KC's Anniversary Reaction

She's a psychopath. She deliberately murdered her baby. Victims suffer trauma- she is not a victim of anything. She had no feelings for her child, not one iota. She didn't care at all and killed her and discarded her like so much trash. IMO, she's not losing any sleep whatsoever over murdering Caylee. And if any behaviour has changed, I attribute it all to histrionics and high drama- common to the A way of life and part of a sociopath's arsenal. It's just another way to manipulate.

I heard the same thing on Nancy Grace and have to admit that my first thought is that Caylee might be haunting her. Many people don't believe in that sort of thing, I know, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Caylee might have a few things to say to Mama!

It would certainly make someone like KC freak out.

~*

If we can assume that the unconscious mind is vast and capable of forms of communication which science still doesn't fully explain, perhaps a plausible
explanation of a "haunting" is a form of unconscious communication with the lost loved-one (in this case, Caylee!).

Another explanation of a "haunting" is the reliving (known as revivification by psychiatrists) of the traumatic event where the mind and respective
sensory mechanisms (sight, smell, sound, etc.) are especially acute. (In my own experience, the anniversary reaction used to be "triggered" by the
sights, sounds, smells, flowers and other plants, weather and general atmosphere of the time of year.) Of course, KC is locked up, but the mind remembers!

Interesting Topic Verite. but I should point out Caylee was seen by third parties on 6/15, so I think your dates might need some tweaking. We have photographic evidence as well.

I know, J Bean, but I'm still suspect about those dates on the video--which I held valid until I learned that there was another event (birthday) on the
weekend prior to Father's Day which might have been the purpose for the celebration and visit to Mt. Dora. A birthday (for me) trumps Father's Day
in terms of honoring a parent.

Even if 6/15 is the last date the child was actually seen, that doesn't mean that an anniversary reaction couldn't commence a week earlier, and even
last for the entire month or longer, particularly on the occasion of the one-year anniversary when it is usually experienced most profoundly.

Sounds like an acknowledgment of guilt to me. Whether it is calculated to garner sympathy, the acting out of her subconscious, or (entertaining the remote possibility) out of genuine remorse, I am not sure. I suspect that if it is the former we can expect the slow evolution of an accidental death defense.

All of the above could be operating in an authentic "anniversary reaction," except the part about her trying to garner sympathy. Usually folks in the
throes of an anniversary reaction are suffering so acutely that they're not trying to buy sympathy. They'd rather the darn reaction subside.

I agree.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, natural or human-caused disasters, accidents, or military combat.

Defense could use this - a result of the traumatic event and assault when ZG took Caylee from her at JBP AND she was threatened and her family was threatened

Correct, PTSD is generally considered precipitated by an event which is beyond the realm of normal, usual human experience. So, the prosecution
could say that to premeditate and perpetrate a homicide of one's own child, to include improper burial (and perhaps removal one or more times before
final "burial") is beyond the range of usual, normal human experience.

But, I'm not saying that KC has a diagnosis of "PTSD;" rather, that she may be experiencing a type of anniversary reaction which can occur without
one carrying that diagnosis. Also, a PTSD diagnosis is not consistent with psychosis, so a NGBRoI defense wouldn't fly, even if she carries that diagnosis.

I have no independent authority to confirm KC's behavior as reported on NG, and even suggested on another thread that if jail personnel observe any
such conduct, they'd likely hear "cruel/unusual" accusations from JB even if they only documented such behavior in a daily log/progress notes.

I am unsure as to why you think Caylee's disappearance happened on 6/9/08 or 6/10/08? She was seen with Cindy on 6/15/08.

Probably previously discussed, but would love to know your theory on those dates.

Yes, I've discussed it elsewhere several times and very briefly on the Random Thoughts thread. I'll be glad to discuss it here once I get approval that it's not off-topic, etc.
Thanks for your interest.

Verité;3863118 said:
I know, J Bean, but I'm still suspect about those dates on the video--which I held valid until I learned that there was another event (birthday) on the
weekend prior to Father's Day which might have been the purpose for the celebration and visit to Mt. Dora. A birthday (for me) trumps Father's Day

Even if 6/15 is the last date the child was actually seen, that doesn't mean that an anniversary reaction couldn't commence a week earlier, and even
last for the entire month or longer, particularly on the occasion of the one-year anniversary when it is usually experienced most profoundly.
Isn't it hard to believe that CA didn't know the exact dates that she didn't see Caylee? She initially said June 8th or 9th as the last day that she saw her and KC wrote June 9th as the day that Caylee went missing on her initial statement. Then they saw the video and realized it was June 15th. "I haven't seen my daughter in 31 days" doesn't add up to June 9th or June 15th but would be closer to June 15th.

The nursing home had a log that CA signed when she went to visit her Dad and I think that she checked back on that and saw that she and Caylee were visiting her Dad on June 15th. So I would go by the nursing home log as to the date Caylee was last seen.

I hope KC is being haunted by this time of the year. She should have a little human in her. I doubt if she would start faking insanity now. It's a little too late for that. She probably gets off everyday thinking that she will get away with murder and be back on the streets, partying and using people for her pleasure. She's just biding her time and probably crushing on a security guard or two. That's my guess.

Verité;3863146 said:
Yes, I've discussed it elsewhere several times and very briefly on the Random Thoughts thread. I'll be glad to discuss it here once I get approval that it's not off-topic, etc.
Thanks for your interest.

It would be off topic in this thread to discuss your theory. You can take it to the theory thread ....

My sister lost a 4 month old baby girl in 1996 due to open heart surgery complications, still to this day she is "not herself" on the birthday or the day she passed.
My sis has always been a very happy go lucky person, however, during these two times of the year she is more depressed, quiet, you get the picture.

She thinks she has accepted the death of her little girl, but, we as a family don't believe so. She will try to hide her emotions during this time, but, we as a family see right through them. She is short with everyone, or totally the opposite, and doesn't hardly talk at all, like she doesn't even have any emotions at all. Yes, she needs counseling, but, won't go. She went on to have 3 healthy children, and her marriage is strong.

She has nightmares, etc. I believe she feels guilty for putting her baby through surgeries, etc., but, they were the only chance she had for survival.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that Yes, reaction anniversaries are real, consciously or unconsciously and I believe that it is very hard for a person to hide them. Just adding my two cents I guess!!!!lol:)

I agree. I have heard of this too many times to count, and cases where people were hospitalized and didn't know it was the anniversary of a significant trauma until later.

I have personally experienced it myself, once when I was aware of the date and once when I didn't realize until I saw the hospital bill. It is well known among grief counselors.

I also know that the days leading up to the anniversary are often worse than the actual day as far as stress goes. Sometimes the worry about how bad it will be is much more difficult than the actual day.
I don't know if Casey is faking or who is sharing this info, but none of this would surprise me. She would have to be inhuman not to be feeling some degree of panic by now.

EXACTLY!!! I totally concur; while often times something may happen on the day of the anniversary the stress can begin prior and linger, and the way I have seen it is, about a 30 day span... Starting before and lingering on after the anniversary date.

I actually have also seen; for people who have had very difficult birth traumas to start getting stressed
30 days prior to their BD.

The body is a blue print that remembers all time, and all space even when the mind may have suppressed it on a conscious level.

I too have heard and read much about the potential of June 9th as a real date of CAYLEES demise. and because CAYLEE seems to have gone to see her great Grandpa on Fathers day as CINDY says (who lies a lot) we all have been thinking that June 15-16 as a date that Caylee went missing. Many believe the date Caylee died was June 24th. THAT would put us in that 30 day range where KC would be stressing, having night sweats, dreams, or eating unusually.

I personally do not have an exact date in mind for when CAYLEE died because of so many lies by all the Anthony's.
But I would have to say that since KC has been viewed as stressing in the past few days, I would totally contribute it to Caylees demise.

Maybe the 9/10 is a date that the fiasco had begun. I don't know but maybe that was when the family started fighting more, due to discovery of bad photos of KC, stealing, questioning her, threatening her, maybe questioning Caylee who can now talk...hmmmm or whatever. I do not know because I do not keep a time line record (as important as it is to the case). But I know it is now withing those 30 crucial days.

RIP CAYLEE :blowkiss:

Verité;3863118 said:
snipped for emphasis

I totally agree verite. While 6/15 is the last day seen, i agree this phenomenon could occur any time close to the date. fascinating topic.

Great job with your prediction!

Even if Casey is faking it it wouldn't give her an "in" to an insanity defense.
If she's faking it for this reason she might as well stop now and save herself some good sleeping time.. Cuz it ain't gonna do no good!

I do not think she can fake night sweats, or night mares, but hay with KC one never knows!

I think this is a very interesting theory to explain her nightmares. NG thought it was the beginning of an insanity plea. I think this is more plausible because I don't see her EVER admitting she killed Caylee.
Not to be rude, really...But I do not buy everything NG says. Not at all. I like that NG is willing to ask the questions and rarely dances around a topic. But sometimes I think she adds fuel to start a fire going.

While I do believe that KC should have leaned on the insanity plea from the start and I even opened a thread to that effect because she is not a balanced person at all;
I think KC will proceed pretending that she is very sane and does not know what happened, and talk us in circles...

I do not believe KC faked her nightmares. I believe that this is just something she Can Not lie about.
IT is happening, she is stressing right now around the anniversary time.

i hope every time come this year kc continues with the nightmares the nightsweats the sleep deprevation. what she did to caylee is unforgivable and i hope and pray that she sees everynight when she lays in her cell what she did to her. i want it to haunt her for the rest of her miserable life.

GOOD POST :clap:

Verité;3863113 said:
If we can assume that the unconscious mind is vast and capable of forms of communication which science still doesn't fully explain, perhaps a plausible
explanation of a "haunting" is a form of unconscious communication with the lost loved-one (in this case, Caylee!).

Another explanation of a "haunting" is the reliving (known as revivification by psychiatrists) of the traumatic event where the mind and respective
sensory mechanisms (sight, smell, sound, etc.) are especially acute. (In my own experience, the anniversary reaction used to be "triggered" by the
sights, sounds, smells, flowers and other plants, weather and general atmosphere of the time of year.) Of course, KC is locked up, but the mind remembers!

ITA - Great post :clap:

NG was saying she thinks his might be the ground work for an insanity defense. I think she is wrong. I think if anything it actually reinforces that KC is in fact sane. She is obviously having a PTSD type reaction on or near the anniversary of the death of her daughter. On or near the date she died... NOT when she was publicly known and confirmed to be dead.

This could be viewed as a perfectly normal state to be in for someone who lived through the childs death and the horrors of her disposal.

Verité;3863118 said:

Some also think the strangulation fight between Cindy and KC happened on the 8th or 9th of June. It could be that was the point where she decided to act on her thoughts and started planning the murder for the following week.

Not to be rude, really...But I do not buy everything NG says. Not at all. I like that NG is willing to ask the questions and rarely dances around a topic. But sometimes I think she adds fuel to start a fire going.

While I do believe that KC should have leaned on the insanity plea from the start and I even opened a thread to that effect because she is not a balanced person at all;
I think KC will proceed pretending that she is very sane and does not know what happened, and talk us in circles...

I do not believe KC faked her nightmares. I believe that this is just something she Can Not lie about.
IT is happening, she is stressing right now around the anniversary time.

You aren't being rude at all! Reports on NG are not always accurate. When I see that happening, my poor TV gets the brunt of my yelling. LOL! :banghead:

My father died a violent death more than 30 Years ago and every time the month of February rolls around I experience depression, and vivid nightmares around that time...still to this day.
I can't imagine how much more amplified this phenomenon would be in someone who murdered their own child, sitting in jail awaiting trial, with the world watching..one might think that is a heavy load laying on one's mind, messing with the subconsciousness, big time.
Tho Casey may think she is the master of her domain and in complete control, but the sub-mind has a mind of it's own, so to speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back