was someone recent, like within the last year. The psychiartist was a state witness. That is why it was such a shocker- the state paid his fee, then he got pay for his interviews.

Buzzm1 said:
Wendy Hutchens is a Richard Allan Davis (murderer of Polly Klaas, now in San Quentin) advocate, and that is why John Mark Karr got in touch with her, as he had an interest in Richard Allan Davis too.
In what sense is she an "advocate" for RAD, Buzzm1? (I'm not familiar with this.) Saying he is innocent, or what? Her role with that could certainly affect how to view this.

Thanks guys for helping make this document readable.

It worked for me. I saved it to my desktop and then opened it. Voila! I did have to adjust my glasses and get up close, but at least was able to read it.

I suppose we will have many threads on his mental state, but what does he have - a psychosis? He obviously knows the difference between right and wrong, and so he doesn't need to be on meds and in a hospital, right? From the way Jaime talked, I think he will understand the court process, which is what I think they use to determine if he can stand trial, right?

Just thinking ahead in the event they charge him.

I was gone for a while today, and really appreciate all these informative and interesting posts to come home to tonight. :hand:

Good to see you here too, Southerngirl! ;)

Scandi

Isn't she the one who is selling her journal on e-bay? She's aiming to cash in....big time.

Basically I think he is like Duncan (notice how much of the rethoric is the same?). Deluded but no delusions. He knows that society and laws make it wrong. But he believes that everybody else is wrong and he is right.
Legally? In the document Hutchens put online, he seems to have expressed that he knew the laws and society would disagree. I don't think that legally he will be found insane.
Has anyone else heard the old saying: Neurotics build castles in the air, but psychotics move in? He is more neurotic.

scandi said:
I suppose we will have many threads on his mental state, but what does he have - a psychosis? He obviously knows the difference between right and wrong, and so he doesn't need to be on meds and in a hospital, right? From the way Jaime talked, I think he will understand the court process, which is what I think they use to determine if he can stand trial, right?
I don't believe Karr could be ruled insane. I believe he is delusional in respects...but he's choosing to be delusional.
Otherwise...he's a functional person.

He specifically wants 2nd degree murder, I believe. He simply doesn't believe he's a real murderer (in his fantasy).

Yes, good assesments Sleuthing and Mysteriew.

I think I remembered the case you are talking about Mysteriew. It's late and names always elude me anyway LOL but the little girl who was taken out of her home and put in the next door neighbors trailer. Damian and Brenda VanDam.

Is this the case?

Scandi

Maybe, but I am not sure. I didn't follow that one, which is why I am thinking it wasn't that one. I think it was in the trials forum. The shrink went on one of the national bigtime news programs.

If you go to view at the top of your browsers you might be able to magnify it that way, thats how I did it..

ok...one question

Who is alyssa and why was she sending pictures of her

mentiond on page 4 at the botton
sun 3/25 11:17pm Alyssa

and again

on page 6 something about pics

I hope it isn't her kid or anything..

Linda7NJ said:
She has more than 20 hours of documented and taped conversations with the guy.......who knows how long they were communicating before she freaked and contacted LE? I find her to be credible
I agree.Saw larry King about 10 mins ago and but could not help wondering about her motives. Not really sure why she was so keen to contact Polly Kass's killer. I do not give psychological evaluation much credibility because we do not know who wrote it and it is speculative if they have not met Karr.This is all getting wierder by the hour. I think they have the man. Just feels right to me.it is all fitting together only thing wrong is whether he was in Boulder or not. I think they already have his unofficial DNA and it matches the undies, the fingernails or something else we do not know about.

Not sure yet about what to think of Wendy H., but that psychological profile was riveting and intriguing. Some of the points rung true to me about him and I am painfully aware of the types of psychological "hits" a person takes very early in life from the contact with mom or dad or anybody else nearby who's a caregiver. The imprinting is profound and lasts forever. Sometimes, with loads of psych counselling, the patient can be shown where the unusual beliefs come from and slowly transfer their own guilt back upon that person truly responsible, but I think this is a slow, long, hard road that is not often terribly successful. When it is, the person can change a great deal and be mostly free of the terrible things that rule living and thinking.

If the information concerning Karr and his mother is correct, this profile gives wonderful insight into what "grows" this type of person into puberty and adulthood. I'm thinking this "insanity" increases with time and probably takes a big leap around middle age. Just my opinion.

Anyone else have some opinions about the profile? Oh, yes, I also want to know WHO made the profile and what their credentials are. Oh, yea!!!:eek:

mindi77 said:
If you go to view at the top of your browsers you might be able to magnify it that way, thats how I did it..

ok...one question

Who is alyssa and why was she sending pictures of her

mentiond on page 4 at the botton
sun 3/25 11:17pm Alyssa

and again

on page 6 something about pics

I hope it isn't her kid or anything..
That's what I was wondering. But I couldn't tell if he sent the pics or if she sent them to him. And are these the same 5 or 6 photos they found in order to charge him with the misdemeanors?

And who DID write the psychological profile? And I also thought that his mother was committed to a mental institution shortly after she tried to set him on fire?

kazzbar said:
I agree.Saw larry King about 10 mins ago and but could not help wondering about her motives. Not really sure why she was so keen to contact Polly Kass's killer. I do not give psychological evaluation much credibility because we do not know who wrote it and it is speculative if they have not met Karr.This is all getting wierder by the hour. I think they have the man. Just feels right to me.it is all fitting together only thing wrong is whether he was in Boulder or not. I think they already have his unofficial DNA and it matches the undies, the fingernails or something else we do not know about.
She stated that she did meet Karr after they communicated by phone and email, and was surprised that he looked like such a nice normal young man, not like a monster.

I too believe they already matched the dna, the case is secured and it will all come out before long. There is no way this is just a stunt or a mistake. Too much of it fits perfectly, even with long ago theories of the intruder lying in wait for the Ramseys to return from the party. We just did not have the details. In recent quotes of his he said he wanted to give closure to everyone. He's wanted to confess so much that he just kept on talking about it to Wendy, to Tracey and finally the police believed his talking.

Here is what stood out to me in what are said to be his words. He 'loves' girls. Girls 'want' sex. There is nothing wrong with adult male/girl sex. And I also noted that he said that laws needed to be changed. Those things weren't new to me. I have seen them before.

They were there in Duncan's blog, Lindsey Ashford's website and other blogs and sites I have seen the last few months. Also in the words of the 'pagan priest' Phillip Diastro during his court case in Ohio. More and more they are using the same words and saying the same things. Some of you may have been to PJ and read what they are saying to what they believe are kids, and it is horrendous. But what they are saying to each other is much, much worse.

I don't know how many remember what it was like before gays came out. But people who were gay, kept it a secret. I guess they had some way of letting each other know, but still it was a secret. Then they started organizing. Then parades and speeches. They ran for public office, and won. Then they started coming 'out'.

This is now happening in the pedophile world. Most still aren't using their real names yet. But they are outting themselves never the less. And they are talking and organizing. They are trying to get public office. They are saying "I am a doctor, a police officer, a nurse, a teacher. They are telling themselves and each other they have the 'right' to have sex with little kids. That little boys and little girls "want" to have sex with them. That parents who try to stop it are acting against the interests of the child. They are saying they "love" kids. They call themselves boy lovers or girl lovers and anyone who tries to argue against them are "antis". In Holland this year a self avowed pedophile ran for public office. He didn't win. But they are trying. And I believe some of them who aren't outed yet, may actually be in or has been in office. Some may remember the senator or something a few years back who paid a mother to have sex with her daughter and her niece.

The current campaign is to do away with the 'age of consent' (some talk about 'lowering' the age of consent, but they mean the same thing). We live in dangerous times. The gays eventually won some respect and a measure of protection. And that is what the pedos are trying.

mysteriew said:
Basically I think he is like Duncan (notice how much of the rethoric is the same?). Deluded but no delusions. He knows that society and laws make it wrong. But he believes that everybody else is wrong and he is right.
Legally? In the document Hutchens put online, he seems to have expressed that he knew the laws and society would disagree. I don't think that legally he will be found insane.
Has anyone else heard the old saying: Neurotics build castles in the air, but psychotics move in? He is more neurotic.
I have to disagree with that. If anyone is psychotic it's him. I would say he was a sociopath. A psychologist on Larry King today after hearing the tapes said that Karr doesn't even know how to connect with people, and doesn't seem to know the difference between live and dead people. The children he "loves" and molests are objects to him. He had no family ties; he had no life. So this is a deep psychosis. He created some kind of life for himself (itinerant teacher) but no real relationships with anyone.

Respectfully, Karr has said he knows he killed her. Karr has allegedly said that he knows there are laws against sex with children. At this point we aren't hearing anything like hallucinations or talking with God, his dead mother or JBR. He seems to have a firm grip on reality. But he believes that sex with kids is "natural". If that makes him psychotic, there there are a whole bunch of psychotic men and some psychotic women out there. And they are working in educated jobs like hospitals and attorney's offices and schools.

mysteriew said:
Respectfully, Karr has said he knows he killed her. Karr has allegedly said that he knows there are laws against sex with children. At this point we aren't hearing anything like hallucinations or talking with God, his dead mother or JBR. He seems to have a firm grip on reality. But he believes that sex with kids is "natural". If that makes him psychotic, there there are a whole bunch of psychotic men and some psychotic women out there. And they are working in educated jobs like hospitals and attorney's offices and schools.
This is where the psych labels get tricky.
He's apparently not schizophrenic, hearing voices, institutionalized over and over, etc.
He doesn't appear to think and act like he's Napoleon or anything so clearly psychotic.
He's been able to harbor all his abnormal ideas, while doing his best to act like the people around him. He's looked for very young, moldable girls to marry, so he could basically brainwash them into agreeing with his abnormal ideas - so he can have at least one partner that validates his ideas, lessening any inner fear he has that he may be crazy. He's split - he's learned how to act in the world, but inside he keeps all the things he believes are the "real" truth.
I don't know that all pedophiles have the same wacky ideas to the same degree. I imagine that's impacted by how bad their own abuse experiences were and how old they were when it happened and how long it lasted, etc.
His ideas have definitely interferred with his ability to keep a job and maintain a stable relationship, which is one way to identify the degree of mental instability or mental illness.
If he is only imagining that he is the killer, then he basically has crossed over into thinking he's Napoleon - he just chose a different person to become.
With this personality, there's also a scary attention to detail - remember how he took his DeLorean apart and put it back together, and how everybody says how smart he is?
That concerns me with the careful entry and clean up of the crime scene and that nasty "garotte" thing -
A&E was suggesting in their "Evil" segment last night that Dahmer was considered "mild-mannered" by people who knew him -- maybe this little skinny guy is dangerous...

southerngirl said:
It explains why he named his 3rd son Seven; it's his favorite little girl age.

There are 3 pages to this profile; make sure you read all three.

While in this case, I do think that the name Seven came from Karr's preferred ages for litte girls, in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus, the name Seven (usually spelled Sevan) is quite common.

Just wanted to make clear....this was not written by a therapist.

The format of the document is all wrong, and professional psychologists or counselors never use the word "me" in a report. You would say, "The client told this therapist, or this psychologist" etc. You would also never have anything crossed out or added without the date and the signature of the counselor verifying the correction. Alot of other things are wrong too, but wanted to make the point.

Just dont want people to put more faith in this than it deserves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back