Kidnapping Charges

Timeline surrounding the kidnapping charges:

Wednesday, December 18, 2013:
~1:30 -1:35 am – SS dropped Heather off at her apartment, said she didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset
1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone & lasts 4.83 minutes
1:44 am – From her apartment, Heather called her roommate BW, who was in Florida, and spoke for 2.2 minutes; was crying and upset after the call from SM because she was trying to get her life back together after her affair with him and harassment by TM.
1:53 – 2:09 am – 10 posts are made to HE’s Tumblr account Ten posts
2:29am: Heather tried to call SM back at the pay phone number several times, but no one answered
3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer
3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; (Phone pings place HE’s phone at her house & SM’s phone at his house)
~3:21 am – HE drives to Peachtree Landing @ 6699 State Rd S-26-611
3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing
3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer
3:39am: A security camera at a business 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing
3:41am: All data and GPS signals ended on Heather's phone
3:45am: The security camera at the same business location recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing
3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home
3:47 am – Suspicious activity/car report is made @ Atalaya Place, Myrtle Beach SC

In interviews with LE, the Ms claimed that they had sexual relations in their vehicle in different areas of Myrtle Beach during the early hours of the morning Heather disappeared

The Ms made a withdrawal of $5,000. [video=twitter;445629538278862849]https://twitter.com/marshall_staton/status/445629538278862849[/video]

BBM

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

4:18 pm – purchase made at Kangaroo Express @ 1929 10th Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC (receipt was found in HE’s car)

1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone at Kangaroo Express @ 1929 10th Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC & lasts 4 minutes

From the original police report:

I had Horry County Dispatch to check with local hospitals and jails, in hopes of locating the victim. I learned that the victim had been a patient at Conway Hospital on December 17th, she was admitted to the hospital at 1504 hours (3:04PM) and was released at 1812 hours (5:12PM).

BUT this…

Elvis did not go to Conway Medical Center as the incident report originally states. Investigators have since learned that Heather Elvis was a different person with the same name, Squires said.

From MSM:

http://wbtw.com/2014/02/21/horry-county-couple-in-court-for-kidnapping

According to arrest warrants, the Tammy's indecent exposure charges stem from an incident at Broadway at the Beach. The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, she indecently exposed herself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach. The second exposure charge is from between December 17th and 18th at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway.

His indecent exposure charges come from an incident between December 17th and 18th near Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway. The arrest warrants state Sidney "willfully, maliciously, and indecently exposed his person in a public place, on property of others, or in the view of someone on the street or highway." The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, he also indecently exposed himself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach.

Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway is directly adjacent to the Conway Medical Center. Google map

This is the most comprehensive information I have seen in this case up to date.

I was glad and happy to see both of the Moorer's appear to be crying at the pretrial hearing. Guess THAT is one thing that didn't go as they ordered, oops, meant to say wanted to happen. I think they expected the state's witness to be excluded from showing his opinions and evidence. Makes me think the judge had a Come To Jesus meeting with someone....

I am baffled why they would both be crying because one witness was allowed to testify. Did the M's defense team assure them that all the evidence would go away? Were the M's even paying attention to the evidence and really believed their truck was a black blob on the video? They know it was their truck. They know their truck was customized to be special and different from any other truck. Now they are disappointed in the defense team - always blaming someone else. I think SM the coward's lawyer has done a great job. It is difficult defending people who act so obviously guilty and won't shut up.

Who would even think to take on their case now? Their current attorneys can't even control their clients.

Who would even think to take on their case now? Their current attorneys can't even control their clients.

You are absolutely right. They are sinking themselves on Social Media and other actions. They don`t like anyone or anything in Horry County, or so it seems. Not even Judge Dennis anymore since he is allowing Frederick`s opinion. They alone are going to be the ones that puts them back in the slammer by all lunatic things that they have been doing. I am sure that prosecution has all the info copied and ready to present. They even have been caught up in lying. They say one thing one time and another time, it is a different story. Sid was only crying because he thought that they were going to put everyone in their place at the hearing which he states on the one site. Instead those 2 were the ones put into place. :happydance::jail:

I am baffled why they would both be crying because one witness was allowed to testify. Did the M's defense team assure them that all the evidence would go away? Were the M's even paying attention to the evidence and really believed their truck was a black blob on the video? They know it was their truck. They know their truck was customized to be special and different from any other truck. Now they are disappointed in the defense team - always blaming someone else. I think SM the coward's lawyer has done a great job. It is difficult defending people who act so obviously guilty and won't shut up.

Surely, the defense attorney told the M's what to expect out of this witness. Even so, I think his testimony hit them like a ton of bricks. The state expert's praise of Frederick really didn't help the M's. Both experts convinced me a truck matching the description of the M's truck was traveling that isolated road in the wee early hours of that morning. The truck came from the direction of the M's and returned in that direction. All in a very short period of time. Not a good day for the M's. I would be crying too.

Now, I'm waiting to see how the state is going to prove a kidnapping occurred. Big question mark here.

I can't believe the M's even thought they had a case in getting the kidnapping charges dropped with that expert. Personally, I don't even think he was qualified, he even complimented the State's expert report. Ha!

Did they not see the State's expert coming? The guy was on the ball!

What's taking so long in rescheduling a court date for the rest of the motions??? I thought the motions had to be heard prior to the questionnaires which are expected to be mailed out on Monday.

April 18 | All pretrial motions that counsel or court wants heard prior to juror questionnaires or juror summons being sent out by the Horry County Clerk of Court’s office.

May 2 | 800 juror summons and questionnaires are to be mailed out.

June 2 | All questionnaires are to be sent back in; the week of June 13 through 17, all pretrial motions that need to be resolved prior to trial will be heard.

June 17 | Attorneys must provide their witness lists.

June 20 | Jury panels arrive at Horry County Courthouse and report to jury assembly room, and the jury is to be chosen.

June 27 | Trial will continue if necessary, according to the order.

What's taking so long in rescheduling a court date for the rest of the motions??? I thought the motions had to be heard prior to the questionnaires which are expected to be mailed out on Monday.

April 18 | All pretrial motions that counsel or court wants heard prior to juror questionnaires or juror summons being sent out by the Horry County Clerk of Court’s office.

June 2 | All questionnaires are to be sent back in; the week of June 13 through 17, all pretrial motions that need to be resolved prior to trial will be heard.

June 20 | Jury panels arrive at Horry County Courthouse and report to jury assembly room, and the jury is to be chosen.

Exactly. And I also wondered about 'Trial will continue if necessary'. What's that about?

Exactly. And I also wondered about 'Trial will continue if necessary'. What's that about?

It was mentioned way upstream what this meant.

IF there are more witnesses or if the case has not yet gone to the jury or if the jury does have the case by then but are still deliberating, the courtroom needs to be booked in advance and this is that advance notice.

BBM. I guess they will hear the other motions the week of June 13-17. BBM "If necessary" - I'm assuming that means the trial will continue into the next week (June 27) if needed. My understanding is once the jury is chosen the trial will start, so that should happen during the week of June 20.

Sidney Moorer speaks about his relationship with Heather Elvis and facing kidnapping charges

Debbi Elvis, mother of Heather Elvis, did not want to comment beyond the following statement: “The Internet harassment for individuals in high profile cases is horrendous; and he is correct in stating that he was harassed and their children were harassed, as well as we were harassed and our children were harassed, our family members were harassed, and everyone who had anything to do with this case was harassed, stalked, and threatened online.”

I hope DE's statement clears up any misconceptions some may have about the harassment.

There has been harassment from supporters on both sides of the fence. I doubt the harassment has been confined to the internet. Personally, I would like to see the worst offenders involved in the harassment charged. SM was correct when he stated, this is not a game.

Sidney Moorer speaks about his relationship with Heather Elvis and facing kidnapping charges

I hope DE's statement clears up any misconceptions some may have about the harassment.

There has been harassment from supporters on both sides of the fence. I doubt the harassment has been confined to the internet. Personally, I would like to see the worst offenders involved in the harassment charged. SM was correct when he stated, this is not a game.

BBM - Personally, imo, it's not a game, but I have no sympathy for SM or his 'better half'. The mrs. started most of the online nastiness and neither one of them seem to be able to control themselves. As far as SM, maybe he shouldn't have played the game to start with. Particularly, since I am sure he must have known the reaction he would get when the mrs. found out.

I don't think anybody doubted the Moorers were harassed. The issue is the timing of them bringing this all up and putting it in the news now. It's a desperate attempt to divert attention away from the fact that a highly regarded expert will be testifying that he's certain it's the Moorers truck on that video going to and from Peach Tree Landing. From what I know from following this case, it seems the majority of all this harassment took place prior to them going to jail. So it's curious that they put on this dog and pony show about harassment and bullying the day after the expert's findings were revealed publicly in the pre-trial hearing.

Also as LB Dunes stated, all of the harassment brought on to the Moorers stemmed from TM's narcissistic social media posts. I truly believe the majority of the harassment would have never taken place had TM and family been able to keep their mouths shut on social media. They dug their own graves and they have been the catalyst for all of the "sideshows" in this case.

[/B]

BBM - Personally, imo, it's not a game, but I have no sympathy for SM or his 'better half'. The mrs. started most of the online nastiness and neither one of them seem to be able to control themselves. As far as SM, maybe he shouldn't have played the game to start with. Particularly, since I am sure he must have known the reaction he would get when the mrs. found out.

It's not about having sympathy for Sidney or his better half. It's about harassment in general. Regardless of who started the nastiness, reciprocating with harassment is juvenile. It is wrong. There is no justification for the way some supporters have tried to punish people on both sides of this case. I think for some people, it did became a fun little game. IMO

According to TM, 2 of their pet bunnies and a pet duck from their compound were executed by someone harassing them. First time I'm hearing about it. Why was this not reported and in the news?

PC had previously responded when this first happened and said that the dogs had attacked them.

It's not about having sympathy for Sidney or his better half. It's about harassment in general. Regardless of who started the nastiness, reciprocating with harassment is juvenile. It is wrong. There is no justification for the way some supporters have tried to punish people on both sides of this case. I think for some people, it did became a fun little game. IMO

If you are speaking to the online harassment, ok, I agree it is juvenile. However, I am not convinced any of the things in the real world, SM said about being shot at and so forth are true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back