Found Deceased KY - Whitney Copley, 24, Dunnville, 30 Sept 2015

I hope LE know who these two guys and one girl are.

I hate stories like this, where said person has either turned their life around or is in the process and something bad ends up happening to them.

jmo

It sounds like the family thinks that it's recovery mode, they don't think that she's alive... how sad.
http://www.lex18.com/story/30413908/missing-womans-clothes-found-in-barn

Yup :(

Shortly after I mentioned pretty early on (up thread) about all the past tense and sounding sure she was dead one of the sisters alluded to more of the 'why' behind it (which included another find earlier on of something else).

Remember there were names named in articles earlier on? All of whom were in jail at one point or another since Whitney went missing?

There's very solid information behind why they've been sure how this was going to end for reasons beyond them having been the last with Whitney, and it's why they were putting their names out there hoping they would spill more to people than they already have (that's how they have come up with some of the search areas)

They'd gotten some more specific tips periodically recently and my understanding is the weekend's find was, in part, from another.

These poor sisters, who have had more than enough family tragedy already - have been out there searching and working with others day after day, hardly sleeping, but instead searching around the clock, trying to reassure Whitney's girls, and trying to find their beloved sister, who after some rough years following what happened with her mom, was in a better place.

I hope LE know who these two guys and one girl are.

They do - all have been in jail (one was out quickly) on other charges since.

They seem to believe there's one other who may be involved (another guy) but seem to not be quite as sure about so haven't mentioned him enough that I've been able to tell if he was also hauled in at any point.

It sounds like the family thinks that it's recovery mode, they don't think that she's alive... how sad.

For those that follow any of the pages of her sisters, the tip led them to where they were searching this weekend and was why they were asking for some very specific help.

You can always tell (at least from one of them) when they've gotten something that seems to have some substance/credibility, or when they've been searching and found a little something that gives them reason to feel they're on to something enough to push to get others helping them.

I know aside from wanting answers and justice and just to bring her home (especially since they're all going on almost 40 days of virtually no sleep and very long days) they're also fearful of if they don't find her soon, then it'll be months because of weather and some areas being impossible to search.

They seem to be very confident she's in the water or at least the water's edge - and it's already hard and difficult to search that area, but water being too cold for searchers to be in much longer is really adding even more time pressure to all of this.

Pieces of clothing were found inside of a Casey County barn and Whitney Copley’s family says that they belong to the missing mother.

<snip>

On Sunday they found items that belonged to Whitney in a barn in Casey County but have not yet found her.

Whitney&#8217;s sisters say that they have received a lot of similar tips over the past month.

&#8220;We're consistently hearing a bridge with water with some people that have been talking about it in our area so we're going to go a little bit north of Dunnville and search some of those bridges once again,&#8221; said Teresa Meyer, Whitney&#8217;s sister.

Reward Now Larger For Missing Russell County Woman

A reward being offered for information in the case of a missing Russell County woman is now larger.

A $6000 reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Whitney Copley.

Copley's family initially offered a $5000 reward and recently, an anonymous donor added an additional $1000 to the reward.

http://www.lex18.com/story/30403964/anonymous-donor-to-reward-money-for-missing-woman

I'm sure it'll be in the news tomorrow, but they've upped it again to $10,000.

That's not a small chunk of change to most people anywhere, but in their area, that's just under 50% of the average per capita income - meaning that's potentially a much more substantially 'worthwhile' motivator for someone to want to talk.

Then consider those involved are all younger, and the people who they've spilled things to already are young, they're even more likely to talk for that amount of payout...

It's sad that it's taking money to talk - but their most credible tips/leads (after the stuff at the beginning that made them sure she wasn't alive) have all been post-reward (of some quantity)

I think between the fact they are very clearly onto something now, that that (and people probably afraid they're going to find her on their own without anyone else talking) combined with a reward that's nearly doubled in a week may finally mean getting someone to spill the last little thing they need to find her.

And hopefully she just didn't get pushed so far down the river this past month that they can't find her before winter really sets in.

I believe them upping it this substantially is a sign of both the reward having already been helping generate people's willingness to speak even more openly, but also that they really feel they are close and that they have got to get answers quickly and before it's entirely too late.

They have to be careful ... it sounds like the sisters are doing the investigation that LE should be doing.

They have to be careful ... it sounds like the sisters are doing the investigation that LE should be doing.

They seem to be aware/present OKing it.

State police are investigating as well but say relatives planned Monday’s search. Family says they are receiving tips and anonymous information about what may have happened in and around the Dunnville area.

<snip>

The search Monday was organized by the family but state police and rescue squad crews were there as a show of support. Police say they cannot comment on the ongoing investigation at this time.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Dozens-search-for-missing-Russell-County-woman--339547352.html

so the sister thinks it is an OD situation. how very sad. cant someone at least call anonymously and report what bridge they threw her from? what is on top of a ridge? is that sort of an indication she was thrown off a bridge and her body landed on a ridge along a freeway or body of water? or she got caught up on a ridge after floating?

In case anyone is local - the search plan for Sat from the Bring Whit Home page:

We are searching for Whitney on Sat Nov 14 we are meeting at Land of Big Fish at 10am please remember it will be hunting season so please wear your orange and its going to be cold so dress appropriately and wear boots in case we are in some water thank you in advance for your help we do appreciate all u do

so the sister thinks it is an OD situation. how very sad. cant someone at least call anonymously and report what bridge they threw her from? what is on top of a ridge? is that sort of an indication she was thrown off a bridge and her body landed on a ridge along a freeway or body of water? or she got caught up on a ridge after floating?

JMO. There are some bridges that span across ridge to ridge that run along the river but one would have to throw the person from the end of the bridge and then I would think they might land on the side of a ridge but probably not on top of one. IMO. May be wrong. I think of a ridge as just a hill or a rocky hill. Sometimes there are cliffs on their sides aka "high walls" or "palisades". Maybe someone threw her off a "ridge" instead of a "bridge"? If they threw her off a taller ridge, she could have landed on top of a shorter ridge. If the ridge is lining the river, then she may have landed in water. IMO. Just guessing. How sad!

Last in the company of 3 people who are now in jail on unrelated charges and aren't talking and her clothes were found in a barn. She was murdered and all the answers are with the 3 in jail.

They need searchers on ATVs in the areas of interest, particularly in relation to the barn where her clothes were found. The weather forecast, with the exception of tomorrow, is excellent for searching for at least the next ten days; Dry with average daytime temperatures of near 50 degrees or above. If anyone could suggest this to the family/searchers it might be helpful.
also, it is my understanding that only one of the three "friends" remains in custody as I could not locate any information on one male alleged to have been in the car at the dog walk mart and have found nothing regarding the female.
Does anyone else find it interesting that Whitney didn't take her cell phone that night? Did she not want to be tracked? And if not, why? This is very hinky to me because I cannot fathom why a woman or anyone for that matter would not want access to a cell phone in an emergency, let alone the mother of two young girls. I would also like to know what articles of clothing were found in the barn? Was there any evidence of a rape or sexual assault? Because if so, these guys are guilty of more than not acting on an accidental overdose. I'm not meaning to pry but there seems to be reason for the family to believe Whitney is no longer with us.
prayers for this family and Whitney but I'm on the fence as to why her family believes this was an overdose situation and why they seem so certain that she is no longer with us. They must know more than we do or they too would be holding out hope that she is alive. Tragic in so many ways...

They need searchers on ATVs in the areas of interest, particularly in relation to the barn where her clothes were found. The weather forecast, with the exception of tomorrow, is excellent for searching for at least the next ten days; Dry with average daytime temperatures of near 50 degrees or above. If anyone could suggest this to the family/searchers it might be helpful.
also, it is my understanding that only one of the three "friends" remains in custody as I could not locate any information on one male alleged to have been in the car at the dog walk mart and have found nothing regarding the female.
Does anyone else find it interesting that Whitney didn't take her cell phone that night? Did she not want to be tracked? And if not, why? This is very hinky to me because I cannot fathom why a woman or anyone for that matter would not want access to a cell phone in an emergency, let alone the mother of two young girls. I would also like to know what articles of clothing were found in the barn? Was there any evidence of a rape or sexual assault? Because if so, these guys are guilty of more than not acting on an accidental overdose. I'm not meaning to pry but there seems to be reason for the family to believe Whitney is no longer with us.
prayers for this family and Whitney but I'm on the fence as to why her family believes this was an overdose situation and why they seem so certain that she is no longer with us. They must know more than we do or they too would be holding out hope that she is alive. Tragic in so many ways...

With the wording in most the articles I've read through, it sounds like she doesn't have a cell phone at all. Just my assumption though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back