LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well her Fiance's Friend maybe correct. The news report, however, has LE Spokesman telling the Press- yes, it's Mickey Shunick related.- See link below.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/missing-mickey-shunick

I missed the snark if there was some, so no worries. (^_^)

And thanks.... I don't really watch/listen to/read anything from KLFY and hadn't seen anything else other than that post I referenced. I'm glad to be corrected, so thanks. I hate giving out information that's wrong, even if I don't know it is, ya know?

The damage to the bike (from what we know of it) seems to indicate the bike was possibly bumped, either intentionally or accidently. If someone were to steal the bike and wanted to dispose of it, they could have dumped it on a sidewalk and simply left it, rather than driving it that distance (I'm assuming they didn't ride it to Whiskey Bay, or how would they have left with no means of transportation?). IMO

Right. It would have been left in a neighborhood BFI container. I doubt anyone would have taken the time to bang it up, and then waste gas driving there, and then getting in a boat and submerging it.

That's just too much dang work if you ask me.

Only someone with something to hide would have gone to that much trouble.

LA

If any locals have been out to the bridge where they were searching again today would you post what you seen? Thank you.

Was there an actual search or was it just a training procedure, as it was yesterday?

I don't think so. She was already planning to move, and she had multiple pets- inlcuding a horse. Her family is here, and her bike which she was proud of- was tossed in a river. She had no reason to disappear.

Actually, there isn't that strong of a current near the bank. There is a stronger current in the middle. The pictures that were shown with a really strong current were taken last year when the Mississippi was in danger of overflowing the levees in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. To prevent that, they diverted alot of the Mississippi into the Basin- which includes the Whiskey Bay pilot channel.

If you look at Chicken Fried's pictures, the water is relatively calm. There was a fisherman there with his 12 year old daughter. The 12 year old had waded out pretty far, and the water was up to her waist. She would be swept away by a strong current.

There could possibly still be evidence in the water- maybe the backpack was heavy enough to sink, or perhaps they think the DWT may have somehow been dumped there (Though with the height of that bank I don't think so).
actually when water drops area near the bank is not much covered by water at all.....as when water drops it recedes from the bank.....so all that is really left Is the middle :)

Anyway, there's lots of other water all over Louisiana and for some reason they're searching in just that one place.....

I know her bike was found there but still seems like after a month of searching that area if there was anything to be found it would have been found by now...meanwhile as I said before lots of other water that hasn't been searched.

Was there an actual search or was it just a training procedure, as it was yesterday?

I am sure it was most likely a "training procedure", and if during the course of said the procedure they find something that might help

I am okay with that.

LA

Saw a show some time ago, I think on ID. It was about a young girl, possibly close to Mickey's age, who had disappeared. She was located in another state about 7 years later and refused any contact with her family. She wanted nothing to do with them!

It was a search. That statement has been updated today to say there was a continuing search going on.

There probably diving the waters for the back pack. Just guessing though.

Well her Fiance's Friend maybe correct. The news report, however, has LE Spokesman telling the Press- yes, it's Mickey Shunick related.- See link below.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/missing-mickey-shunick

Warning DWT comment:

I find it funny on that media page there is only one picture (in the links on the side of the page) of a DWT in front of the circle K, and it's the one with the truck facing the intersection.

Seriously if there was ONE thing I wish we could get clarified - it's the truck(s). :)

I missed the snark if there was some, so no worries. (^_^)

And thanks ... I don't really watch/listen to/read anything from KLFY and hadn't seen anything else other than that post I referenced. I'm glad to be corrected, so thanks. I hate giving out information that's wrong, even if I don't know it is, ya know?

Since Mickey's disappearance I've been compulsively checking news channels-Here, Lake Charles, Alexandria, New Orleans, Beaumont, Houston, Houma- I think I might be a tad obsessed.:kilroy:

Mods: So will we be allowed to ask ACI questions as we did before? Or will he not be able to really post any info at this point? I'm kind of scared to post anything at all now, for fear of haphazardly breaking one of the rules :/

As much as I'd like to answer anything that I can.....I'm afraid my ten foot pole won't even want to touch that right now. :hills:

It was a search. That statement has been updated today to say there was a continuing search going on.

There probably diving the waters for the back pack. Just guessing though.

I don't think they are diving for a backpack. If they find one, well, okay, but why dive for one? They already know that whoever ended up with her bike was there, i.e probably the person who took Mickey. I think they are trying to make sure she is not there, since it has been a month and she has not turned up anyplace else. But don't want to say that they are searching for her body.

In Sierra's case LE was diving for weeks, saying it was for "evidence" until we finally learned they had a suspect and were calling it murder, and had known this for quite a while.

LE just does not come out and say they are looking for bodies in missing persons cases, even when they are...

JMO

I lean more and more everyday to the idea that she left on her own and will come back when she is ready.

I said this to my husband last night: "People may abandon their friends, and they may abandon their family... but they do NOT abandon their horses!" I was only half kidding. There has been absolutely nothing presented that would indicate she is the type of person who would purposefully put her family through this ordeal. I also can't imagine that she would abandon all of her animals.

I think they should do a search from the ground or air out east.
Past the bridge and out and about in that area, maybe 25, 50 miles.
And look and see if they can find that one vehicle that they have not identified.
Or her back pack perhaps.

I speculate on the above based on what I have read and seen.
If any new details or change in information appears I will alter my
speculations.

I don't think they are diving for a backpack. If they find one, well, okay, but why dive for one? They already know that whoever ended up with her bike was there, i.e probably the person who took Mickey. I think they are trying to make sure she is not there, since it has been a month and she has not turned up anyplace else. But don't want to say that they are searching for her body.

In Sierra's case LE was diving for weeks, saying it was for "evidence" until we finally learned they had a suspect and were calling it murder, and had known this for quite a while.

LE just does not come out and say they are looking for bodies in missing persons cases, even when they are...

JMO

I think in the beginning they may have been looking for a body. But a month later there back searching for anything. Like the back pack. And if it was tossed into the center of the water, which I speculate was done with the bike, even though there are conflicting stories on that. They would have to dive to find it. Would not be able to look for it any other way. But its all just speculation on my part, I don't have many known facts about the case to come to something more conclusive. That is why I alter my speculations from time to time.

Since Mickey's disappearance I've been compulsively checking news channels-Here, Lake Charles, Alexandria, New Orleans, Beaumont, Houston, Houma- I think I might be a tad obsessed.:kilroy:

Likewise. Every morning I wake up and say to myself.. lemme go see how Mickey is today. :banghead: Heart broken for her family. I cannot get her off my mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I remember after Toni Sharpless disappeared from Philly, local police searched for her car in an area of the Schuylkill River and wound up finding at least 8 cars that had nothing to do with her disappearance. Who knows what LE have found in Whiskey Bay that may have nothing to do with Mickey but that they should check out in case it pertains to something else they should know about. Texas Equusearch helped with that search too and their sonar gave Philly area police a lot to check out.

JMO...I just don't think they would do a special dive for things like a backpack that may or may not be there...dives are dangerous and expensive. They dive for people and for weapons, mostly, and if they happen to find other things, so much the better. But what could they really learn from a backpack that had been in water for a month, that would be helpful? Not much, JMO...not enough to make special searches for it.

I think that training dives could be true to an extent but that having them dive where they also want extra eyes to search for Mickey would only make sense.

JMO

Speaking of the WB exit, I had an emergency stop there in the early 1990s and it is definetly not a place to be at night cuz its spooky enough in the daylight much less at night. I can see why people dump trash there altho there used to be "NO DUMPING" signs there. Can't figure why anyone would have a reason to go there except to fish.

Exactly. I cannot express to those not from around here how creepy the area is. It is basically an exit in the middle of a swamp. There would be no reason to go there except to fish and even then I can think of other places I'd rather go. That is why I stand by my idea that the perp chose WB exit for a reason. What that is, I haven't a clue. There are plenty of swampy areas closer to Lafayette and just as secluded, so what is the deal? There are even others off I-10.

I probably would have a panic attack if I ever had to emergency stop there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500