GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they were on a fishing boat. That is one of the only places i can think of that would have the proper tools and space necessary to dismember someone.

I have considered that theory. I think it's difficult for some people to imagine that the dismembering was not some sort of thrill for the killer. It's entirely possible that the person only did it to conceal the crime and/or dispose of her. One thing that is clear is that this was not some wealthy man and his wife. These two aren't sharp dressers. They're not looking to impress. They're walking through the door on business.

Living on the coast in Texas and having been to LA many many times, I can tell you that the way they are dressed indicates a working person, someone in a trade like plumbing, tree trimming, fishing, etc. And of course, that is a generalization and 'profile,' but it does seem to be the norm from what I have experienced. It gets super hot and humid here in the summer - affordable cool clothing comes in the form of a tank top, shorts, a cap and tennis shoes or flip flops for 6 or 8 months out of the year. Nicer fabrics like linen and cool cotton button up shirts aren't on the radar.

I wonder if they were on a fishing boat. That is one of the only places i can think of that would have the proper tools and space necessary to dismember someone.
There are also fishing camps.

That may be the case, but it was extremely ineffective in this case... which implies that the dismembering/disposal was done in an extreme hurry (and there may be an extremely gory room somewhere reflecting that haste) and without much planning and forethought.

I'm trying to imagine not planning this crime in advance. Say I'm with someone and they die accidentally. I panic!!! My options: Call 911 (but if it's drugs I'll get in trouble). So, I could hide the body where it will never be found (a swamp, bayou, woods). OR.....I could chop it up in pieces and put it in the water. Now I KNOW which one I would not choose. It takes a "special" kind of person to chop someone up. Could any of us envision doing this to someone?? And then to say it's an afterthought - sorry, it just doesn't ring true to me.

lol...i am ;)

even more evidence that they are local. I don't typically just wear whatever I was wearing when I mowed the lawn for a night out on the town, and they weren't there to throw money down, they were there to pick someone up that they knew (my opinion, of course). would be nice to see JL's facebook friend's list and try to match some faces.

I'm trying to imagine not planning this crime in advance. Say I'm with someone and they die accidentally. I panic!!! My options: Call 911 (but if it's drugs I'll get in trouble). So, I could hide the body where it will never be found (a swamp, bayou, woods). OR.....I could chop it up in pieces and put it in the water. Now I KNOW which one I would not choose. It takes a "special" kind of person to chop someone up. Could any of us envision doing this to someone?? And then to say it's an afterthought - sorry, it just doesn't ring true to me.

If someone dies accidentally, would you stab them in the chest and/or back?(<- depending on what paragraph you're reading)

I'm thinking not accidental death.

Thanks for bolding that part Knox. We DO NOT KNOW whether these people are in danger, whether they were witnesses to the abduction, or whether they are the perpetrators.

Until I know more, I am not about to cast thousands of stones that might boomerang back to my face. Lots of folks on the DeJerinett case recently had to swallow some humble pie after going for the jugular of an elderly gentleman who was a loving caregiver and was murdered along with two beautiful twins.

It is possible LE is saying this in order to reel them in. Like calling someone a POI rather than a suspect.

People do just that all the time (relatively speaking). Particularly in a panic, judgement gets clouded. I could see where the perp might think chopping up a body and throwing it in a water might invite predators to dispose of the evidence..... just didn't happen to work out that way.

even more evidence that they are local. I don't typically just wear whatever I was wearing when I mowed the lawn for a night out on the town, and they weren't there to throw money down, they were there to pick someone up that they knew (my opinion, of course). would be nice to see JL's facebook friend's list and try to match some faces.

I don't think they're dressed unusually for a weeknight visit to an establishment where they are known. They don't look dirty.

What am I missing?

It is hard to understand why it was necessary to remove her hands and feet if it was just for disposal or transport purposes.

That's a good point. It's difficult to put yourself in their mindset. For all we know, it very could have been a copycat of Luca Magnotta.

I don't think they're dressed unusually for a weeknight visit to an establishment where they are known. They don't look dirty.

What am I missing?

I didn't mean to imply that they look dirty, but rather they they look as if they were wearing whatever it is they were wearing for the rest of the day, and it was a place they were known (in other words, i agree)

Has an actual video been released or just the still shots?

If someone dies accidentally, would you stab them in the chest and/or back?(<- depending on what paragraph you're reading)

I'm thinking not accidental death.

but last i read theyre saying they either dont know cod or arent releasing cod.

GRAPHIC warning!

There's one case (and this is the only one I can think of..and I will have to search my memory banks for her name), where a female went to a 'friend's' apartment to do drugs. She OD'd. He was a butcher by trade in the past. He did dismember her, and her brother found her torso in a suitcase nearby. He had the head in his closet in a container. He was an older man, had cancer, had fentanyl patches and drugs (which is what she OD'd on), and finally admitted it to LE and showed them the closet door.

For Jaren, the stab in the chest or back does not indicate this was an accidental OD to me.

but last i read theyre saying they either dont know cod or arent releasing cod.

Right. But they did say she was stabbed. So...would you stab someone who'd died accidentally?

I guess if you'd dismember them, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member