Kidnapping Charges

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article75009952.html

The number of juror summons and questionnaires that will be mailed out Monday to possible Horry County jurors is way above the average. Coverage of Elvis’ December 2013 disappearance reached the national level and has been on websites, social media, television and radio since then.

Typically, around 150 summons and questionnaires are sent out, but for the trial of Sidney Moorer charged with kidnapping and obstruction of justice in the December 2013 disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis, 800 summons and questionnaires will be sent out, officials said.

“It’s extra to make sure we can get a group that hasn’t heard about the case,” Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.

Really, really, really thankful that I live 2 miles outside of Horry County.

So, I'm starting to see some light with the whole gag order situation.

Could it be in place to amplify the noise coming from the M's? Hmmmm... :thinking:

So, I'm starting to see some light with the whole gag order situation.

Could it be in place to amplify the noise coming from the M's? Hmmmm... :thinking:

If no gag order was in place, the noise would be even louder. IMO

The accused latest rant on social media is aimed at the solicitor. Apparently, he has been told if he keeps it up, he may be arrested for violating the gag order and face jail time. So what is his solution? To go on a rant on FB daring the solicitor to do it. I honestly can't imagine what their attorney's are thinking at this moment.

One other thing I noticed in his "interview" he recently did. He mentions that he and Heather had been seeing for a little while, but that it wasn't a "heavy" relationship. She talked a little bit about her home life etc, according to him. So are we to believe THIS story? Or the one he(or she) tried to pass off a few weeks ago that she was simply a prostitute performing favors for latte's.

What an idiot. Can't keep his lies straight.

The accused latest rant on social media is aimed at the solicitor. Apparently, he has been told if he keeps it up, he may be arrested for violating the gag order and face jail time. So what is his solution? To go on a rant on FB daring the solicitor to do it. I honestly can't imagine what their attorney's are thinking at this moment.

One other thing I noticed in his "interview" he recently did. He mentions that he and Heather had been seeing for a little while, but that it wasn't a "heavy" relationship. She talked a little bit about her home life etc, according to him. So are we to believe THIS story? Or the one he(or she) tried to pass off a few weeks ago that she was simply a prostitute performing favors for latte's.

I think we have to remember that TM is likely the author of all the social media theater of the M's and she establishes their narrative. This doesn't improve the character of SM or relieve him of any responsibility since he's a willing spokesperson and accomplice, but everything coming out of the M home and social media pages is TM designed and approved. Obviously, she's not very good at PR.

What I find fascinating about this most recent bellowing is that SM claimed out of one side of his mouth that Heather ran off, then out of the other side came a reference to this "horrible" crime. If she simply ran away from her life, what's the horrible crime?

Narrative creation is just not TM's calling in life.

I think we have to remember that TM is likely the author of all the social media theater of the M's and she establishes their narrative. This doesn't improve the character of SM or relieve him of any responsibility since he's a willing spokesperson and accomplice, but everything coming out of the M home and social media pages is TM designed and approved. Obviously, she's not very good at PR.

What I find fascinating about this most recent bellowing is that SM claimed out of one side of his mouth that Heather ran off, then out of the other side came a reference to this "horrible" crime. If she simply ran away from her life, what's the horrible crime?

Narrative creation is just not TM's calling in life.

Yes!

This is the gotcha when SM made those statements in his impromptu interview after the hearing. By him acknowledging that Heather was kidnapped and murdered he can no longer claim she ran away. It narrows the story the defense can tell during the trial, and it's a tactical advantage inadvertently handed to the state. Hopefully the state was smart enough to listen to SM's comments and realize the gold nugget he handed them.

Yes!

This is the gotcha when SM made those statements in his impromptu interview after the hearing. By him acknowledging that Heather was kidnapped and murdered he can no longer claim she ran away. It narrows the story the defense can tell during the trial, and it's a tactical advantage inadvertently handed to the state. Hopefully the state was smart enough to listen to SM's comments and realize the gold nugget he handed them.

Yes, he just keeps spewing all over the place. New "exclusive" interview with WMBF on Wed. at 6 and 11 PM. In one of the interviews he says no way in hell he can get a fair trial in Horry county. So he just keeps giving more interviews contradicting most things he says in the last? Not to mention all the contradictions the family has given to the media already.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/31851962/one-on-one-with-sidney-moorer?clienttype=generic

A WS member would never make it onto a jury in any case in which they were aware of or followed. A keen interest in true crime (and frankly for many, they practice the art of "speculating") would send that potential juror right out the courtroom doors. Now, if it was for a case that wasn't one the member heard of or followed in any way... maybe they would still be selected.

Thank you for this. The questionaire seems pretty comprehensive, but I'm at a loss for the basis to question 39, relating to Socastee High School. Did I miss, or perhaps forget, something in the case that's related to the school?
Just a guess but it's probably only related to the case because TM and/or Heather attended school there. They just want to eliminate people with any connection to the victim or the accused.

Just a guess but it's probably only related to the case because TM and/or Heather attended school there. They just want to eliminate people with any connection to the victim or the accused.
Thank you, but questions 36, 37 and 38 directly addresses knowing or hearing or either SM, TM, HE and their family members, while question 39 solicits information to establish any connection in any capacity to the school.

Yes please shut Sidney up and put him out of OUR misery. tears.PNG

Thank you for this. The questionaire seems pretty comprehensive, but I'm at a loss for the basis to question 39, relating to Socastee High School. Did I miss, or perhaps forget, something in the case that's related to the school?

Heather's sister graduated from Socastee High School last year and was Miss Socastee 2015. The school has also been really involved with fund raising and awareness.

My parents live in the neighborhood right across the street from the school. They've had a very large "MISSING" banner on display in front of the school ever since she was reported missing and it's still up there today.

Two other possible reasons:

1. TM graduated from SHS, as well. I imagine that her friends and family did too.

2. The school is located only 3 miles away from Peachtree Landing.

I don't think this should pose too much of a problem though. I work for the school district and there are 13 high schools in Horry County... so if they plan to exclude anyone affiliated with SHS from the jury, they should still have plenty of folks to choose from.

Who decides the questions to ask, do the defense and state submit ones they want to be asked or does the court do it? Just curious.

Heather's sister graduated from Socastee High School last year and was Miss Socastee 2015. The school has also been really involved with fund raising and awareness.

My parents live in the neighborhood right across the street from the school. They've had a very large "MISSING" banner on display in front of the school ever since she was reported missing and it's still up there today.

Two other possible reasons:

1. TM graduated from SHS, as well. I imagine that her friends and family did too.

2. The school is located only 3 miles away from Peachtree Landing.

I don't think this should pose too much of a problem though. I work for the school district and there are 13 high schools in Horry County... so if they plan to exclude anyone affiliated with SHS from the jury, they should still have plenty of folks to choose from.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back