KY KY - Bowling Green, off I-65 NB, WhtFem 12-20, UP102, Red Levi Pants, Jul'84

A few possibilities: Kathleen Kelly bears a striking resemblance to Carl's recons, which put the Jane Doe on the younger end of the appearance range to me; she was 12 years old when she went missing from Pennsylvania in 1981 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kelly_kathleen.html. Almost no information available for her. Someone else previously mentioned Debra Cole, her story is rather disturbing http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_debra.html. When she went missing in August 1981, she was initially written off as a runaway despite the fact that nothing of hers was found to be missing and rumors going around that she was possibly pregnant. It wasn't until her sister was murdered two years later that her case was looked at differently. Their mother's boyfriend is the most likely suspect in both the murder and Debra's disappearance (she was last seen with him before she vanished) but he died before enough evidence to charge him surfaced. Patricia Taylor is a sad example of someone in the system falling through the cracks http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/taylor_patricia.html. It isn't even known how old she was exactly at the time she went missing, if her last seen date is accurate, or the circumstances of her disappearance. What is known is that she was 14-16 years old (she would have been 15 if the date is accurate), had red hair, and was presumed to have run away from a group home in Oklahoma at the time of her disappearance but hasn't been seen or heard from in nearly 35 years. Mary Jo Long apparently ran away from her mother's home in Minnesota to her father's in California and later vanished from there. She wasn't reported missing until seven years after she was last seen, so it's hard to tell how much of her information is accurate http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/long_mary.html.

Here is the DoeNet link for this Jane Doe
DoeNetwork Case 526UFKY 526UFKY

Yvonne Mestas might be a decent possible although there is no mention of a scar on her elbow.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mestas_yvonne.html
The Doe Network: Case File 1399DFCO

Her vital stats and timeline are consistent, and facial shape looks similar to the recon.

526UFKY.jpg
mestas_yvonne2.jpg

Although Jane Doe is not listed as Hispanic, I don't think this would be a reason to rule her out.

BTW, Yvonne's friend Victoria Lenore Sanchez has a scar on her elbow, but her DoeNet page indicates it's the left elbow. Jane Doe's scar is on the right elbow.

The Doe Network: Case File 928DFCO
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_victoria.html

526UFKY.jpg
sanchez_victoria.jpg

Her vital stats and the timeline are also consistent to the Jane Doe, but she doesn't have the same facial shape.

Victoria and Yvonne are believed to have left on their own accord, so she could have ended up anywhere.

What happened to this suggestion? Not on the rule out list. Yvonne is not Hispanic (at least not fully)

"Yvonne was 15 years old when she was last seen. At that time she was 4-foot-9 and 110 pounds. She had a distinctive birthmark on her left or right buttock in the shape of a heart. She was described as Caucasian with brown eyes and black hair".

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Yvonne Mestas
Missing Person Case
Help with 35-year-old cold case: 2 Rocky Ford teens went missing
Missing Person Case

Here is the DoeNet link for this Jane Doe
DoeNetwork Case 526UFKY 526UFKY

Yvonne Mestas might be a decent possible although there is no mention of a scar on her elbow.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mestas_yvonne.html
The Doe Network: Case File 1399DFCO

Her vital stats and timeline are consistent, and facial shape looks similar to the recon.

526UFKY.jpg
mestas_yvonne2.jpg

Although Jane Doe is not listed as Hispanic, I don't think this would be a reason to rule her out.

BTW, Yvonne's friend Victoria Lenore Sanchez has a scar on her elbow, but her DoeNet page indicates it's the left elbow. Jane Doe's scar is on the right elbow.

The Doe Network: Case File 928DFCO
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_victoria.html

526UFKY.jpg
sanchez_victoria.jpg

Her vital stats and the timeline are also consistent to the Jane Doe, but she doesn't have the same facial shape.

Victoria and Yvonne are believed to have left on their own accord, so she could have ended up anywhere.

What happened to this suggestion? Not on the rule out list. Yvonne is not Hispanic (at least not fully)

Yvonne was 15 years old when she was last seen. At that time she was 4-foot-9 and 110 pounds. She had a distinctive birthmark on her left or right buttock in the shape of a heart. She was described as Caucasian with brown eyes and black hair.

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Yvonne Mestas
Help with 35-year-old cold case: 2 Rocky Ford teens went missing
Missing Person Case

Date of Discovery: July 4, 1984
Location of Discovery: Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: Several months to two years
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 12-20 years old
Race: White
Height: 4'8" to 5'0"
Weight: 90 to 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed lesion on the rear of the skull. A scar on the right elbow. Possibly right-handed.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available (X-rays); She had dental work completed within 4 to 5 years prior to death. She had several fillings and displayed hypoplasia on her two bottom middle teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Long sleeved multi-color pull-over blouse and red corduroy Levi pants.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's partial skeletal remains were located alongside northbound Interstate 65.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Kentucky Medical Examiner's office
Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows, M.D.
Agency Phone Number: 502-852-5587
Agency E-Mail: Amy.Burrows(at)ky.gov
Agency Case Number: 84-F-38

Agency Name: Kentucky State Police
Agency Contact Person: Lt. Keith Payne or Detective Sergeant Tommy Smith
Agency Phone Number: 270-782-2010 or 1-800-222-5555
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U756767830
NamUs Case Number: 102
NCMEC Case Number: 1106797

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC

Kentucky State Police

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2014; Last Updated: 11/28/16

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Jackie Boyer
Mary Jo Burnette
Tracy Byrd
Christina Carter
Mindi Chambers
Carla Corley
Melinda Creech
Ann Gotlib
Gina Hall
Raylene Helsley
Charlotte Kinsey
Elizabeth Maggard
Sherry Marier
Deborah McCall
Teresa McDonald
Launa Merritt
Barbara Monaco
Cinda Pallett
**Dean Peters 1966 Michigan
Shannon Potter
Caren Wurst

**Peters was on ruleouts lists earier in this thread, but doesn't appear today, unless I missed it.

I have not seen this mentioned before, but thought it could be a possibility. There is a children's home located 13 miles from where she was found. It is called Potter's Home for Children. It is still operating today. Surely LE checked this out back in 84 given the close proximity.

Jane Doe had dental care which likely wasn’t available to children at the Potter’s home.

Jane Doe had dental care which likely wasn’t available to children at the Potter’s home.

That's not necessarily true. Many homes and shelters arrange with local dentists or dental schools to offer free or reduced cost care to their clients. Near where I grew up, the girls in what we would today call a halfway house got better dental and medical care than the girls from the surrounding area. Not always the case, I know, but I can't see ruling somebody in or out based on that point.

There's not a lot to go on, but this new MP added to the Charley Project today sure resembles the recon IMO. Michelle Wells, age 13, missing from Michigan - Michelle Wells – The Charley Project

It sounds as she was reported missing at a later date and the exact date of her disappearance is unknown, but the year 1982 fits with the jane doe's estimation.

Most of the time I read over all the medical terms, knowing what it means approx, sometimes I feel the need to look up what it means exactly. Bowling Green Jane Doe has some distinct futures who might help a little to find out who she was, when we look into it closer.

Noticeable Hypoplasia of the bottom front teeth.
Enamel hypoplasia caused by environmental factors carries the same symptoms as hereditary enamel hypoplasia, but can be caused by a variety of factors, such as premature birth, malnutrition, bacterial and viral infections, or trauma to newly developing teeth and mouth.

Healed lesion on the rear of the skull
She had healed damage, disturbance of the tissue or injury on the back of the skull.
A lesion is a region in an organ or tissue which has suffered damage through injury or disease, such as a wound, ulcer, abscess, or tumor.

Most of the time I read over all the medical terms, knowing what it means approx, sometimes I feel the need to look up what it means exactly. Bowling Green Jane Doe has some distinct futures who might help a little to find out who she was, when we look into it closer.

Noticeable Hypoplasia of the bottom front teeth.
Enamel hypoplasia caused by environmental factors carries the same symptoms as hereditary enamel hypoplasia, but can be caused by a variety of factors, such as premature birth, malnutrition, bacterial and viral infections, or trauma to newly developing teeth and mouth.

Healed lesion on the rear of the skull
She had healed damage, disturbance of the tissue or injury on the back of the skull.
A lesion is a region in an organ or tissue which has suffered damage through injury or disease, such as a wound, ulcer, abscess, or tumor.

Given the healed nature of the skull lesion, and the hypoplasia, she could have had an accident as a young child that may not make a correlation into a missing report.
If she simply slipped/fell as a 3-4 year old off of furniture or on playground equipment; these injuries could be present with only mild symptoms of concussion
Example, slipped off a picnic table and hit the back of her head causing it to lunge forward and "knock" her teeth...likely the base of the skull impact jolted the head forward resulting in the subsequent injury the teeth or vice versa, she hit her teeth on like a coffee table sending the head backwards and she hit that on like a side table, not an uncommon injury in children of a young age.
Very Common injury when these horses on springs were in parks
upload_2019-8-12_11-9-56.png

HOLY TOLITO!

Could she be Lorie Ann Blevins, missing from Ohio in 1984

FWIW, I think you’re on to something with Lorie! I came over to the thread to mention her as well and saw that you had previously.

I tried finding additional photos of her but she was so young and not likely to be in any yearbooks yet (possibly one unless her middle school took photos). I was able to find a couple of Lorie Blevins in Ohio but it’s hard to compare photos and information when there is nothing really to go on in her reports.

I think it’s a potentially good match. Maybe someone else is able to find a better photo?

JMO

I recently moved to Bowling Green with family. I would like to add some notes about the town which makes me suspect she wasn’t from here:

*Low crime rate
*Everyone knows everyone
*Farming is a major part of the town

I could probably plug the coordinates into my car and take better crime scene photos if you guys want.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back