LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I saw dogs and LE searching by the Cajun Dome, and they had crime scene tape up..... Don't know if they found anything because they never said.

And THERE you have it!! At least LE is being consistant...

IMO
BBM
yada yada

http://www.katc.com/news/one-dead-in-taco-bell-parking-lot-shooting/
Lafayette Police are investigating a shooting that happened around 2:30am in the Taco Bell parking lot on Congress St.

It has been rediculous with all of the shootings and such. More people need to be aware of what is going on. It is just scary!:what:

Interesting. Just after Mickey disappeared there were several
Guys downtown who hit a guy & stole his gold necklace.when the cops got there they caught 4 guys beating a 36 year old woman for her purse. They got 1 guy but the others got away. The one arrested is from New Iberia where these 2 victims are from. I wonder if this was a crime to shut people
up although numerous scenarios are passing through my head.

If the body were weighted down in the water - maybe out in the middle of the lake/river/bay --- would the dogs still be able to pick up the scent?

Yes, the texas group of K-9 dogs are trained to pick up the scent of a human body decomposing under water. Quite fascinating they are. Also, another interesting fact is that that particular group uses Catahoula Curs among other dogs.

I am not certain, but I believe this photo was taken at the Harris-Teeter grocery store at Cameron Village, which is very close to where the incident allegedly took place. If you look closely at the floor tile, you can make out 'Harris' in the tile. That store is open 24 hours. If he bought something and didnt pay cash, I wouldnt think it should be too terribly hard to id him. JMO

This photo makes me think that NC LE tracked their suspect either to his next stop of back tracked his vehicle to see where he had been before hitting the victim. Wouldn't it be something if Laffy LE could do the same to find out where the DWT came from that night? Tying this vehicle back to something that will allow identification of the driver can't be impossible. Where did the DWT originate?

Interesting. Just after Mickey disappeared there were several
Guys downtown who hit a guy & stole his gold necklace.when the cops got there they caught 4 guys beating a 36 year old woman for her purse. They got 1 guy but the others got away. The one arrested is from New Iberia where these 2 victims are from. I wonder if this was a crime to shut people
up although numerous scenarios are passing through my head.

IIRC this is the same McDonalds that MS and BW went to the night she went missing.
Just coincidence I am sure, but strange, being they all were from New Iberia in both incidences.

JMO

The last I had seen on this case was the photo of her riding past just before the white truck did. Then learning they had found her bike...Thats the last update i ever seen .So what is all the talk about a photo and the light on her bike being the same as under a truck...people are en larginf the pic to see if u can see it ...and there had been names of people what names what people anything atfter finding the bike would be new to me what are the new details right now everyone is talking about there seems to be a few different things..can someone fill me in. I been reading and reading but I cant keep up i need help to get caught up what happend after they found the bike what are they looking at .what pics .people .evidence anything

no new evidence from what you've heard. what you are reading that is "new" is all just speculation.

I'm from NC. I agree with SteveP that Raleigh is not considered a college town at all. It's the capital of NC and one of the largest cities in NC, it doesn't revolve around the college that is located there like "college towns" refer to. However, any area around a college would have easy young female victims late at night for the most part. I am also of the opinion that MS case and this NC case are not related. There are unfortunately many rapists and gently hitting someone's bike it's rocket science. It's an easy way to get someone into your car. It's probably been done before. Or maybe it really was an accident and he just took advantage of the situation. I do think that all leads should be followed though and it should be looked into in relation to MS. I just believe that it's more likely that it's not related.

IMO there is no reason to believe that the same person who took Mickey is the person in the NC assault attempt...we don't even know if Mickie was taken by a group, or a woman, or a couple, for that matter.

Women (anyone alone, really) are vulnerable at 2am, IMO...even in a car, but much more so on a bike or on foot.

And we still have Mickey's bike out at WB, which to me says "local" to Lafayette.

No we don't cluciano63, and as you, I have followed many cases.
I honor your opinion but respectfully disagree due to the many parallels.
If the NC victim's characteristics/description is released, and she happens to be a petite blonde. Then I wil be confident of the probable connection, to not only Mickey Schunick, but others.. The Whiskey Bay bike dump may indicate jurisdictional awareness by the predator.
Isn't Whiskey Bay 27 miles from Lafayette and I-10E enroute to Raleigh, NC?

IIRC this is the same McDonalds that MS and BW went to the night she went missing.
Just coincidence I am sure, but strange, being they all were from New Iberia in both incidences.

JMO

May 5th someone I know was assaulted downtown after 2 AM by several guys.
May 18/19 Mickey & Brettly went to Taco Bell on Congress.
May 19th Mickey disappeared around 2AM
May 20th after 2 AM a guy and a lady were both assaulted and robbed downtown.http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/simple-robbery-arrest-police-still-searching-for-3-suspects/ One guy -- from New Iberia was arrested, the other 3 (from New Iberia?) got away.
7/1/12 Two males from New Iberia are shot, one killed, in the parking lot of the same Taco Bell that Mickey & Brettly went to.

I personally spoke to a detective about the possible
connection between the assault on 5/5 and Mickeys disappearance on 5/19 at Ryan St and was told the PD knew about these happenings downtown and didn't think there was any correlation.At the time I was not aware of the assaults that happened on the 20th.

It could be there is no correlation- maybe someone angry about a drug deal
or something, but coming right after someone shooting at a local funeral home is rather creepy.

May 5th someone I know was assaulted downtown after 2 AM by several guys.
May 18/19 Mickey & Brettly went to Taco Bell on Congress.
May 19th Mickey disappeared around 2AM
May 20th after 2 AM a guy and a lady were both assaulted and robbed downtown.http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/simple-robbery-arrest-police-still-searching-for-3-suspects/ One guy -- from New Iberia was arrested, the other 3 (from New Iberia?) got away.
7/1/12 Two males from New Iberia are shot, one killed, in the parking lot of the same Taco Bell that Mickey & Brettly went to.

I personally spoke to a detective about the possible
connection between the assault on 5/5 and Mickeys disappearance on 5/19 at Ryan St and was told the PD knew about these happenings downtown and didn't think there was any correlation.At the time I was not aware of the assaults that happened on the 20th.

It could be there is no correlation- maybe someone angry about a drug deal
or something, but coming right after someone shooting at a local funeral home is rather creepy.

And the funeral was for a man killed in the drive-by off of Simcoe that occurred during the week.

No we don't cluciano63, and as you, I have followed many cases.
I honor your opinion but respectfully disagree due to the many parallels.
If the NC victim's characteristics/description is released, and she happens to be a petite blonde. Then I wil be confident of the probable connection, to not only Mickey Schunick, but others.. The Whiskey Bay bike dump may indicate jurisdictional awareness by the predator.
Isn't Whiskey Bay 27 miles from Lafayette and I-10E enroute to Raleigh, NC?

I-10 does not come close to NC. It goes east to Jacksonville, Fl.

I think the "pretty blond" description is being taken a little far, personally. If there is a "bad guy" out and about at 2am, do you think he will bypass a pretty brunette, or a plain redhead, for instance? And only wait around to see if a pretty blond comes by?

In Lauren's case, if she was taken by a stranger, it is because she was there at 4am to be taken...same with Mickey, IMO. And even Morgan. In the other cases that have been brought up (Holly, Paige, Katelyn) I do not see any similarities in the circumstances.

IMO, predators takes who is available when they are in the "mood"...unless they are stalking a particular person, such as (in my opinion) Holly.

I-10 does not come close to NC. It goes east to Jacksonville, Fl.

Driving directions to Raleigh, NC

Lafayette, LA

1. Head east on W Vermilion St toward S Buchanan St

16 ft

2. Take the 1st left onto S Buchanan St

0.3 mi

3. Slight right onto W 3rd St

0.3 mi

4. Turn left onto SE Evangeline Thruway

0.1 mi

5. Continue onto US-167 N/​NE Evangeline Throughway

1.7 mi

6. Take the exit onto I-10 E toward Baton Rouge

56.3 mi

7. Slight left onto I-12 E (signs for Hammond)

86.2 mi

8. Merge onto I-10 E
Passing through Mississippi

Entering Alabama

103 mi

9. Slight left onto I-65 N (signs for Montgomery)

* aproximately 1, 000 miles to Raleigh, NC-Interstate all the way...

Hello to all you wonderful and caring people. I am/was a local during the LS case and
still ardently hope/pray/look for Lauren. I can't begin to say how many similarities, especially enhancement of the white truck, camera angles, PIs, and people who go right
to the edge of accusations, rumors, bad taste, etc. Thank Zeus you don't allow this on
this site. I am not sure everyone here knows, but during the LS case, someone went to jail for trying to drag LE through the mud, ironically it was during the period just like this when people started getting frustrated and this other site allowed her to rant unabated until she was arrested at her home.
MOO, at this point, it's all hypotheses:
If her bike is under the front of the truck, then I see her pulling herself up with both arms on the truck bed wall top, using the back right tire to brace her feet.
If she was abducted by someone she sort of knew, then it may have been someone who contacted her to buy her horse. Motivated by an offer to close the sale that weekend, she might have agreed to meet briefly on her way home.
The duo ideas that she had ads out there to sell a horse; and the fact that Brettly's
ex (estranged from him as a friend, or estranged from Mickey as a friend?) was also working/living at the stables, makes me wonder if anyone was setting her up with a horse buyer. keeping in mind she was prolly going to use the $$ to move away with her friend BW. What was motivating her to want to go w. BW the next morning before her bro's graduation to film her riding her horse?
If she was abducted by someone she sort of knew, it could also have been someone she or her sister encountered the night before. Charlie mentioned that a past boyfriend
may have confused them--if this past boyfriend was in fact at Artmosphere on May 18,
IMO he could be of big interest.
If she was abducted in the Saints neighborhood by someone she didn't know, then the perps could've faked an emergency situation. I don't think she would stop for less. A faux
bike wreck would be something she might stop for. (rumor of two riders in the vicinity, and Mickey motivated by kindness) So a trap could've been set in this manner.
Lots of ifs and thens. Hope I didn't break any codii. Ixchel

p.s. 1MT: Re Parc San Souci:Locals, was there any frisson beyween non-bikers and bikers at this park?
I've noticed that the biking community meets there and has a big presence there. Do
the car/truck people also cruise/meet at this park?

I think the "pretty blond" description is being taken a little far, personally. If there is a "bad guy" out and about at 2am, do you think he will bypass a pretty brunette, or a plain redhead, for instance? And only wait around to see if a pretty blond comes by?

In Lauren's case, if she was taken by a stranger, it is because she was there at 4am to be taken...same with Mickey, IMO. And even Morgan. In the other cases that have been brought up (Holly, Paige, Katelyn) I do not see any similarities in the circumstances.

IMO, predators takes who is available when they are in the "mood"...unless they are stalking a particular person, such as (in my opinion) Holly.

FYI-
Irony;

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1865938.html

Possible human bones found on Miss. River island in Dyer County
Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dyersburg, TN State Gazette

Possible human bones were found near the outreaching sandy beaches of Island No. 10 on the Mississippi River in Dyer County. The island is several hundred yards south of the Mississippi River bridge connecting Dyer County to Pemiscot County, Mo. Missouri authorities were notified of the find since there are several missing people from there, including Jacque Waller from Ste. Genevieve County. She has been missing for over a year and although her body has never been found, prosecutors filed a murder charge against her estranged husband, Clay Waller.
[Click to enlarge]The Dyer County Sheriff's Department is investigating a case in which alleged human bones were found on Island No. 10 at the Mississippi River.
Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated a person riding a four-wheeler on the island found a bone on Thursday afternoon and not knowing exactly what it was he contacted authorities. Box and his investigators went to the location and took possession of the bone and scoured the area to see if any more remains were around. Another bone was found close by and it too was collected.

Chief Investigator Terry McCreight stated the first bone that was found is believed to be a human femur, which is commonly referred to as the thighbone.

As much as I hate to bring up the DWT again, the video on youtube includes a bit by a car dealer who states that the bed of an "extended cab" Z71 is 6 1/2 feet long, whereas the bed of a "crew cab" Z71 is 5 1/2 feet long. Can any of you photoshop pros use some known size item in the picture to determine the length of the truck bed? Would narrow down the search quite a bit I would think. TIA.

>>
Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.
“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.<<

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

I know he said this, but, I tell you it blows my mind that in 2012 there any cell phones left like this. What kind can and can't be tracked, pinged, etc?

If the perp is a local of the area, couldn't he have simply gone from his property via boat, through the waters and dumped the bike that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled