Kyron's doctors appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the paperwork say? Either it said the 11th or it didn't.

This appt thing makes no sense to me so I will keep reading.LOL

As a teacher, I have done paperwork for children in my classroom related to a doctor's appt. The paperwork has never indicated a date.

The parent tells me when the paper work needs to be given back to the parent.

Apparently some teachers on here mail it directly to the doctor, but I have not done that with doctor's info requested by a parent.

Sometimes I have been sent info to fill out from social security or different agencies such as those that provide mental health services.

With those, I send them back to the agency. I do not give them to the parent. I cannot remember if those have a return by date or not.

one reason commonly known for a teacher to submit paperwork for a dr's appt. is in connection with obtaining a dx/IEP for a student. In that case, the teacher would be expected to prepare the paperwork in advance of the appt. and, in that context, would likely be adivised of the date it was needed by. Maybe the paperwork stated the date of the appt. or, imo, more likely it did not. The teacher was merely advised of when it was needed by for the appt. jmoo

Ack! Can you see the probabiliity of all of these assumptions?

I can see the probability of this happening as about 100%. This is the way IEP's go. Teachers don't normallly fill out paperwork for regular dr's appts. and it is common knowledge (as evidenced by the IEP form example I posted) that when teachers DO fill out paperwork, that's the reason. I'm not sure whether your agreeing or disagreeing, but IMO this is the only obvious conclusion. Particularly in light of Kyron's reported (directly by the bio parents in the msm) issues with following direction of parents/teachers in the school setting.

So, IMO, he was being evaluated and IMO any paperwork had to do with that eval.

We are going to try this again. We are not talking about the speculated medical conditions.

This thread is about the documented newspaper information that Kyron's SM may have given the teacher paperwork for a doctor's appt. NOW if you have a question or issue take it off the board by PMing a mod or alerting.

Carry on.

Hi Chargers - I am not trying to innerve you...was sad to see you so upset by my question. I recognize your handle from the past weeks and know that I have at least once if not more, thanked you for a post. Please don't think my reply here has any other meaning than trying to understand the purpose and meaning of it.

I read the title of your post as having an emphasis on a doctorappointment. Perhaps that isn't the intent. Anyway, it's all good from my end, okay? No hard feelings here.

I am taking the source and the article this came from with a grain of salt as I believe this was the same article that indicated Terri's longtime friendship with Desiree that supposedly began before Kyron was born and Desiree refuted this? So other things may be less than correct as well.

~snip
From my perspective, I am interested in finding out what information is confirmed with KH's doctors appt. It does seem like a good reason for the school not to be worried with KH's absence.
~snip.

I think it's an interesting topic, and I hope you don't delete the thread. In generic terms, I think several people have established that there are plausible reasons for 1) paperwork needing to be filled out a week in advance of a doctor appointment and 2) the paperwork not needing to have the appointment date on it.

I think this thread is useful for exploring how this misunderstanding occurred .

I think we can all agree (I hope) that whoever took Kyron benefitted from this misunderstanding, and it ties in directly to whether or not the person who took Kyron was counting on having this large cushion of time or if he/she/they thought time was of the essence because he/she/they didn't know such a misunderstanding was in the mix.

As a teacher, I have done paperwork for children in my classroom related to a doctor's appt. The paperwork has never indicated a date.

Apparently some teachers on here mail it directly to the doctor, but I have not done that with doctor's info requested by a parent.

Sometimes I have been sent info to fill out from social security or different agencies such as those that provide mental health services.

With those, I send them back to the agency. I do not give them to the parent. I cannot remember if those have a return by date or not.
Ok, I see the problem. I thought this was just in reference to a note or other parental notification that the child was going to be leaving the school for any type of appointment. The date would be the critical piece of information in that type of paperwork because it alerts the teacher as to when the child will not be in school. When my kids were in school, I would pre arrange their absences by note or phone call.
I guess I am not understanding what kind of paperwork this was and that is why this whole angle does not make sense to me.
Thanks Human.

Maybe SM mentioned the dr's appt. to buy more time for herself.
Also, why did both parents go to the bus that evening to meet Kyron? Was that usual? I think the SM wanted the dad there as a witness to her fake act of being surprised he wasn't on the bus.

I don't see how this thread can go beyond the statement of the friend that the SM gave the teacher paperwork (which is 2nd hand infoo already) or statements about the SM supposedly yelling across a crowded room about an appointment (again, 2nd hand info).

I don't see how any of this can be linked or proven unless a parent or LE steps in and gives out info.

I do know that I have taken my children out ofschool numerous times for doctor and dentist appointments, at different schools, and have never had to provide paperwork. My point being, that based on what the teacher below is stating, I can't see how this thread can be contained and kept away from speculation as to why there was paperwork to begin with. Glad I'm not a mod.

It's my impression that the date of the appointment was communicated orally, and the "paperwork" was not a school form, but a questionnaire from the doctor for the teacher to fill out, and there would not be any need to have the date of the appointment on the form.

If it was a form from the doctor's office, i.e. for the purpose of gathering information about a child's behavior/symptoms in the school environment, then it makes sense to me that such a form would be given to a teacher well in advance of the actual doctor appointment in order for the teacher to have time to fill it out.

Just my impression.

A questionnaire about Kyron for the doctor? Oh man I missed that completely. I get it now.

OK since I am obviously having trouble with this whole concept LOL, can someone walk me through why this is suspicious or odd?
If she gave her paperwork for an appointment, it obviously was not that day right? So it would be pretty remote for the teacher or anyone else to think that he was gone for an appointment and the statement was that it the appointment was on the 11th.
I don't get what you guys are driving at. help!

Or it could simply be that on weekends where Kyron was to go to his biomom's it was normal to meet him at the busstop together and take him out for ice cream before he left.

I share my children with my ex, and on the weekends they are to go with him, my fiance makes a point to be there when I pick my children up from school or practice, and we often take them for fast food or ice cream, which I rarely ever do- just because it's a little treat we get to share with them before they go.

But, that's a different thread.

The two second-hand accounts of any mention of a doctor's appointment don't sound to me like a very good way to 'buy more time' at all. If so, SM really likes gambling.

Maybe SM mentioned the dr's appt. to buy more time for herself.
Also, why did both parents go to the bus that evening to meet Kyron? Was that usual? I think the SM wanted the dad there as a witness to her fake act of being surprised he wasn't on the bus.

I don't see how this thread can go beyond the statement of the friend that the SM gave the teacher paperwork (which is 2nd hand infoo already) or statements about the SM supposedly yelling across a crowded room about an appointment (again, 2nd hand info).

I don't see how any of this can be linked or proven unless a parent or LE steps in and gives out info.

I do know that I have taken my children out ofschool numerous times for doctor and dentist appointments, at different schools, and have never had to provide paperwork. My point being, that based on what the teacher below is stating, I can't see how this thread can be contained and kept away from speculation as to why there was paperwork to begin with. Glad I'm not a mod.
I think posters are just trying to discuss the possibility that the reported appointment has relevance to Kyron's disappearance.

OK since I am obviously having trouble with this whole concept LOL, can someone walk me through why this is suspicious or odd?
If she gave her paperwork for an appointment, it obviously was not that day right? So it would be pretty remote for the teacher or anyone else to think that he was gone for an appointment and the statement was that it the appointment was on the 11th.

Glad I'm not alone in my wondering...lol...I have been thinking the same thing. How did the Teacher mistake Kyron's absence for a Doctor's Appointment on 6/4/10 if she had just received the paper work needed for that appointment that same morning?

Something's not right with this scenario...hopefully we can get clarification. ;)

So help me is the friend the only one who has stated this about SM giving the paperwork to the teacher on that day? And did she say it was that day?

Speaking in generalities here, so it is hard to be specific and get the point across.

Certain kinds of doctors need input from a teacher and parents. The teacher is given paperwork to fill out related to how the child functions in school. It is a questionnaire. The questions asked require the teacher to answer how many times a day certain things may occur during the day.

For example, and this is really paraphrasing, "The child eats unusual objects or chews on clothing."

There are many questions.

Then there is a blank spot where the teacher can add any other comments.

I have been given this type of form days in advance of an appointment, and I have been given this type of form the day before an appointment, and I have been given the form the morning of said appointment.

As a teacher, I feel that I am a public servant, so I fill the form out even if it means staying after hours to fill it out, do it right then and there, or bring it home so that I can get it back to the parent in time.

There has been a "rumor" that the teacher misunderstood and thought that the appt was for June 4.

We do not know the truth of any of this.

I have been a teacher for almost 30 years, so I am familiar with the types of forms that need to be filled out by a teacher and given to a doctor, either via a parent, or via the mail.

Have we heard from the teacher anything about this paperwork?

It's important because it speaks to opportunity.

If Terri told the teacher that Kyron would be absent Friday, then, when he was indeed absent, Ms. Porter didn't get upset when Kyron was not there. She expected him to be gone. His stepmother told her that he had a doctor's appointment.

When Kyron was found missing, then Terri said that she didn't mean THIS Friday, but next week.

It demonstrates that quite possibly, the parent caused premeditated confusion and plausible deniability ("I TOLD her next Friday, but she's a 'new teacher' plus she's hard of hearing--so she just didn't understand) to buy time for Kyron to be taken, possibly killed, and his body disposed of, when nobody knew that he was even missing.

It bought time and provided opportunity and cover.

So help me is the friend the only one who has stated this about SM giving the paperwork to the teacher on that day? And did she say it was that day?

and additionally why is that suspicious or would lend itself to nefarious purposes?

Speaking in generalities here, so it is hard to be specific and get the point across.

Certain kinds of doctors need input from a teacher and parents. The teacher is given paperwork to fill out related to how the child functions in school. It is a questionnaire. The questions asked require the teacher to answer how many times a day certain things make occur during the day.

For example, and this is really paraphrasing, "The child eats unusual objects or chews on clothing."

There are many questions.

Then there is a blank spot where the teacher can add any other comments.

I have been given this type of form days in advance of an appointment, and I have been given this type of form the day before an appointment.

As a teacher, I feel that I am a public servant, so I fill the form out even if it means staying after hours to fill it out or bring it home so that I can get it back to the parent in time.

I have been a teacher for almost 30 years, so I am familiar with the types of forms that need to be filled out by a teacher and given to a doctor, either via a parent, or via the mail.
Oh I totally understand about that type of paperwork, I have a son on an IEP and all that, I just didn't realize that is what we were dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member