KS KS - Star Hurtie Boomer, 39, Kansas City, 23 Feb 1999

If they were afraid of those men enough not to testify against them, they probably weren't going to advertise it by naming the bar with overtones of connecting to a missing woman.

It just seems like a message to everyone to "shut up" to me. Where would we look to find the date the name changed?

I wouldn't get bogged down on such a small detail, but you can look under the Secretary Of State's office records (I think) to find when the name was secured. I am not sure of the records in KS or MO and how much online access we have to them.

Can someone local tell me more about the lake near Smithville? Is it a hang out for people? Ten years ago, what was it like?

It just seems like a message to everyone to "shut up" to me.
I think it means similar to "What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas". Meaning we party hearty and anything goes...but we don't spread it around town if Bob is sleeping with Missy who is married to Joe who is sleeping with Bob's wife. :X

Boomer*Chick~ You would have the most insight to Star. What was she like? Obviously, she liked to party a bit (nothing wrong with that). What were her normal habits? Occassional drug use? BF's? What were her friends like especially the girl that dropped her off?

Seriously Searching, Smithville Lake is not very active in the winter. There is one campground that is open all winter with an honor system pay box. I have been there several times in the winter and been the ONLY campers in the entire campground. No Ranger Rick came by, but neither did any rowdy people. I was kind of surprised no teens went there to drink or smoke what-have-you. It has been completely quiet and empty every time I have gone there in the winter.

In the summer it's more of a boaters and jet-skier's paradise and not so much of a family campground because there is no shade (Just my experience--I could be wrong.)

Sometimes in the winter they have a controlled deer hunt, right around New Year's in fact. But if it wasn't the weekend of the controlled deer hunt, I am betting Shon or whoever could have had the whole place to himself.

But the river is a better bet to get rid of a body. I think.

Could you check on that controlled deer hunt? I know it is a remote possibility, but the area is only 34 minutes from that bar where Star went missing and less from where Renee went missing. If it put Shon in a location where he is familiar and not afraid of being seen or noticed due to it being so isolated...I think this would be better than dumping her into a river where she could be found much easier by washing up.

Both women could be in or around the same location.

Were you around that area 10 years ago? I just wonder if the activity at the lake has decreased since then? A man like Shon, imo, would be one of those to gravitate towards hunting, boating, and fishing. (I could be wrong about that, but is a guess.)

jfy

The name of the bar 'was' changed/chosen in light of Star going missing.
The bartender/witness soon after 'married' Gino the man that hit Star.

How do you know the bartender/witness married "Gino?" Where is that information coming from? Is the information on-line someplace???

How do you know the bartender/witness married "Gino?" Where is that information coming from? Is the information on-line someplace???

I followed the case closely way back when.

Names?? We can do a search on public records. I know the two males in the bar names. Was GINO his real first name or was that a nickname. Did he marry in missouri or kansas?? Things like that. Then we can do a search and see if any names are coming up in star's case, and renee's case. I have a gut feeling that they are connected. Then we can see if we can get this women found so they can rest in peace.

Names?? We can do a search on public records. I know the two males in the bar names. Was GINO his real first name or was that a nickname. Did he marry in missouri or kansas?? Things like that. Then we can do a search and see if any names are coming up in star's case, and renee's case. I have a gut feeling that they are connected. Then we can see if we can get this women found so they can rest in peace.

http://helpfindthelost.blogspot.com/

That is useful information darkstar105, ty ty.

jfy

The name of the bar 'was' changed/chosen in light of Star going missing.
The bartender/witness soon after 'married' Gino the man that hit Star.

Well isn't THAT interesting. Seems like Star was in enemy territory when she went missing. Do we know if Gino and the bartender are still married? Sometimes divorces cause people to talk.

Does anyone know if Star's DNA is entered in CODIS? If so, has it been checked lately? A Jane Doe that was found in 2004 at a rest area in Shawnee, has DNA (just entered) at FBI MPD, it's probably a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to check! You may read the report here : https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=72

Jeremiah 29:11-14

William Gene Spradlin and Robert Horn were both charged and the charges were later dropped. Presumably the charges were dropped because witnesses in the bar that night were not forthcoming.

hi to all - thank all for such a warm welcome here at ws- i will try to find as much info on my aunt star as i can , then i will post it here. I think that alot of you are right on - the name of the bar changed to nobodys business less than six months after star was reported missing. it has since changed names again it is called jamie's place now. I am pretty sure that all the same crowd hangs out there now. as far as the bardender still being married to geno- i know that they were still married in jan of 2007 but dont know if that has changed. genos full name is william geno spradlin- i know his wifes name but probably shouldnt mention it. it is public info though- I would check marriage records in wyandotte county kansas .as far as stars dna I think it is on codis but i will check for sure today-- thank you all for your support :)

Welcome to WS Boomer*Chick!

There was something about seeing the pic of the bar sign that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. What a bold and arrogant move that was given the circumstances of Star's dissapearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back