LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my info the bicycle hasn't been located..

no i don't think it has. they had dive teams searching for it in a pond near where her body was found. it's a blue beach cruiser. they released a still of her on her bike. so sad. I wonder how close her route was to an exit off interstate.

As for dogs finding dead bodies in water, I swear there was a case where my Dad docks his boat where dogs DID help them find the body. There was a bad accident and one of the children's bodies was underwater and they couldn't locate it. News reported that dogs helped narrow down a specific area and then they found the poor baby 100 feet down. How is that even possible? I am assuming it would be possible for Mickey too, or was it a special case because they KNEW the body was there and just couldn't pinpoint the exact location?

:woohoo: Very informative; i learn something new everyday. :rocker:

oh my my!!!!! that's a LOT of violence. what is going on down there in lil' ol new iberia and lafayette?!!

drug related? - the taco bell stuff not mickey

I don't know. Could be or could be someone wants some people silenced.

Do you mean the taco bell that Mickey & BW went to the night she went missing? If so, yes it's the same taco bell.
Lafayette Police are investigating a shooting that happened around Sunday morn 2:30am in the Taco Bell parking lot on Congress St. Lafayette, LA
http://www.klfy.com/story/18925869/late-night-shooting

BBM: Yes that is what I said.:waitasec:
I had posted the link for the Shooting at Taco Bell on congress.:)

There are personality types that get an adrenaline rush by taking extreme risks that the rest of us would never consider taking. Someone on this board posted a while back that while they were in college they stopped on that bridge and they all got out of the car and danced in the street late at night. He said he realized they were taking a chance, but it must be possible.

That was me, and quite frankly, at 3AM, there are significant gaps in traffic. It is entirely possible (traffic-wise) for someone to stop and dump something over the side of the bridge, at that late hour.

Not asserting that this is the case with this specific event, but rather simply to say that it is entirely possible for someone to do so without being hurt. That said, with the exit only a few hundred feet away, it probably would make more sense to simply take the ramp, circle around, and make the dump at surface level.

That was me, and quite frankly, at 3AM, there are significant gaps in traffic. It is entirely possible (traffic-wise) for someone to stop and dump something over the side of the bridge, at that late hour.

Not asserting that this is the case with this specific event, but rather simply to say that it is entirely possible for someone to do so without being hurt. That said, with the exit only a few hundred feet away, it probably would make more sense to simply take the ramp, circle around, and make the dump at surface level.

Yes, it could be done, I agree. But if done, the only thing that would make sense to me would have been to drop from the crown of the bridge. You would have visibility of following traffic, and be assured of getting it into deep water. Dropping it just so, so that it lands just off the bank where it did, would not have been an easy feat at night, and then you have the danger of not being able to see back over the crown. Going down to the exit, as you say, is much simpler and more logical. Being seen by LE stopped on the bridge gets your plate checked and recorded, and then when the bike shows up, they check their records and you're busted.

no i don't think it has. they had dive teams searching for it in a pond near where her body was found. it's a blue beach cruiser. they released a still of her on her bike. so sad. I wonder how close her route was to an exit off interstate.

She worked pretty close to 95N that takes you up the east coast
and is a 7 1/2 hour drive to Raleigh NC

Yes, it could be done, I agree. But if done, the only thing that would make sense to me would have been to drop from the crown of the bridge. You would have visibility of following traffic, and be assured of getting it into deep water. Dropping it just so, so that it lands just off the bank where it did, would not have been an easy feat at night, and then you have the danger of not being able to see back over the crown. Going down to the exit, as you say, is much simpler and more logical. Being seen by LE stopped on the bridge gets your plate checked and recorded, and then when the bike shows up, they check their records and you're busted.
Is there any doubt at all that is was dropped or put right where it was found? Or is it possible it could have been dropped a bit upstream and drifted there or got hung up there?

IMO, I don't think it is reasonable to say if it would have been easy to ft in right in that spot from the bride or land or a boat unless we know for sure it was put exactly in that spot......and didn't move at all......in an entire week???
Highly unlikely imo
Moo

Is there any doubt at all that is was dropped or put right where it was found? Or is it possible it could have been dropped a bit upstream and drifted there or got hung up there?

IMO, I don't think it is reasonable to say if it would have been easy to ft in right in that spot from the bride or land or a boat unless we know for sure it was put exactly in that spot......and didn't move at all......in an entire week???
Highly unlikely imo
Moo

I dont think the bike moved more than 50 ft. from where it was put in the river. I was the one with the floating bike theory, but it wouldn't have drifted too far. The current was less than I expected, and the water shallower near shore. It would not have been thrown in from upstream from land, because the woods are too thick. Way too much work and no access. The access from the exit ramp is quick and easy. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could exit I-10, walk onto the bridge pillar, toss the bike, and be back on I-10 in four minutes flat, without being observed. I believe the bike was thrown off the back of the bridge pillar. The 6-ft. deep alcove in back and 10-ft. height above the channel allows one to toss an object out there a ways, with "reasonable confidence" that it won't be found - if one is not paying attention to/cognizant of the changing water level, that is.

The kind that has the battery out cannot be pinged. :)
Now my DH and one of my boys have phones that do not have an accessible battery so perhaps they would not have this issue? not sure.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to be clear on. So, if the battery was in the phone they could ping it. I am going to make sure all ours have the battery \that doesn't come out.

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_...st--case-featured-on-investigation-discovery/

"Bike Path Rapist" case featured on Investigation Discovery

'Concentric, bike path rapes are fairly common, imo'. We have had a few in GA.

However, a bump & grab of a victim on a bicycle using a vehicle & then using the preplanned ruse, is what makes the NC coed & Mickey's abduction rare, imo, possibly pointing to the same perp. The finess required in both the bump & the follow up ruse of closing the deal, would indicate that he is no stranger to the game.

This would also indicate an organized sexual predator, imo. He would have had to have rope or tie downs to secure the bike on top of the SUV in the NC attack. Who knows what other items were in his rape kit.

Your opinion is frightening ..... I believe that warrants my daughters and I learning about using a weapon and assessing which would be best to purchase. We would be armed if the need arises.:what::woohoo:

I dont think the bike moved more than 50 ft. from where it was put in the river. I was the one with the floating bike theory, but it wouldn't have drifted too far. The current was less than I expected, and the water shallower near shore. It would not have been thrown in from upstream from land, because the woods are too thick. Way too much work and no access. The access from the exit ramp is quick and easy. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could exit I-10, walk onto the bridge pillar, toss the bike, and be back on I-10 in four minutes flat, without being observed. I believe the bike was thrown off the back of the bridge pillar. The 6-ft. deep alcove in back and 10-ft. height above the channel allows one to toss an object out there a ways, with "reasonable confidence" that it won't be found - if one is not paying attention to/cognizant of the changing water level, that is.

I totally concur but of course it's just my honest opinion.
Thank for your thoughts. :great:

Well IMO 50 ft is a good ways. The 2 lanes of of highway going in each direction can't be wider than 50 ft. I really can't estimate the distance between two sets of roadway without like.....looking. anywho, I don't know how you know the precise spot where the bike was found but ill take your word for it that you know what you're talking about.

Do you think its possible that the bike wasn't hit by a vehicle at all but instead maybe intentionally damaged as to let the air out of the tire to make real sure that the air in the tire didn't cause it to float and drift. IMO the perp may have had a last minute thought to dent or bend the rim so that the tire wouldn't hold air and cause it to float or drift more easily? Or.was damage to the tire consistant with being definately hit by a vehicle?

I think the "pretty blond" description is being taken a little far, personally. If there is a "bad guy" out and about at 2am, do you think he will bypass a pretty brunette, or a plain redhead, for instance? And only wait around to see if a pretty blond comes by?

In Lauren's case, if she was taken by a stranger, it is because she was there at 4am to be taken...same with Mickey, IMO. And even Morgan. In the other cases that have been brought up (Holly, Paige, Katelyn) I do not see any similarities in the circumstances.

IMO, predators takes who is available when they are in the "mood"...unless they are stalking a particular person, such as (in my opinion) Holly.

I agree with you up to a point, but there are predators who seek out certain types of women. Most just seek out women in general, but there are a few who prefer a certain haircolor or body type.

Your opinion is frightening ..... I believe that warrants my daughters and I learning about using a weapon and assessing which would be best to purchase. We would be armed if the need arises.:what::woohoo:

Excalibur Jay, imo, awareness is the key, and you are obviously aware. This is the first step in arming yourself & your family..
I am a firm believer in 2nd amendment rights, yet in many, if not most abductions that I have researched. The predator has the element of surprise or will use a ruse to lower the guard and then gain control of their victim. This renders most weapons useless in the initial unsuspected attack.
Mickey Schunick, was armed with mace, yet is still missing 44 days later.

http://www.livesecure.org/category/advice/women/

BAU2 profiler Clint Van Zandt served with the FBI for 25 & was an abduction victim as a child. His site at live secure.org has some excellent abduction safety & prevention tips..

To whoever was asking about I10 searches....in the Eco-Logic video part 2 they say the I10 area has been searched by wildlife & fisheries.

I'll have to watch those videos, haven't had a chance yet. Did they mention if they went as far as Exit 135.....the Ramah exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.