LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If investigators have definitely linked the torso to New Orleans then they already know who she is. I'm sure we will find out soon.

If it is the same killer of both women from the club, then he has really changed his MO. Wasn't Hillary left in her apartment? But I guess he could not do that with Jaren, because her boyfriend was there with their child. That was hard to type. :rose:

Not sure how reliable this source is, if inappropriate please delete. I lived in South Miss for 8 years and never heard of this website, but it may have started after I left.

"New Orleans Police have been searching for 22-year-old Jaren Lockhart, who disappeared on Tuesday, after leaving her home on Tulane Avenue. Coroner Jim Faulk said "preliminary information shows" the female torso in Bay St. Louis "may be the same person" missing from New Orleans."
http://www.bayoubuzz.com/louisiana-...s-beach-may-be-missing-n-o-woman-says-coroner

not her:
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/08/10/womans-torso-discovered-gulf-coast-beach-ar-3941218/
and not her:

there are three missing (with two of them already ruled out :-(

Three young women from the Gulf South area are currently missing: Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Jaren Lockhart from New Orleans and Brittany Nicole Wood from Alabama.
http://www.wafb.com/story/18738953/police-torso-not-that-of-missing-lafayette-woman

Sadly, dismemberment's are becoming more common these days. Think Lauren Giddings, Laura Ackerson and oh Lord, more names are escaping me at the moment.

Melanie McGuire-husband in luggage off of NJ coast.

Dismemberment when committed by a husband or SO serves to delay or prevent identification, or for ease in disposal. Most serial killers don't take the time to dismember, they don't need to. There was that case in NOLA where a man dismembered his girlfriend in their apartment....

I know! I haven't been able to find one either. That is crazy.
I've been googling to see if I can find an article on her death and have not found one yet, just other stuff.

Is there really no news story of her death?
icon9.gif

Hard to believe what we humans are capable of.

Still waiting for a confirmation, not just a 'maybe'. I wonder if the tattoo's were not readily apparent. Otherwise, why not mention them?

Goodness me, this world is a scary place.

Whoever di this was hoping an ID wopuld not be so quick. If this is Jaren lets pray they find this sicko quick and get them off the streets fast. Before they strike again

I have read inbetween meetings today, but was unable to follow last night because of baseball. Unfortunately, when I read about the torso, I immediately thought that this might be Jaren. :cry: I hope that they identify the remains soon.

Praying for her family and friends right now as they deal with the unimaginable.

I know! I haven't been able to find one either. That is crazy.

It has always bugged me that some cases get so much media exposure, and others barely a mention. It's not like one person's life is more valuable than another, no matter the financial or social position in life.

I think it is highly possible that they didn't mention the tatoos being on the body in the original article because they did not want friends/family to determine that it was Jaren prior to official identification and notification to family.

Oh my! This isn't looking good for Jaren at all. Prayers for her family and friends while they wait for news and especially for her precious baby girl!!!!

Cocomod - You are so right. They don't want a family jumping to conclusions believing it is their loved one when it may not be, so some details have to be kept close.

It has always bugged me that some cases get so much media exposure, and others barely a mention. It's not like one person's life is more valuable than another, no matter the financial or social position in life.

it bugs me too Knox.. like BADLY bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear