Kidnapping Charges

Amazing to me that now the charges are kidnapping. So they kidnapped her, where did it go from there?

IIRC, the information on all that was a lot of circumstantial evidence. Where did they take her and when and where did they release her?

The state cannot get a conviction if they don't know the answers to those questions.

My opinions only.

The charges always included kidnapping. Now that's all that's left in terms of state criminal charges.

Amazing to me that now the charges are kidnapping. So they kidnapped her, where did it go from there?

IIRC, the information on all that was a lot of circumstantial evidence. Where did they take her and when and where did they release her?

The state cannot get a conviction if they don't know the answers to those questions.

My opinions only.

It does seem curious that the kidnapping charge still stands, but they can bring back the murder charges, without risking double jeopardy. As far as the evidence being all circumstantial, what do we know about the entirety of the evidence? The evidence revealed was not in a trial. It was in a hearing. What that evidence showed imo is motive and opportunity. Jealous spouse-Payphone-call to friend (not expected by the accused)-video evidence-further phone calls connecting accused as last contact to victim-accused lied to police about contact with victim. I feel what is out there is a strong narrative. I think the state feels strongly about the case, as many in the community do. As to what you said, "what did they do with her/where is she?" I do understand the question. The answer may simply be at the end of the day, can they get a conviction on the kidnapping charge? If not, they then know that they certainly need more evidence for any forthcoming murder charges. Is the reason that they dropped the murder charge that they don't have a body or DNA? You hear a lot about that from comments by a lot of people on the internet. I think we will just have to see if this finally goes to trial this year to know what additional evidence they have.

To summarize her statements for those who may not be able to read:

- Bri purposely kept from saying anything because everything posted gets attacked.
- Don't be a hater towards anyone.
- Don't be calling anyone ugly names, on either side.
- Bri just wants answers as to what happened to Heather; she misses her best friend.
- Bri's life has changed a lot, birth of son, engagement, etc.
- People on social media and forums are spewing hatred towards everyone involved on every side, every day, & that needs to stop.

That's about it.

I do not believe in all of the hate, threats, and harsh words that have been spoken to not just myself and Heather's friends and family but also the Moorer family; this is why I have not really spoken. I don't think it is okay to speak ill on someone's children or bad mouth someone's parent who has since passed away.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/1...ues-statement/

Bri seems like a wise young woman.

She's more mature at her age than some other people nearly twice her age, that's what stands out to me in her comments.

Sidney is being tried for kidnapping on June 20th. Did Tammy get her own trial date yet, since they are being tried separately now? Wonder why that changed?

This is what SM said to My Horry News in an article titled Sidney Moorer discusses dropped murder charges in Heather Elvis case

“They’ve said all along that they didn’t have a case,” Moorer said. “I don’t understand why the other charges are still pending. But we’re hoping they’ll go away in June.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66a45e08-ec4c-11e5-ba27-4b52f536baa9.html

Wow big news, huh? Why don't they ask him about all of the raving social media posts him and the misses have been posting? This is the paper that posts the gag order should be lifted. This is the paper that always tries to be out front with any news on this case. And as usual they have a whole lot of non news worthy tripe from SM. Does anybody think this article was a waste of ink besides me? Sorry I just find this so sickening, rant over.

This is what SM said to My Horry News in an article titled Sidney Moorer discusses dropped murder charges in Heather Elvis case

“They’ve said all along that they didn’t have a case,” Moorer said. “I don’t understand why the other charges are still pending. But we’re hoping they’ll go away in June.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66a45e08-ec4c-11e5-ba27-4b52f536baa9.html

Wow big news, huh? Why don't they ask him about all of the raving social media posts him and the misses have been posting? This is the paper that posts the gag order should be lifted. This is the paper that always tries to be out front with any news on this case. And as usual they have a whole lot of non news worthy tripe from SM. Does anybody think this article was a waste of ink besides me? Sorry I just find this so sickening, rant over.

MyHorryNews tries to portray themselves to be out front with the news on this case, but I (personally) believe that everything they've published about this case has been "leaked" by the Ms themselves or by one of their family members. Or possibly by someone who has close ties to their family. Or maybe even someone who is connected to one of the law offices representing them. I just don't see any other explanation for how they were able to obtain photographs of the search warrant or the evidence logs... especially with a gag order in place.

They don't release any info that might paint the Ms in a negative light either... they can't burn those bridges, ya know.

But that's just MOO.

From the article:
"At a bond hearing in January of last year, the solicitor’s office told Circuit Judge Markley Dennis that there was no actual evidence against the Moorers for murder."

Really?

No, the Solicitor said there is no "direct evidence".

You'd think the news could get a direct quote right, but perhaps they're too busy giving the M's a platform. :rolleyes:

From the article:
"At a bond hearing in January of last year, the solicitor’s office told Circuit Judge Markley Dennis that there was no actual evidence against the Moorers for murder."

Really?

You'd think the news could get a direct quote right, but perhaps they're too busy giving the M's a platform. :rolleyes:

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

From the article:

Really?

Thank you 100x! Yes, that was my reaction too.

Since the last 2 threads were closed down, where do we go about the upcoming hearings?

Since the last 2 threads were closed down, where do we go about the upcoming hearings?

Upcoming hearings will probably have their own thread. This is a good spot to talk about the current kidnapping charges. I haven't been in this thread before.

I was glad and happy to see both of the Moorer's appear to be crying at the pretrial hearing. Guess THAT is one thing that didn't go as they ordered, oops, meant to say wanted to happen. I think they expected the state's witness to be excluded from showing his opinions and evidence. Makes me think the judge had a Come To Jesus meeting with someone....

Timeline surrounding the kidnapping charges:

Wednesday, December 18, 2013:
~1:30 -1:35 am – SS dropped Heather off at her apartment, said she didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset
1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone & lasts 4.83 minutes
1:44 am – From her apartment, Heather called her roommate BW, who was in Florida, and spoke for 2.2 minutes; was crying and upset after the call from SM because she was trying to get her life back together after her affair with him and harassment by TM.
1:53 – 2:09 am – 10 posts are made to HE’s Tumblr account Ten posts
2:29am: Heather tried to call SM back at the pay phone number several times, but no one answered
3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer
3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; (Phone pings place HE’s phone at her house & SM’s phone at his house)
~3:21 am – HE drives to Peachtree Landing @ 6699 State Rd S-26-611
3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing
3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer
3:39am: A security camera at a business 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing
3:41am: All data and GPS signals ended on Heather's phone
3:45am: The security camera at the same business location recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing
3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home
3:47 am – Suspicious activity/car report is made @ Atalaya Place, Myrtle Beach SC

In interviews with LE, the Ms claimed that they had sexual relations in their vehicle in different areas of Myrtle Beach during the early hours of the morning Heather disappeared

The Ms made a withdrawal of $5,000. [video=twitter;445629538278862849]https://twitter.com/marshall_staton/status/445629538278862849[/video]

BBM

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

4:18 pm – purchase made at Kangaroo Express @ 1929 10th Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC (receipt was found in HE’s car)

1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone at Kangaroo Express @ 1929 10th Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC & lasts 4 minutes

From the original police report:

I had Horry County Dispatch to check with local hospitals and jails, in hopes of locating the victim. I learned that the victim had been a patient at Conway Hospital on December 17th, she was admitted to the hospital at 1504 hours (3:04PM) and was released at 1812 hours (5:12PM).

BUT this…

Elvis did not go to Conway Medical Center as the incident report originally states. Investigators have since learned that Heather Elvis was a different person with the same name, Squires said.

From MSM:

http://wbtw.com/2014/02/21/horry-county-couple-in-court-for-kidnapping

According to arrest warrants, the Tammy's indecent exposure charges stem from an incident at Broadway at the Beach. The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, she indecently exposed herself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach. The second exposure charge is from between December 17th and 18th at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway.

His indecent exposure charges come from an incident between December 17th and 18th near Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway. The arrest warrants state Sidney "willfully, maliciously, and indecently exposed his person in a public place, on property of others, or in the view of someone on the street or highway." The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, he also indecently exposed himself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach.

Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway is directly adjacent to the Conway Medical Center. Google map

Since the latest hearing on the kidnapping charge which Tam and Sid both thought that the charge of kidnapping would be dismissed, but instead found out that poor ole Sid could be looking at a very long prison sentence. Anyway, since they were both let out on bond they have both been saying and doing awful hurtful things on Social Media sites about Heather, her family, LE, their attorneys and the latest all of those posters, including one of Heather. Now, I am one that is not familiar with the law or how it works, but, why haven`t those 2 been put back in jail for doing that kind of stuff. Is Sid still working, or are they living back in Horry County? It has been nothing but a circus since they were let out on bond. They belong back in jail especially if they did break the gag order. Tammy didn`t even respect the judge who is the one who gave them their freedom by not standing whenever he entered the courtroom. I know that the judge was impressed with how Mr. Fredericks presented himself and I think that is what made his mind up to allow his testimony. I would just love to see these 2 be put back in jail until all the hearings are put into place and they have a trial for kidnapping. I for one am getting sick of Tammy`s sick, twisted rantings and Sid just as well. Do us a favor by giving them 2 some orange jumpsuits with bars to look out. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back