GUILTY LA - Jackson Attuso, 8, stabbed to death, West Feliciana Parish, 10 June 2010

Who knew this was coming????
not guilty by reason of insanity???

GMAB

the video games and music videos made me do it.

just sickening. Wonder what it must feel like as a parent to know you've raised a coldblooded killer? That must be a heavy heavy burden to wake up and shoulder every day.

just sickening. Wonder what it must feel like as a parent to know you've raised a coldblooded killer? That must be a heavy heavy burden to wake up and shoulder every day.

I think all parents start out with a tiny little baby who is full of hope & promise. I do not believe most parents start out to "raise a coldblooded killer".

Now that being said has anything come out about how the "murderer" was raised by his parents?

I believe that in the struggle of "nature vs. nurture", nature will when out everytime.

I've seen reports of how great a kid TR was. I've seen reports he was a good student that never got into trouble.

But, being a local, I can tell you I've heard different. I can't provide links and I will have to say it's rumor/small town talk...but, I've heard from several people he was just short of being kicked out or was kicked out of his local public high school. That he changed schools fairly recently. That he was a troubled kid.

Now, I'm not blameing his parents, but it makes me wonder how much they knew about his troubles or how much was swept under the rug.

He lived in the Bluffs, so that tells me he comes from money. Is he just a spoiled rich kid whose parents "fixed" things for him?
Or, did his parents try their best and just could not handle his problems?

I have to beleive they knew he had issues.

Thanks for the heads up, Kimberly.

Hopefully, the media will do some digging and help find out more about Trevor.

I, myself, have been looking through all comments on every news story I can find. In the past, I have found a wealth of information is shared by people who actually know perps.

it is his only defence, his problem will be if he was not in treatment or had been diagnosed with a recognised mental health diagnosis pre the murder, or his behaviour was such that it was obvious he had mental health problems, not just bad behaviour but behaviours that are outside the norms, the prosecution will say he is now saying he has mental health issues that reach the level where he can be not guilty by reason of insanity but pre the murders he appeared fine

an insanity defence rarely works, it will be interesting to see what comes out pre trial and at the trial

it was such a random attack, an horryfying attack and he apparently made no attempts to escape so I will sit on the fence until I hear more

I think all parents start out with a tiny little baby who is full of hope & promise. I do not believe most parents start out to "raise a coldblooded killer".Now that being said has anything come out about how the "murderer" was raised by his parents?

I believe that in the struggle of "nature vs. nurture", nature will when out everytime.

I am not sure how my post conveyed an accusation against the parents. I have read next to nothing about this case and have no knowledge that they set out to "raise a cold blooded killer".

Sorry if you took my post to mean the parents had done anything wrong. I must not have been clear in expressing my thought. Simply stating that as a parent, I cannot imagine how painful it must be to walk in their shoes and I feel for any parent in that position as it must be just awful to wake up to that knowledge every day. I do agree with you (BBM) that parents start out with this tiny little bundle of hopes, aspiriations and dreams. Just feel badly for the parents for whom it all went terribly awry somehow.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/98086794.html

The court also may order the panel of doctors to determine Reese’s current mental capacity to proceed with his defense.

The law requires at least two, but not more than three, persons licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana serve on a sanity commission. One of them must be a psychiatrist, unless one is not readily available and a clinical psychologist is substituted.

snipped

The defendant also has a right to be examined by his own medical expert, and Unglesby said after court that “we already have doctors.”

snipped

Reese’s parents, accompanied by two other people, attended the hearing, as did two friends of the Attuso family and an attorney for the Attusos

BBM

Well, of course they do :rolleyes:

http://felicianas.wafb.com/

The teen's lawyer said the case has never been about what happened, but why it happened.

"The last time we hadn't had evaluating done," said Lewis Unglesby, Reese's attorney. "Tests done, appeared something wrong. Now, more focused and medically diagnosed."

While doing a search this morning for any news in this case, I came across this link when I googled. But, when you go there, the article has been removed.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...tle=Insanity-plea-for-teen-accused-of-killing

Insanity plea for teen accused of killing
who was 16 when Jackson "Jack" Attuso of Clinton was killed June 10. Court papers say a search of his home found DVDs of "Dexter," a cable TV series about a serial killer who kills other killers. The warrant ...
Houma Courier · 9/13/2010

Ok, looks like I found another article from the same day that might have the same info as the deleted article.

Link: http://www.katc.com/news/insanity-plea-for-teen-accused-of-killing/

Snipped: ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (AP) - A state judge has ordered a
psychiatric examination of 17-year-old accused of stabbing an
8-year-old boy and slashing his throat.
District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla says the case is on hold until
that is in.

Also Snipped:

Court papers say a search of his home found DVDs of "Dexter,"
a cable TV series about a serial killer who kills other killers.
The warrant application says the youth walked up to construction
workers on June 10, asked them to call 911, and said he had just
stabbed someone. It says that when asked why, the youth said,
"Because he was the first one there."
Unglesby is not seeking bail.

Thanks for the update, Kimberly. I was just thinking about this case the other night. The insanity defense comes as no surprise. The lawyer has to earn his fee. All I can say is, good luck with that.

Ok, looks like I found another article from the same day that might have the same info as the deleted article.

Link: http://www.katc.com/news/insanity-plea-for-teen-accused-of-killing/

Snipped: ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (AP) - A state judge has ordered a
psychiatric examination of 17-year-old accused of stabbing an
8-year-old boy and slashing his throat.
District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla says the case is on hold until
that is in.

Also Snipped:

Court papers say a search of his home found DVDs of "Dexter,"
a cable TV series about a serial killer who kills other killers.
The warrant application says the youth walked up to construction
workers on June 10, asked them to call 911, and said he had just
stabbed someone. It says that when asked why, the youth said,
"Because he was the first one there."
Unglesby is not seeking bail.

~above BBM~

First of all, thank you Kimberly for the info on this case. Like bessie, I was thinking about it recently as well.

I am astonished by the quote bolded above. Is it as simple as that? I think this young man has some deep seeded rage/anger inside him. How could he be so flippant about a human life to state such a thing? I guess I'll never understand the evil forces that drives a person to kill.

MOO

wm

I love the show Dexter. I do not see how this show could have anything to do with why this kid did this. The show is about a blood expert guy who kills killers that get away with what they have done. He goes after the really bad guys. This kid attacked an innocent child who did nothing wrong.

I personally do not believe watching tv and playing video games makes someone a killer. My kids do both but we also spend a lot of time with our children doing other things such as hunting, camping, fishing, movies, skating, football, and baseball games.

And, it has since been reported, he was riding between 2 groups. So, in theory, he would have been safe. Not ahead of everybody, and not behind everybody.

And, he would have been, if not for the guy who jumped out of nowhere and killed him.

Poor baby.

I'm not really seeing how the 16 year old got to the boy, if there were adults on either side.

Also, wouldn't they have jumped off their bikes and at least stopped the stabbing?

Just trying to understand.

I'm not really seeing how the 16 year old got to the boy, if there were adults on either side.

Also, wouldn't they have jumped off their bikes and at least stopped the stabbing?

Just trying to understand.

I believe they were in a vertical line, not riding next to each other. There was enough space in between that there was no time to prevent the stabbing.

Yes they were in a verticle line. He had someone ahead of him and someone behind him. He should have been perfectly safe.
This trail is in a VERY upscale subdivision that goes around a golf course.
Not much you can do when a maniac jumps out and stabs and slashes a child. Mom (who is a dr) was there in a matter of a couple of minutes and tried to save him but could not.
I can't imagine.

Blood on suspect's knife and clothing linked to victim

http://theadvocate.com/home/329055-79/suspects-blood-clothing-linked-to.html

July 13, 2011

ST. FRANCISVILLE - Bloodstains on a box cutter and clothing taken from the teenage suspect in the throat-slashing slaying of an 8-year-old boy are linked by DNA analysis to the victim, according to State Police crime lab reports.

West Feliciana Parish prosecutors turned over the lab reports and other material Friday to the attorney for Trevor Reese, 17, who is accused of first-degree murder in the June 10, 2010, death of Jackson “Jack” Attuso, of Clinton.

The victim’s DNA was found on a blood-stained box cutter - a type of knife designed to open cardboard boxes - that witnesses said Reese dropped when he told them he had stabbed someone.

The slaying occurred on a recreational trail in The Bluffs on Thompson Creek, where Reese lived. The victim was riding his bike on the trail with mother, brothers and family friends.

The boy’s blood also was found on clothing Reese dropped or was wearing, as well as on a knife sheath found on the trail, according to crime lab reports.

...(Judge) Carmichael ruled, without objection, last month that Reese is competent to stand trial, but the ruling does not address his mental condition at the time of the slaying.

Reese’s appearance in court Friday was his first in a year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back