LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a thread for Hillary somewhere? If not where would one be started?

If the 2 cases are connected, it sort of has a craig's list feel to it...or maybe the jenning's cases...JMO.

Cocomod - You are so right. They don't want a family jumping to conclusions believing it is their loved one when it may not be, so some details have to be kept close.

People were already doing that because of the mention of the piercings, so not mentioning tattoo's doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe with the condition of the body, the tattoos weren't easily discernible? Prayers from Lafayette for Jaren and her loved ones.

Dismemberment when committed by a husband or SO serves to delay or prevent identification, or for ease in disposal. Most serial killers don't take the time to dismember, they don't need to. There was that case in NOLA where a man dismembered his girlfriend in their apartment....

I have another opinion about this degree of dismemberment, related to convenience and/or transportation.

I have no desire to further disturb family and friends, so I'll leave it at that.

it bugs me too Knox.. like BADLY bugs me.

It's humanly impossible for me to agree more strongly.

I find this especially disturbing when a case involves a missing child.

No one has been able to justify to my satisfaction why some cases get blanket media coverage and some don't warrant so much as a mention.

Sad social commentary.

her tats would still have been visible imhoo.. esp if piercings were which are closer to the epidermis...

I think LE was going off the cuff last night and gave what was easiest to state to the media (3 piercings) vs trying to describe tatts which are all different and almost need a photo to go along with the description.

I can imagine they (LE as well as first responders) were all pretty much in shock after finding a torso on the beach... it is amazing that we even got the piercing/age details last night imhoo.

People were already doing that because of the mention of the piercings, so not mentioning tattoo's doesn't make sense to me.

Tattoos are very, very specific. Piercings are pretty common.

I don't think either detail should have been released.

Revealing the piercings would put some minds at rest, knowing it was NOT their loved one...I see a purpose in revealing some details.

pretty hard to consider that this torso may not have been found were it not for this very intentional dregding.

torso + linked to NOLA: leads being tracked down in the city

Hancock County officials have told WDSU that a case involving a woman's torso, discovered on the beach in Bay St. Louis, is linked to New Orleans.

Now, investigators are now tracking several leads down in the New Orleans metro area, said Hancock County Chief Deputy Don Bass.

The victim had been decapitated and dismembered, Bass said, leaving only the torso to wash ashore early Thursday evening.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news.../14745798/-/b2kv56/-/index.html#ixzz1xEv83rVK

It seems too coincidental for two women to both have (possibly) been murdered who at one time worked together at the same club...someone may be stalking the clubs and following girls home, getting a fix on their routines, etc...

pretty hard to consider that this torso may not have been found were it not for this very intentional dregding.

Not sure if she was found under the area dredged or right on top, but considering she has only been missing since Tuesday, if that's this week, I can't imagine she would be under the material that fast.

Tattoos are very, very specific. Piercings are pretty common.
I don't think either detail should have been released.

bbm. The piercing details in this article: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ans/-/12537462/14745798/-/b2kv56/-/index.html are pretty darn specific. So if the boyfriend has been notified of that, it seems like he would know right away whether it was her. Of course, he may have positively identified that but they have to wait for confirmation before announcing.

eta: resqx beat me to it.

I'm thinking she never made it to the cab in the first place, which means her boyfriend was the last to see her. I don't know much about currents, if she died on the 5th and washed ashore on the 7th where was she put in the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member