LA - Police officer's twins, 3, both dead in truck outside family home, Bossier City

rbbm

I would think a pair of three year olds could open the door and pull if closed. Twins have a way of aiding and abetting each other, speaking as a mom of twins. With that said I would think they could get out as well. I wonder if they hit the automatic door locks and couldn't figure out how to unlock the door. I would want to know if they were found with the doors locked or unlocked.

IMO
I bet they knew how the horn worked. Something doesn't seem right.

An earlier poster earlier mentioned they have a car where the car horn doesn't work without the keys in the ignition. so idk
I don't know anything about the horn on the truck in question though

I also wondered why they didn't honk the horn. The news said this morning there would be no criminal charges this evening. This was on KSLA. This evening KTBS said DA Schylar Marvin was looking into possible negilent homicide charges to be filed.
I would have though they would have been more careful given Olivers recent trip to the hospital because of attack by family dog.
Also 2 hours, at least, is a long time in my opinion. She was asleep, supposedly twins were asleep, but she did not hear them leave the house, or wake up, it is quiet & check on them.

I just don't get it and never will! How can a parent be so sound asleep, a child can get outside? In this case, two children. No, I am not a perfect parent or person! I am a very careful, watchful, plan ahead person when it comes to children. And I had one who could defy all odds of what he could do or think of starting at 10 months.

Have parents never heard of the things you can purchase to put over door knobs so a toddler can't open a door? They aren't expensive. For a caring parent, they will come up with a solution to solve the problem in protecting their child.

On extended cab trucks, isn't the second set of doors small? I would think they could open the handle, then squeeze thru a small opening of the door to get inside. This way, the door would not be open very much so they could pull it shut. The step stool should still be in the position the toddlers put it in. (I did not read article.)

Poor babies!

The pictures I have seen of the truck, it is a full size quad cab with 4 full doors that open all the way. Not the little back doors that some trucks have

attachment.php

Indications are that the weekend deaths of Bossier City twins inside a hot truck were not the result of a deliberate act but were instead due to the children not being properly supervised, the district attorney said Tuesday.

Bossier Parish District Attorney Schuyler Marvin met with police detectives Tuesday morning to discuss whether there is evidence of criminal negligence in the heat deaths of 3-year-old Oliver and Aria Orr.

(...)

"We'll have to decide if this is a case of gross negligence, improper supervision or a tragic accident," Marvin said. "There is no evidence of any specific intent to do anything to cause the deaths. The most it would be is negligent homicide."
http://www.ktbs.com/story/32272676/investigation-into-twins-deaths-keys-on-parental-supervision

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 440
From your link Kay:

"Authorities described the interior of the family home, located not far from the North Gate of Barksdale Air Force Base, as filthy and unkept."

.......sigh.......those poor kids.

I want to know if the mother was taking medication/drugs, had a problem with alcohol, or was dealing with Post Partum Depression. The filthy, unkempt house screams checked out. Was the father still living at home? If so, then why wasn't he helping a mother who was clearly struggling? MOO.

Sounds like some serious depression was going on with your Mom and maybe tranquilizer abuse. I feel for both of you and the rest of the family.
No drugs, actually. I know that for a fact. My mom told me a few weeks ago she thought she might have ptsd from her childhood. Now knowing more about her parents (I'm currently living with them.) I don't doubt it. I feel bad for her and her siblings now.

I want to know if the mother was taking medication/drugs, had a problem with alcohol, or was dealing with Post Partum Depression. The filthy, unkempt house screams checked out. Was the father still living at home? If so, then why wasn't he helping a mother who was clearly struggling? MOO.

That would be a reasonable question if we knew that the mother was depressed or suffering from some illness. Maybe she was just a lazy slob. We always want to make excuses for everyone these days. Bad mothers get to use the postpartum depression excuse. While I realize it is a real issue and many women experience it, I also realize that many women, and men, are just lazy slobs.

I cannot understand taking a nap with two 3 year olds in your care. They obviously weren't secure. They could have started a fire, wandered off, stuck their fingers in an electrical socket, climbed on something in or outside of the house and fallen, the the list goes on. Climbing into a truck and dying from the heat isn't something that would come readily to mind, but that is why you don't take that risk.

That would be a reasonable question if we knew that the mother was depressed or suffering from some illness. Maybe she was just a lazy slob. We always want to make excuses for everyone these days. Bad mothers get to use the postpartum depression excuse. While I realize it is a real issue and many women experience it, I also realize that many women, and men, are just lazy slobs.

RSBM

It's a reasonable question given the children had two parents living in the home.

RSBM

It's a reasonable question given the children had two parents living in the home.

I thought he wasn't home? Knowing your wife is a slob, is not the same as knowing she neglects the children. I had a friend that was the worlds worst housekeeper and a fantastic, loving mom with accomplished, kind, well mannered children that are now grown and adore their mom.
Yet to this day, if I didn't know her as well as I do, I might think her house had been ransacked at any given time if I didn't know her better.

Maybe the husband knew enough that he should have gotten help. Maybe he tried, and wasn't able to. Or maybe there was nothing to "get her help" for. Laziness is not a disease. I get sick of the excuses.

I thought he wasn't home? Knowing your wife is a slob, is not the same as knowing she neglects the children. I had a friend that was the worlds worst housekeeper and a fantastic, loving mom with accomplished, kind, well mannered children that are now grown and adore their mom.
Yet to this day, if I didn't know her as well as I do, I might think her house had been ransacked at any given time if I didn't know her better.

He wasn't home when the little ones got outside, no, but I'm referring to the adults and children living in a "filthy and unkempt" home. That's not all on the mom and was likely a red flag that she needed assistance.

What if she put them in the truck so she could take a nap, knowing they wouldn't be able to bother here? She thought it would just be a few minutes or didn't think about what could happen? Yes I'm accusing but according to the reports of her going to the neighbor, checking the yard, then the truck seems like she went to the truck purposely. Unless the child was sitting upright and could easily been seen, you usually cannot see into trucks that big unless you are up next to the Windows looking in, especially a small child. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't home when the little ones got outside, no, but I'm referring to the adults and children living in a "filthy and unkempt" home. That's not all on the mom and was likely a red flag that she needed assistance.

You see red flag. I see lazy. I don't know yet which is correct. I just know that with post-partum depressions, regular depression, alcoholism, etc. etc. etc. we have a plethora of excuses that seem to sound so much better than lazy.

Following that logic, one could conclude post-partum depression or other depression etc. is the sufferer's fault and obviously if they exerted some effort they could heal themselves. Ask me how many times I've heard that one, and even thought it of myself. But it's a disease. Yes, there are lazy people, but without more evidence, I'm not going to brand this poor woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see red flag. I see lazy. I don't know yet which is correct. I just know that with post-partum depressions, regular depression, alcoholism, etc. etc. etc. we have a plethora of excuses that seem to sound so much better than lazy.

We see an able-bodied man, a sheriff's deputy, living with his wife and young children in a "filthy and unkempt" home. Both adults are responsible for the living conditions of their children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back