GUILTY LA - Nicole Veade Jefferson, 31, Mandeville, 29 April 2012

There is surprising little coverage of this story. I am visiting New Orleans and the news is about Jazz Fest, termiste swarms, penalties for the Saints for their bounty stuff and the supermoon. But most reports of Nicole are 3 days old and updates are minimal.

The website associated with the major newspaper in the area only has one little blurb that I can find, that is 3 days old and has only 4 comments. It reports that "Sheriff's Office spokesman George Bonnett said investigators do not suspect foul play." What would they have based that comment on?

But in another report they say they don't rule anything out. Frustrating. They say so little and even what is said is confusing.

Praying that the body that was found isn't her.

ITA SwampMama! If I ever go missing in St Tammany Parish, all you WS'ers better come lookin' for me and investigate!

This doesn't look good. :( Knox, I'm pretty sure he's the ex-husband.

ITA SwampMama! If I ever go missing in St Tammany Parish, all you WS'ers better come lookin' for me and investigate!

You know we will. I was actually raised in Mandeville, not too far from where Nicole went missing. I know Mandeville well, though it has changed from a small town it used to be when I was born and lived there.

The lastest update on the body found is this :

"The identity of the body is unknown, but officials with the St. Tammany coroner's office said the body is that of a female, and is in an advanced state of decomposition.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office would not say whether foul play is suspected. A spokesman said the office would likely hold a press conference to discuss the case.
"

Hoping it isn't her. I wonder what constitutes an "advanced state of decomp" and could that happen in the short time as she has been gone?
We aren't in the worst of the Louisiana heat yet but it has been really warm here.

I will post an update is they do have a press release and it is on our local news at noon.

Update from the local tv news.........coroner is doing autopsy and expects to have identity and cause of death by this afternoon. It is a female. They say that the advance stat of decomposition would fit the timeline that she has been gone. This isn't looking good.

It was the lead story on the noon news.

Thank you SwampMama, waiting ...
icon9.gif

You know we will. I was actually raised in Mandeville, not too far from where Nicole went missing. I know Mandeville well, though it has changed from a small town it used to be when I was born and lived there.

The lastest update on the body found is this :

"The identity of the body is unknown, but officials with the St. Tammany coroner's office said the body is that of a female, and is in an advanced state of decomposition.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office would not say whether foul play is suspected. A spokesman said the office would likely hold a press conference to discuss the case.
"

Hoping it isn't her. I wonder what constitutes an "advanced state of decomp" and could that happen in the short time as she has been gone?
We aren't in the worst of the Louisiana heat yet but it has been really warm here.

I will post an update is they do have a press release and it is on our local news at noon.

I was just checking in from work to see if they'd held a presser yet. With the 80+ degree temps and high humidity we had all last week advanced decomp could occur very quickly.

Coroner identifies woman's body in Covington, withholding name

COVINGTON ,La. -- The St. Tammany Parish coroner has identified a woman's body found Sunday afternoon along Interstate 12 near Covington, but the name is being withheld.

The coroner said the name was being withheld "due to the ongoing investigation."
Officials with the St. Tammany coroner's office had said earlier that the body was in an advanced state of decomposition.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Body-found-in-Covington-150372715.html

The news station (wdsu) just reported that the husband had been living in the home with nicole and she had been trying to kick him out (apparently that night, from what I gathered). The police report that there were a few domestic disputes in the home that they had responded to. From what i understand, he has not been seen since she disappeared.

This was from a live news cast so there is no direct link to the report that i saw yet. The link to the tv station that reported this update is www.wdsu.com. They will probably have a video clip to view some time after the 4:00 news. ( central time).

WWLTV just reported that the Sheriff's office does not plan to issue any more information about the body until tomorrow.

The news station (wdsu) just reported that the husband had been living in the home with nicole and she had been trying to kick him out (apparently that night, from what I gathered). The police report that there were a few domestic disputes in the home that they had responded to. From what i understand, he has not been seen since she disappeared.

This was from a live news cast so there is no direct link to the report that i saw yet. The link to the tv station that reported this update is www.wdsu.com. They will probably have a video clip to view some time after the 4:00 news. ( central time).

Yet not a word of that was mentioned in the initial interview with her Mom, nor by LE.

He followed her back to LA after the divorce?

NOLA updated the article with new info after I posted the link.

Many residents of New Orleans and south Louisiana became Texas residents literally overnight in August 2005. Slowly but surely a good number have drifted on back. From what I've seen, the ex has ties here. Maybe he decided to come on home, not necssarily to follow NVJ. Though that is certainly a possibility.

New video here. Yellow flags at the site show body was dismembered. By the postion of the flags, I'm wondering if it was done by scavenging animals.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/31018973/detail.html

If this is true why the heck didn't we hear about him sooner?! I'm upset about that. People could have been on the lookout for him. Now he's had a week's headstart and could be anywhere (IF the report is true).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back