KY KY - Bowling Green, off I-65 NB, WhtFem 12-20, UP102, Red Levi Pants, Jul'84

I like Tracy Byrd as well. Compare her to the new reconstruction in NAMUS. The UID is likely to have had a protruding nose, as Tracy Byrd does.

xEEo7vQ.jpg

Discrepancies noted: Byrd has what appears to be a slightly cleft chin. This does not appear on any UID reconstructions.
Byrd's eyes appear to be set wider apart.
The tip of Byrd's nose to the top of her lip appears to be a shorter distance than the UID's.

After a period of months after death, they aren't likely to know exactly what her lips looked like. The tip of her nose would also be an approximation.

Tracy Byrd has been ruled out as of March 24th.

Age 12-20 seems like an awfully big range. Unless she developed early.

I can only see three options, as these girls do not have DNA entered. If she isn't one of these, she's someone who ran away and they didn't bother to report it, like Tammy Alexander, or someone killed her and pretended she ran away.

img_3609.jpeg Warren County.jpg
Janice Pockett, aged 7, disappeared from Connecticut in 1973. She went off on her bicycle and was never seen again. In July 1983 she would have been 17.

View attachment img_2479.jpeg Warren County.jpg
Kimberly Mileo, aged 20, disappeared from Maryland on June 9th 1973. Jane Doe is estimated to have died in July 1983 at the latest.

img_51392.jpeg Warren County.jpg
Karen Reinert, aged 11, disappeared from Pennsylvania, with her mother and her brother, in June 1979. Her mother was found dead in their car three days later, but the children had gone. In July 1983, Karen would have been 15. She and her brother were declared legally dead in 1987.

For Kimberley Mileo, I meant 1983! Sorry.

Several names added to the ruleouts, in addition to Tracy Byrd (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/102)

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Burnett 1967 Alabama
Mary Jo Burnette 1967 Alabama
Tracy Byrd 1968 Pennsylvania
Mindi Chambers 1965 Arizona
Carla Corley 1965 Alabama
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Ann Gotlib 1971 Kentucky
Gina Hall 2008 Virginia
Raylene Helsley 1970 Louisiana
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Elizabeth Maggard 1961 Kentucky
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Teresa McDonald 1963 Georgia
Launa Merritt 1966 New York
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Cinda Pallett 1968 Oklahoma
Dean Peters 1966 Michigan
Shannon Porter 1970 Maryland

What about Debra Jean Cole?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/62dfin.html
She went missing in August 1981, but she was at first considered a pregnant runaway, but later it's believe the same man who killed her sister killed her. I looked it up and it's a four hour drive.

Anther possibility could be Kimberly Sue Doss.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/62dfin.html

She was heading to Iowa from Texas to Iowa, but Kentucky is far off the path though so there's some doubt there that it could be her.

What about Sherry Lynn Marler? I don't see a resemblance really to the reconstructions (maybe face shape), but the timeline fits and Greenville is right off of I-65.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marler_sherry.html

Ok so I have found some things today that I find interesting. I can't seem to copy text from the Charley Project site, but the background info says Sherry was allegedly spotted a few times and referred to a man with her as "BJ". I did a generic search of kidnappers + BJ and immediately Bobbie Joe Long came up. I didn't keep all the links because I was hesitant to post this at all. From what I gather, Bobbie Joe Long has been convicted of murder/sexual assault in Florida (may have seen one potential case in CA that never went anywhere). However, he lived in California and was originally from West Virginia. He was caught in 1984...his last victim he decided not to murder and let her go after holding her for a few days. So I'm wondering if there were other crimes in other places. If he was travelling/visiting, he could have easily used I-65 and cut over to the more appropriate route to West Virginia. I just can't shake the I-65 connection from this UID to Sherry and the timeframe between her going missing and the UID being found is consistent...The Bobbie Joe Long thing is probably a total coincidence...who knows.

I wish I could see more photos of Sherry because there only seems to be one available to the public and I know she doesn't seem to look like any of the reconstructions. Would love to see Carl's with darker/auburn hair.

Using the CT-Scan NCMEC recon as a basis for her facial shape, I created this more lifelike version of what Bowling Green Jane might have looked like.

7ab0355b-147f-4497-8cfa-32b5356f1ad7.jpg

I spent a couple of days fine tuning this recon to give her a lifelike appearance, while maintaining the dimensions shown in the NCMEC CT-Scan recon. I tried two different hairstyles, and a couple of variations of her "multi-colored long-sleeved blouse". I also did a full-body recon to show her in her red corduroy pants.

d1967a17-1ca2-47e3-a976-095add7a8142.jpg
dd46a7fa-c9ae-4a9d-9044-127768a73fc0.jpg
076259cc-84f9-44fc-a4d6-bfd9ea719c3c.jpg

Carl, that is awesome!

This morning, I went to Namus and searched for girls 10-20 that went missing from 1/1/1984 to 7/31/1984 (realize that's after UID was found, just leaving room for error). Only 17 missing girls came up. None of them really seem to match. One looked similar to Carl's new reconstruction, but she was on the rule-out list. Oddly enough, only 2 of the 17 missing people are on the rule out list, which I find odd.

However, I have to wonder about Shannon Porter. She was 13 when she went missing in Orlando, last seen June 1, 1984 in the vicinity of the "White Horse Bar". I have only seen two photos and the main one used, she looks to be about 2-3 years old. No recent photos and last seen around a bar...doesn't sound good. NAMUS also says DNA samples submitted, but tests not complete. Any thoughts?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3137/8

However, I have to wonder about Shannon Porter. She was 13 when she went missing in Orlando, last seen June 1, 1984 in the vicinity of the "White Horse Bar". I have only seen two photos and the main one used, she looks to be about 2-3 years old. No recent photos and last seen around a bar...doesn't sound good. NAMUS also says DNA samples submitted, but tests not complete. Any thoughts?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3137/8

The MP you listed is actually Sherry Young. Shannon Potter went missing from Maryland and is on the rule out list (although she really resembles Carl's recon in my opinion. Charley project page- http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/potter_shannon.html ).

Sherry looks like a good possibility, it's too bad that there isn't a more recent photo of her. Under her image on her NamUs page there's a note in the description that says an age progression is in process. I can picture her to grow up looking like this UID...I wonder if she's been considered? I'd submit it.

The MP you listed is actually Sherry Young. Shannon Potter went missing from Maryland and is on the rule out list (although she really resembles Carl's recon in my opinion. Charley project page- http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/potter_shannon.html ).

Sherry looks like a good possibility, it's too bad that there isn't a more recent photo of her. Under her image on her NamUs page there's a note in the description that says an age progression is in process. I can picture her to grow up looking like this UID...I wonder if she's been considered? I'd submit it.

Thanks for catching that! That is what I meant....had to many Sherry's on the brain this morning. I noticed that notation as well in NAMUS for an age progression. I can't imagine not having any kind of more recent photo...a school picture or something.

Additional rule outs: Christina Carter 1970 Alabama, Sherry Marler 1971 Alabama, and Caren Wurst 1970 Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back