Identified! KY - Owenton, off Hwy 330, WhtFem 25-40, UP101, 'Steve' tattoo, clothes, May'88 - Linda Bennett

I'm wondering if Samuel Little may have his dates and location a bit off. There's a woman below he said he met in Columbus, Ohio. That she asked for a ride to Florida and he said murdered her in northern KY in 1984.

620ec39a-583c-4ed5-826f-a32f763679c5.jpeg

Samuel Little victim

K475OSR2HRCKJMGAQRX45FCOYU.jpg

Very good eye and details and it should be absolutely submitted to both FBI and case workers of unidentified Jane Doe. FBI is desperate for leads in Little case and matching his sketches to cases. Yes, please do submit.

From the portrait, could our JD be Hispanic?
Portrait found on Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer — FBI

Since it was written that Little's portraits in confessions were accurate but timeline was fuzzy,
can we expect that our JD was Hispanic?
Source:
Please note: Samuel Little’s recollection of dates is not always accurate. He also sometimes struggles to remember the exact clothing worn by a victim. Any potential links should not be dismissed based on these two factors alone.
Link: Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer — FBI

Can our JD be missing earlier than 1980?

Covington, Kentucky
  • Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1984. Met victim in Columbus, Ohio. Body disposed of somewhere in Northern Kentucky (city unspecified).

Confession:
Unmatched Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
Little stated that in approximately 1984, possibly in the summertime, he was driving his Lincoln Continental Mark III from Loraine, Ohio, to Cincinnati. While en route, he met a 25-year-old white female outside a strip club. He remembers her as being 5’6” - 5’7” tall and 130-170 pounds. Little describes her as having short blonde hair and blue eyes with a “hippie” appearance. She approached him and asked for a ride to Miami, Florida, saying her mother lived there. Little said he and the woman drove south on Interstate 75. When they reached Cincinnati, the two of them spent time downtown on Vine Street. They continued driving together, across the river into northern Kentucky. Little described driving to a hilly area not far from I-75. He drove up a small dirt road to the top of a “little round hill,” where he strangled the woman in the backseat of his car. He left her body on the top of the hill.
Same FBI link above.

Has anyone say reliably that the States he met his victims are accurate?

Attachments

• 698155A4-7D5E-4060-A249-8260A6440306.jpeg
    698155A4-7D5E-4060-A249-8260A6440306.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can say that Little is without a doubt one of only a very few serial killers (Or murderers for that matter) to admit to and be linked by those confessions to as many murders as he has.

I don’t have a link readily available but his confessions leave little open to speculation and even less the imagination. He’s proved to be eerily accurate... in most cases.

ETA: that being said, it may be worth focusing more on the details of the MP/UID cases and less on his confessions...this could very likely be one of the ones he misremembered. KWIM?

I don’t have a link readily available but his confessions leave little open to speculation and even less the imagination. He’s proved to be eerily accurate... in most cases.
Here you are! Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer — FBI

ETA: that being said, it may be worth focusing more on the details of the MP/UID cases and less on his confessions...this could very likely be one of the ones he misremembered. KWIM?
No idea, I leave it to more experienced sleuthers.

Here you are! Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer — FBI

No idea, I leave it to more experienced sleuthers.
Thank you for the link!!

I’m not discrediting your suggestion! Please don’t think that! I’m in no way “experienced” LOL... just offering my opinions.

Samuel Little has been convicted of several murders within walking distance of me and suspected of several others, so he’s always in the back of my mind. The photograph you posted is one in particular that I’m constantly looking for a potential match to. I’m glad he’s behind bars but I’m also glad he’s not dead...I think he’s likely responsible for many more crimes than he’s even admitted to!

I’d love to see him held accountable for even one more of those crimes!

I didn't think you did.
Just that when you said your opinion, I had no idea about my own opinion.
I am lost at it actually, and I prefer letting more experienced sleuthers working on it.
Because I still have a lot to learn

I was reading back through the details and it seems like this UID had dark hair, possibly even black...probably not red. So I’m thinking this may not be the victim that Little drew in this photo.

That could be wrong too, but all the reports seem to say her hair was pretty dark. Which does make me think she could have some Latin ancestry.

I’m going to work on her case today and I’ve starting putting together all the newspaper clippings I can find on Kentucky Unidentified cold cases! If anyone is interested on focusing on KY for a bit! We’ll see what we can come up with! :)

ETA: Does anyone else not see “Steve” in this tattoo? I see that it could be Steve... but all joking aside, I also see that it could just as easily be “Stew”?

Last edited:
. Was the lady mentioned in post #2 ever excluded - she even had the right tatt...
Hi everyone,
the Namus person in control of this case, Lori, was in contact. She is contacting the person in control of Marilyn's case to find out more about her tattoos and other identifying features they may have and will let me know.
Unfortunately namus doesn't list what tattoo's she has, just tattoos on arm. It doesn't mention what tattoos but it is possible a 'Steve' tattoo was one of them.

They did not capture the Bedford killer, so perhaps he wasn't from the area and he dumped the UID closer to home, or as Carbuff said she is unrelated to those killings.

Hi everyone, further contact by the person in contact of the unidentified. Unfortunately this might be one we will never know on. There is no DNA and details for Marilyn and no further information on her tattoo. Very frusturating. On the plus side, Amy Burrows is very open to suggestions from the public. It is nice to have contact with someone eager to use all sources of information to identify these people.
All RBBM

NamUs shows seven rule-outs, and Marilyn is not listed as being one of them.

Also noting that I don’t believe we know specifically what tattoos Marilyn has :(.

Link to Marilyn’s NamUs profile:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Charley Project page:
Marilyn J. Roberts – The Charley Project

Link to UID’s exclusions list (must have an account to view; screenshots attached):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

F9BA965C-E2C9-479E-AB27-D6A5134E5386.jpeg 7EEEF9D7-8114-42D3-9801-F61877136A46.jpeg AA7AC2D0-A6A0-474D-B131-4009BCBC6E5D.jpeg

Yah, I think that might be the only reason Marilyn isn’t listed...there wasn’t any way of definitively comparing her with an UID. I don’t guess the chances are good for there ever being a way...

I could be wrong but from everything I read, that seemed to be the consensus. Unfortunately

Okay, I found Sharon Pinegar. Very little information about her though!
The Doe Network
FD716C16-DF50-4D78-B569-78166B5E3209.jpeg 98B70194-4135-4AF6-9401-73F83A988DEC.jpeg 9BE665D4-44A3-4688-8EF3-2CF38D63B49D.jpeg
Missing from Texas since “sometime in 1987”
- 42 year old white female (25-40)
- 5’5”, 130-140 lbs. (5’5”-5’7”, 120 lbs)
- Brown hair, brown eyes (dark hair)
- Wears dentures (no teeth)

Per The Charley Project:
Pinegar was last seen in Texas sometime during 1987. She may have been headed to Florida at the time. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Pinegar had previously lived in Iowa, and Iowa authorities are investigating her case.

Attachments

• 585CC811-7B99-46D3-9328-901767A43BD0.jpeg
    585CC811-7B99-46D3-9328-901767A43BD0.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1A8AA1FB-E280-46EC-B41E-B7632468A1DA.jpeg
    1A8AA1FB-E280-46EC-B41E-B7632468A1DA.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 8
Okay, I found Sharon Pinegar. Very little information about her though!
The Doe Network
View attachment 225664 View attachment 225667 View attachment 225668
Missing from Texas since “sometime in 1987”
- 42 year old white female (25-40)
- 5’5”, 130-140 lbs. (5’5”-5’7”, 120 lbs)
- Brown hair, brown eyes (dark hair)
- Wears dentures (no teeth)

Per The Charley Project:
Pinegar was last seen in Texas sometime during 1987. She may have been headed to Florida at the time. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Pinegar had previously lived in Iowa, and Iowa authorities are investigating her case.
I do see a resemblance but something just seems off about it to me...

Agreed. I’m so used to posting such far fetched matches - they usually don’t remotely fit the circumstances or details of each other, but they sure look identical. This one was the opposite for me. lol. The details fit but I wasn’t convinced of the physical features.

Another “maybe” I was looking at yesterday...
C6FB67B1-B14F-41BE-80F2-1A2113AD7535.jpeg
Rhonda Joy Baucom – The Charley Project
South Carolina, May 1987, 29, 5’4”, 120 lbs

Attachments

• 67434471-7182-4D2F-9690-2655F197C7CE.jpeg
    67434471-7182-4D2F-9690-2655F197C7CE.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 9
Rhonda looks the closest to me.

But we've had quite a number of cases where the missing person looked exactly like the UID but the doppelgänger turned out to be not a match, and many cases where the match barely resemble the UID sketch. It's just one of many factors to take into account when considering a match.

I think it's possible that this UID may be connected to the serial killer Marshall Lee Gore, who was active in the area at the time when this woman would have been killed. He had connections to Southern Florida, Cleveland, and was finally caught in Kentucky. I've been going through the old newspaper reports trying to see if any women from those areas went missing at the time and were not found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back