KS KS - Star Hurtie Boomer, 39, Kansas City, 23 Feb 1999

Boomer*Chick,
Wasn't it the bartenders car that was found burned 5 blocks away? The same bartender that later married Gino? Her name is CMW? Now CMWS?

Welcome to WS Boomer*Chick!

There was something about seeing the pic of the bar sign that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. What a bold and arrogant move that was given the circumstances of Star's dissapearance.

I agree with you that the sign was an arrogant move that was probably made to hurt our(stars) family and to put the message out there to witnesses to keep their mouths shut. I lived in the area for about seven years after star went missing, and it was horrible to see that sign. My family has kept a memorial on the telephone pole at the bar ,as seen in the link to pics of star and the bar. I just wish the 13 witnesses that were there on feb 23rd 1999 would testify- people think that telling LE what they know is snitching-it is only snitching until it happens to your family- yes dsntslp you are right about the car and cmws!!!!

I agree with you that the sign was an arrogant move that was probably made to hurt our(stars) family and to put the message out there to witnesses to keep their mouths shut. I lived in the area for about seven years after star went missing, and it was horrible to see that sign. My family has kept a memorial on the telephone pole at the bar ,as seen in the link to pics of star and the bar. I just wish the 13 witnesses that were there on feb 23rd 1999 would testify- people think that telling LE what they know is snitching-it is only snitching until it happens to your family- yes dsntslp you are right about the car and cmws!!!!

I can't imagine how horrible it's been for Star's family and friends. I hope y'all put a sign on the memorial that said...."We'll never shut up!"

I'll never understand why people feel loyalty and keep alliances in cases like this. I've seen so many cases where someone has gotten a call for help moving or hiding a body and they did it like they were being asked to help someone move a couch. The great thing about years going by is friendships and alliances are broken, divorces happen and guilt gets to people. Cold cases are usually solved because of this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Did your family ever get the sense that there was maybe one person in that crowd that wanted to speak but never did? Maybe they'll talk now?

I just did
Great piece, it made me cry - its so WRONG that these THIRTEEN Witnesses which I BET some are women who probably now have children of their own, have kept their mouths closed
But then I suppose it is because they have children and the threat from perpetrators against them

But SOMEONE needs to be brave. Someone needs to stand up and say I WAS THERE I saw what happened.

Someone needs to put these scum buckets away for ever

And someone needs to put that Shon away for murdering his wife and being involved in the events that lead to Stars Death

No it has not been proven that either women are dead but I just know they are

And Shon Petrice is right in the thick of both of these women vanishing

I bet he's sweating right now that these lowlifes are going to come for him...

To Stars family I am so sorry for your loss, its so wrong what happened to star :(

Its so wrong what happened to her son, his mother being taken away from him

Star was doing the right thing that night by helping another woman, someone needs to step up to the plate now and HELP STAR

TELL THE TRUTH

Sources say that Star did not drink that much, but went to the aide of another woman who was being physically hit by a man. Star was the only one to step up only later to be hit her off her barstool, knocked unconsious and dragged out of the bar. It's at this point, witness have said, Shon Pernice injected her with something and Star was never seen again.

In Star's case there seems to be enough evidence to believe that she is no longer alive since they did charge two men with her murder. However, LE dropped those charges when none of the witnesses would testify. They said it was to avoid double jeopardy, I guess in case they ever do get other evidence or any witness does finally come forward they can charge them again. If they had brought the case to trial and lost due to no witnesses, then they would not be able to charge them again if new information came in or if one of the witnesses finally got a conscience and came forward.

In Star's case there seems to be enough evidence to believe that she is no longer alive since they did charge two men with her murder. However, LE dropped those charges when none of the witnesses would testify. They said it was to avoid double jeopardy, I guess in case they ever do get other evidence or any witness does finally come forward they can charge them again. If they had brought the case to trial and lost due to no witnesses, then they would not be able to charge them again if new information came in or if one of the witnesses finally got a conscience and came forward.

WEll then - someone needs to come forward and

TELL THE TRUTH​

I cant believe that not one of those thirteen witnesses wont turn these low lifes in

Surely someone is able to step forward and speak out

Just think *you* could be helping in not just ONE disappearance/murder but TWO

Two women who have been stolen from their child/childrens lives, how do people tally that up in their brain as being ok ?

Thanks for the link to that blog Suzan. Very informative piece.

I am so sorry! I can't imagine the agony it must have caused the family and her friends to see that sign. (I didn't really think about that earlier and I apologize.) Boy, I was wrong about the sign. It certainly was a bold and horrible thing for them to do. Disgusting!!!

It does make a person wonder wth is wrong with people. How do they live with themselves?!

If they can uncover the truth now...then they did the right thing in dropping those charges at the time. The one thing they have to go on is the past investigation. They probably have evidence in the case which can now be retested with the advancements in forensics.

Btw~ A woman doesn't have to testify against her husband. Interesting since she was a witness and probably knows everything.

How convenient that the wife doesn't have to testify against her husband...I had forgotten about that.

second link isnt working for me.. anyone else have same problem or is it something on my end?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back