LA - Police officer's twins, 3, both dead in truck outside family home, Bossier City

I would never be able to take a nap with a child of 3 especially 2 of them awake. Just not gonna happen. I think we are going to find out there is more to this story.

LE said the truck had not been driven that day. Mom was asleep, supposedly children got out of the house, got into the truck, closed the doors. She awoke to find front door open, children gone. She looked and then went to neighbors. They then found the children.Neighbor tried CPR on both children, to no avail. Dad was not at home.
There are no running boards on that truck. I cannot imagine how they could get up into the truck, then with the length/height of their bodies be able to reach out, grab the door & close it.

Thanks for the summary :) Here's the link to the KTBS article...

http://www.ktbs.com/story/32265530/hot-car-death-of-bossier-city-twins-remains-under-investigation

I found the info on the mother as others have here as well. It looks like she stopped working as a photographer in 2010. Her photos were quite lovely. How strange that someone who specialized in taking beautiful, intimate photos of pregnant women and newborns would lose her twin toddlers this way. It's either the saddest twist of fate ever or, well, something far, far worse. MOO.

ETA: Those children were gorgeous. The video of Oliver in the hospital made it clear he was utterly adorable. To think of the unimaginable loss those that loved them must feel right now. No words...

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-36...ne-spent-week-hospital-near-fatal-injury.html

Police officer's twins, 3, both found dead in truck outside family home by distraught neighbors - less than a month after one was hospitalized for near-fatal injury

Twins Oliver and Aria Orr, 3, died on Saturday after being found unresponsive inside a truck parked outside their home
The two were discovered by neighbors while their mother was inside calling people in the area looking for the two

Rest in peace, Oliver and Aria !

So many questions I hardly know where to start.

Was their father at home when they went missing ?

Why didn't their mother look in the family vehicles BEFORE calling neighbors ?
The mother of the children was inside the house at the time, and had been calling people who lived in the area to ask if they had seen the little boy and his sister.

What happened to Oliver before this tragic incident ?
Did the family employ a sitter when the accident happened to Oliver ?

Can three year olds open an extended cab pickup truck door and close it behind them ?
My husband's friend has one, and you have to stand on the running boards to grab open the cab doors. At least I do.

Just doesn't add up... like there are parts to this story that are left out.
:moo:

Some very interesting comments on that dailymail link you posted. I didnt know if I could post any of them here, but yea some interesting and kinda creepy about the mom.

Dad has changed his FB as it no longer says he is married to Alisha Lynn. Her FB is now private as well. KTBS has a press conference and said there was a stool by the truck. Other news outlets said one twin was in front of the truck, the other in the back. Another media site said in front seat and back seat, so not in the bed of the truck.
Mother is a photographer, EOL/flicker Echoes of Life photography. She is dark haired with piercing in nose on upper side of lip. There are pictures of her, Travis, the son Maddox but NONE of the twins.
Supposedly LE is meeting with the DA's office in the morning to discuss the case.
Sorry I do not know how to post articles here. I am not very computer smart but live right across the river in Shreveport & have been following since this happened.

Some of the Filcker photos are really disturbing. The twins weren't born yet. I wasn't aware that the father had changed his status. Interesting.

32a2e96b5f683a05369e48cf03dd6cde.jpg

57f308e6a0716d7dd303bf892a533bcc.jpg

Source:

http://dailym.ai/28InnbB

:rose: :rose:

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens so often maybe a parked, closed car should be seen as a hazardous situation unless doors are locked. So sorry for these little ones and what they endured.

My mom did that kind of stuff when me and my siblings were kids. When I was 3 and under she would lock me and my little sister in our room while she slept. All day. That stopped after I climbed out the window. (2nd story apartment.) And walked back up, knocked on the door and told her I thought my leg was broken. My dad found out when I told him at the hospital. I also lit the stove on fire, and ate 500 Tylenol because I had a bad headache. After age 3, I would get out of the house while she was asleep and get into trouble in the neighborhood. I almost drowned in a neighbour's pool, she never even knew I left the house.

It never really got better when me or my sister or brothers grew up. (My youngest brother is 13 years younger than me.) I'd come home from school at age 8 and my 1 year old brother would be sitting n the same diaper from that morning, and he would go get his own bottles from the fridge and eat food that I left out for him. When I came home from work, age 18, my 4 year old brother would be running around naked trashing the place and "stealing food" from the fridge. She slept like 20 hours a day and was awake late at night.
People knew but nothing was done about it. It's amazing we didn't turn out like these kids.

I feel so bad for the kids, but honestly, if this was a situation like mine, screw every last adult involved.

My mom did that kind of stuff when me and my siblings were kids. When I was 3 and under she would lock me and my little sister in our room while she slept. All day. That stopped after I climbed out the window. (2nd story apartment.) And walked back up, knocked on the door and told her I thought my leg was broken. My dad found out when I told him at the hospital. I also lit the stove on fire, and ate 500 Tylenol because I had a bad headache. After age 3, I would get out of the house while she was asleep and get into trouble in the neighborhood. I almost drowned in a neighbour's pool, she never even knew I left the house.

It never really got better when me or my sister or brothers grew up. (My youngest brother is 13 years younger than me.) I'd come home from school at age 8 and my 1 year old brother would be sitting n the same diaper from that morning, and he would go get his own bottles from the fridge and eat food that I left out for him. When I came home from work, age 18, my 4 year old brother would be running around naked trashing the place and "stealing food" from the fridge. She slept like 20 hours a day and was awake late at night.
People knew but nothing was done about it. It's amazing we didn't turn out like these kids.

I feel so bad for the kids, but honestly, if this was a situation like mine, screw every last adult involved.
Sounds like some serious depression was going on with your Mom and maybe tranquilizer abuse. I feel for both of you and the rest of the family.

This happens so often maybe a parked, closed car should be seen as a hazardous situation unless doors are locked. So sorry for these little ones and what they endured.

Yep, only takes a second to lock the car/truck door, put the keys where children can't get them.

www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/...nto-toddlers-deaths-still-under-way/86140000/
Bossier City police continue to investigate the deaths of two local toddlers.

preliminary results from the children's autopsy reports indicate their deaths were heat-related

Natale said the case is under ongoing investigation to determine how the toddlers got into the pickup truck

Am guessing they're still not sure how the kids managed to get into the truck and close the doors behind them.

"Her jaws had locked. It was obvious she was gone," Matthews said.

Graphic below :

Is there anyone who knows how far along rigor mortis has progressed for the jaws to be closed ?
:moo:

"At the time of death, a condition called "primary flaccidity" occurs. Following this, the muscles stiffen in rigor mortis. All muscles in the body are affected. Starting between two and six hours following death, rigor mortis begins with the eyelids, neck, and jaw."

-- Wikipedia.

Those twins were shut in there for a minimum of two hours post death. One can assume an additional 10-20 minutes more or less for them to succumb to the heat in the 93 degree outside temperature. The truck would have been an inferno. Childrens' body temperatures heat up 3-5 times faster than an adult. She just took a little nap? I think not.

ETA: Really Important link for those with young children.

http://noheatstroke.org/

I did read that they found a step stool outside the truck near the door. I will try to find the link.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/twins-die-together-in-hot-pickup-truck/251384658
Investigators are still working to determine whether the children would have been able to open the door of the truck themselves, but Natale was not able to say for sure whether the truck had been locked. He did confirm that a step-stool was found next to the truck. It is not known how long the children were missing

"At the time of death, a condition called "primary flaccidity" occurs. Following this, the muscles stiffen in rigor mortis. All muscles in the body are affected. Starting between two and six hours following death, rigor mortis begins with the eyelids, neck, and jaw."

-- Wikipedia.

Those twins were shut in there for a minimum of two hours post death. One can assume an additional 10-20 minutes more or less for them to succumb to the heat in the 93 degree outside temperature. The truck would have been an inferno. Childrens' body temperatures heat up 3-5 times faster than an adult. She just took a little nap? I think not.

Agreed. That's a very long nap expecially while caring for 3 year old twins................

-- Wikipedia.

That's not a nap that's my whole nights sleep! Granted my daughters only 5 months old... but this makes no sense, why not waiting til the twins needed a nap to take one yourself? And if the twins just so happened to be those kind that got into mischief why wouldn't the house be baby proofed so they can't get out?!

That's not a nap that's my whole nights sleep! Granted my daughters only 5 months old... but this makes no sense, why not waiting til the twins needed a nap to take one yourself? And if the twins just so happened to be those kind that got into mischief why wouldn't the house be baby proofed so they can't get out?!

Trying to be subtle, but it's possible that more was going on with the Mom than just needing a nap. Planning and baby proofing might not have been a priority. It's hard to say at this point, of course. MOO

I'm guessing drugs may have been involved.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Or maybe depression , or overwhelmed by the demands of two toddlers ?
Children can be demanding; anyone who is a parent understands that. But you hire a sitter or ask a family member to step in if you're feeling as if you're about to collapse -- not just go off to sleep however long you want.
If that's what happened.

If the pd declares the investigation is over and it was an accident, so be it.
But they're still trying to discover what exactly happened and/or how the two became stuck in that truck. Imo.

Off-topic a bit , but it'd be interesting to see if someone else's three year old could successfully open a truck handle like that (even with a stool), and get inside and then shut the door ?

Last time I rode in an extended cab pickup truck was a year ago with a friend ,to a scrap booking event -- I opened the door, climbed in, and reached out to pull the door shut.
Keep in mind I'm short but an adult, and I didn't open the door as far as it would open. Just half way. Otherwise I'd have to step one foot on the running board and really stretch out to close the truck door.
For some reason it's hard to imagine a toddler closing the door to that style of truck.
A car I could see as it's a smaller vehicle.

Or maybe depression , or overwhelmed by the demands of two toddlers ?
Children can be demanding; anyone who is a parent understands that. But you hire a sitter or ask a family member to step in if you're feeling as if you're about to collapse -- not just go off to sleep however long you want.
If that's what happened.

If the pd declares the investigation is over and it was an accident, so be it.
But they're still trying to discover what exactly happened and/or how the two became stuck in that truck. Imo.

Off-topic a bit , but it'd be interesting to see if someone else's three year old could successfully open a truck handle like that (even with a stool), and get inside and then shut the door ?

Last time I rode in an extended cab pickup truck was a year ago with a friend ,to a scrap booking event -- I opened the door, climbed in, and reached out to pull the door shut.
Keep in mind I'm short but an adult, and I didn't open the door as far as it would open. Just half way. Otherwise I'd have to step one foot on the running board and really stretch out to close the truck door.
For some reason it's hard to imagine a toddler closing the door to that style of truck.
A car I could see as it's a smaller vehicle.

rbbm

I would think a pair of three year olds could open the door and pull if closed. Twins have a way of aiding and abetting each other, speaking as a mom of twins. With that said I would think they could get out as well. I wonder if they hit the automatic door locks and couldn't figure out how to unlock the door. I would want to know if they were found with the doors locked or unlocked.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back