GUILTY LA - Nicole Veade Jefferson, 31, Mandeville, 29 April 2012

askfornina, anything on local news? Searches, any leads yet? Friends speaking out?

askfornina, anything on local news? Searches, any leads yet? Friends speaking out?

I didn't see anything this morning, Knox. Not getting any local buzz, either. I talked to a friend who lives in Mandeville and she hasn't heard anything besides what's in the news. I have a couple of other sources I can check with later this evening.

If it were townhouses and mom lived right next door, did she have the kids that night? I like the above posters thoughts about maybe she went out to have a few drinks before work. Someone might of picked her up.....

If you have to get up at 2:00 AM (she had to start work at 3), would you go out for a few drinks in the evening? Maybe, but keep in mind where she works.

Yes! Knowing what she said to her Mom in that text would be helpful.

Thank you Bessie, look forward to any local updates.

We're getting more details, but it's still piecemeal and not in sequential order.

I think the reporter meant to say Nicole's van and keys. But at least we know her cellphone is missing, as Mom said she calls her but it goes straight to voicemail. Hopefully LE has already requested cellphone records and can look at calls and pings from that night.

STILL no mention of husband/father of the kids (pretty sure his name is Calvin). Can't search court records, gotta pay a fee
icon9.gif

I'm sorry I haven't read in depth. Are Nicole and Calvin estranged or do they live together? Do we know what their relationship is currently? Is his last name Jefferson?

I also wonder about the kids and her odd hours, does her mom watch them?

Do they stay back and forth because of the close proximity?

ok so the day she went missing is her birthday right?

The thing that bothers me is that she's a TSA agent. You have to be screened pretty heavily to get that job. So for me that translates into a fairly responsible person. I wonder how long she worked there? Has she always worked that shift?

Does she have many close friends?

Her mom needs to provide more info to the media and us sleuthers, j/k kinda

The thing that bothers me is that she's a TSA agent. You have to be screened pretty heavily to get that job. So for me that translates into a fairly responsible person. I wonder how long she worked there? Has she always worked that shift?

The issue with the TSA thing with me is that perhaps someone was after her uniform? I know, maybe kinda far fetched theory but the airport she worked at is a large international airport. Any chance it was her uniform and work ID that someone was ofter?

Have not been able to find a facebook for Nicole. But I did see a news comment from a man who says "she is on my team (at TSA) and we are all worried sick about her". The rest of the comments, have been on family member pages. Nothing personal is being said, just links to news stories and asking for prayers or people to look for her.

Pretty sure Her Mom said she has been with the TSA for seven years.

Hopefully more information will be released. I get the feeling there is no other parent living in the house. Otherwise, Connie would have mentioned that person and she would not have been the one to report her missing.

qyalnm.jpg

Found this pic on a private facebook page, so no link. But the person says she has ties to Houston, Dallas-Ft Worth and Lake Charles.

Just checked all of the local websites, doesn't look like they covered Nicole's story last night :(

http://www.thesttammanynews.com/news/article_c82f0ae4-96e5-11e1-9b02-0019bb2963f4.html

Above is the only update I could find on Nicole. Dated for today, just regurgitates facts which have already been stated.

Doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to find her. Which leads an observer to believe Nicole is voluntarily missing or that a critical detail is being left out of this story intentionally? However, if Nicole has been abducted/taken against her will, I am concerned that she is not getting the attention she deserves. This should be BIG NEWS, a Mother of four has disappeared!!! Everyone is saying this is out of character for her, where is the community concern and support? Why isn't LE giving media updates?

If any members of Nicole's family are reading here, I would encourage you to register at WS. This is the main discussion forum for missing person's cases, but we also have a support forum for families of the missing. There are many resources available. Connie, the media is your best hope in getting attention for Nicole. Call those reporters you spoke to previously and give them updates, ask them to keep her story out front. Missing Persons Information and Support - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I hope we learn more details today
icon9.gif

Nothing on the news tonight. :sigh:

ETA: Most likely unrelated, but posting anyway.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Body-found-in-Covington-150372715.html
St. Tammany Parish authorities are working to identify a woman's body found Sunday afternoon along Interstate 12 near Covington.

The identity of the body is unknown, but officials with the St. Tammany coroner's office said the body is that of a female, and is in an advanced state of decomposition.

Oh askfornina, my heart sank when I read that story!!

Is Covington near Mandeville? WWL is the only one covering this story so far.

ETA- I see it's only 12 miles from Mandeville to Covington and Interstate 12 lies in between. Hoping this is not Nicole : (

I know Calvin (post from a neighbor @ your link Bessie).

Who is he? Husband, ex, boyfriend?

I'm beginning to get frustrated with the lack of answers in this case
icon8.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member