LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public libraries are a good place to post the fliers.
Asking the librarians and the regulars there about the car would be very beneficial in my opinion. The security guards might know from walking the parking lot, as well as the maintenance crew.
I work at a predominantly black library where most of our patrons come to use the public computers because they do not have one at home.
Driver of the Olds might not know how scoped in he has become.

Ok, it's ok, I'm right there with ya. Tell me something, could this picture also be in the same area?

No, that's taken on St Landry Street. I'm about to repost the links to the videos Shelly and I took earlier today.

Sounds somewhat like agent Fox Moulder ha. I am a psychology major and also extremely interested considering other's perspectives, criminal profiling and whatnot. I watch alot of old 48 hours and Dateline mysteries. This case seems to have a resonating feel similar to a show such as this.

This may have been a crime of opportunity, but let's not overlook the likely sadistic act and the maliciousness of it. Whoever did this is dangerous and still out there. People who commit crimes like this are big risk takers and can likely strike again. IMO we must assume the worst possible suspect.

I agree, Billiam.. They hone their skills with each innocent victim devoured, & it is only a matter of time before they move on to their next innocent victim.
This is why it is critical that all information that can be shared with the American public by LE, via the media is released in a timely manner, IMO.

This picture is about a half mile away on a different street. However it is possible it drove there!

StreetcarRider,welcome.. How long have you been following criminal cases, and are they specific cases; abductions, etc?
I have been following abduction cases for a little over 4 years & researching effective investigation strategies.

Thank you for the welcome, Foxfire.

I came of age in the Pacific Northwest of the 80s/90s, so I've been following criminal cases and abductions as long as I can remember- probably since my early-to-mid teens. Up until last year, I spent all of my adult life in New York City. I've been fortunate enough to have access to research materials throughout my life, and I pretty much follow whichever cases catch my interest. Not necessarily abductions, but probably like most of you, I'm drawn by compelling narratives and a bit of mystery.

Your first paragraph is accurate.

Did you tell TES and/or your TL why you needed your phone? If so, what did they say?

I would have allowed any team member to carry it for emergency purposes. But if I saw anyone on their phone I would have halted the group, assuming an important call.

This is not a game. Someone has done something very bad to this girl, IMO.

TES and LPD are tight. They want people who are dedicated to finding Mickey and and any evidence. Those who can concentrate and not be distracted. Those who are healthy enough, know how to dress to search in places that bodies are known to be hidden. They don't want people that have attitudes .. that are on a power trip.

Unfortunately, they don't know how to find these good people without running the search the way they are .. without the rules they have.

I bet you would be a very good searcher. I'm sorry about your child with medical issues. That has to be very tough on you. I thank you, though, for trying. There are so many people who could help, but don't even try.

Thanks for your input. No, I did not talk to TES about it. I was searching before they became involved. I took a day off b/c of other obligations and fully planned to go back the next day,but that was the first day TES had taken over and I heard about the cell phone thing. Now, tonight I brought my kids to my parents for a few days so possibly, I will go back on Thursday IF they are back to using volunteer crews by then. CS supposedly said that on the news (I didn't hear) but I don't see anything online about it. I should have asked her when I messaged her Chicken Fried's flyer, but we exchanged a couple messages and I didn't want to take up much of her time.

Ok, I'm obviously a newbie...first posts written today so please bear with me while I ask this..Why have my posts been deleted? Everyone seems so nice on here and I sure don't think I broke any rules?

Your posts are probably further back in these threads than you think, because things are moving really fast. If you want to keep track of your older posts here is one way to do it. Find your most recent post, and click on your screen name. There will be a list of options. Click on " Find posts by FlamingoLady"

That way a page will come up that shows your past posts, and you can click on them individually to be taken back to that page.

If you ever do have one deleted by the mods, usually, they will send you a nice polite message explaining why it went poof. :angel:

No, that's taken on St Landry Street. I'm about to repost the links to the videos Shelly and I took earlier today.

Ok, good, because when I look at both these photos, I see similarities, and the one with the faint white truck in it, is also in the other one.

Attachments

• mickey3.jpg
    mickey3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 62
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
New thread coming your way in about two shakes of a lamb's tail. Stay tuned.

Public libraries are a good place to post the fliers.
Asking the librarians and the regulars there about the car would be very beneficial in my opinion. The security guards might know from walking the parking lot, as well as the maintenance crew.
I work at a predominantly black library where most of our patrons come to use the public computers because they do not have one at home.
Driver of the Olds might not know how scoped in he has become.

This also makes me think, again just my opinion, that someone other than the older gentleman that owns the car, was driving it at 2am! The registered owner would seem to be great place to start looking though...

Just thinking that if she took Versailles to St. John/St. Landry, there has to be more cameras on St. John that could have taken her pic like the school, many law offices, maybe even Johnston's Boucanaiere or maybe the St. John's Cathedral since it has historical status and is highly decorated.

I think he's local, too. If he lived out around Whiskey Bay, he would have comfortably gone way further down the road to dump the bike. Someone not from there would just get off on the exit, dump it, and then back on the freeway.

He may not be local, just familiar with the area. Perhaps someone who travels through the area or may have lived there in the past.

Chili Fries, Boudin, chicken fried -- I can't take it!

I want some food that's BAD!!!!!!!

Ok, good, because when I look at both these photos, I see similarities, and the one with the faint white truck in it, is also in the other one.

The still shot of Mickey makes me so sad. To know that she was innocently riding home and some creep took her away from her friends and family and is or has done something to her.

If one can only turn back the clock of time or foresee the future.

Shelly and Becky~

In your first video (with cute young son who shall remain nameless waving from the back seat) there is a bus that stops to pick people up/drop off at a stop--might be near the Circle K. I am wondering if the public buses run that late at night, and also if they have cameras inside?
If so, there might be a driver/passengers that witnessed something, or at least saw Mickey at some point.
Good pick up. I never take local buses but am willing to do with someone over the next few days. <modsnip>

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725[/ame]

Mickey has a thread here in the Missing Persons Information and Support thread forum.

Please, when you post a MSM link or a timeline in the topic forum, also post it at the link above. (No discussion is allowed there.)

I've been thinking (uh oh)~

If that Olds gets about 8 miles to a gallon, no one is really going to go cruising for trouble in it. That gets too expensive. There was purpose behind the wheel that night.
The bike dump way out there was to get that bike out of the area super duper quickly, and probably on the first day Mickey went missing. That's a heck of a lot of gas to burn just to dump some bike as trash.

BBM.
Hi charminlane,
That car was available with a diesel engine. There's a nearly mint condition one I walk by almost every day on my way to work. If it is a diesel, it probably gets almost 20 mpg.
I would think it would be easy for LE to track that car down via DMV records,
because as chickenfried pointed out, they weren't terribly popular. I wonder why we haven't heard any more about it.
Another thought, if that car was involved in Mickey's disapearance, and I were its owner I would dispose of it very quickly. It can't be worth more than a few hundred dollars. I know Lafayette is a "city", but most residences are freestanding houses, right? It could be stashed in a garage nearby, being painted, or even disasembled and hauled away piecemeal (my buddy Greg and I did that with a pickup once, so we wouldn't have to pay to have the junkyard to come and get it).
JMO

Two things really quick:
- I hung out with my friend who works Baton Rouge law enforcement today and he had not heard about Mickey. He isn't a patrolman (he does crime scene unit) but I still thought that was weird. I was very bothered by it. He wouldn't know, for example, to be on the look out for the car or Mickey (he is now- I told him all about it). I know her flyers are up in BR and on BR news, so I was shocked anyone wouldn't know, let alone someone who works in LE. He was also surprised that I seemed surprised that he didn't know.

- I didn't see the LPD press conference, but I was bothered by what I saw in the wonderful WSer's transcription. When he was asked if this was connected to the runaway girl, he said they hadn't been in contact with that agency and something like he wasn't familar with that case. I was pretty sure the reporter was asking him about the missing girl(s) from the last few months missing from Lafayette who are considered "runaways" by LPD (a WSer posted about this in one of the earlier forums). How did he not know what the reporter was refering to! I know and I don't work in LE or at LPD!!!

I am hoping they are thisclose to finding Mickey and nabbing a suspect and are doing this that question me (not more positively IDing the possible make and models of the car, the make-up brush incident a WSer posted about earlier in this thread, calling off the search, etc) because they are holding a lot close to the vest that will help find her & the perp, but these two things I posted above have me worried! How many cases have we followed where you think during week 2 or 3, "LE has more they aren't telling us, this case will be solved so soon" and then it ends up being many months and/or years later (Haleigh Cummings, Morgan Harrington, Holly Bobo, Adji, Lauren Spierer, etc) and we still have NO real answers?! I hope this case doesn't end up that way! I am hoping LE is doing what they are doing for a reason and will find Mickey and the perp (and soon). Bring Mickey home and bring the perp to Justice!

PLEASE CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION OF THE MICKEY SHUNICK CASE AT LINK BELOW:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7982609#post7982609"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #11[/ame]

crying as I write this. am in this neighborhood. walk this street where mickey is riding in this pci all the time. Thank you for putting the BOX around this. This boxed car looks like it is turning from parkside rt onto versaille. MS would have been taking a left onto versailles from parkside. That car could have seen MS ride up parkside and take a left onto Versailles. I think we have found our PERP! crying. that area is behind my house! That is why MS did not want to go continue on Parkside and went this weird route. I think she saw a car (this white vehicle) on parkside along the coulee and treid to play cool. THERE IS NO REASON FOR A CAR TO BE ON PARKSIDE at 2 am. There are no entrances to homes on parkside on the right where that vehicle is coming from. someone try to ID that car! That is it! There is no parking on parkside, no house from where that vehicle is coming from on the left or rt. There is a coulee on the rt. That vehicle saw Mickey and followed!

This has been my theory from the start. She was watched, the flashers on her bike were recognized, she was seen as she left BW's house and they were watching and knew who she was. They watched, stalked, and followed. They are from that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal