LA - Six teens for brutal assault on 17yo boy, Jena, 2006

Mychal Bell is scheduled to appear in Juvenile Court on Tuesday, Oct. 2nd. Seems it should be a very short trial. Let's hope the juvenile justice system isn't adversely effected by what has transpired.

perhaps he can learn a lesson from this and decide to get on the right path and behave himslef, i have alot of trouble having sympathy for him seeing as he is a multiple offender. If he keeps it up he will be sitting in a prison one day.

perhaps he can learn a lesson from this and decide to get on the right path and behave himslef, i have alot of trouble having sympathy for him seeing as he is a multiple offender. If he keeps it up he will be sitting in a prison one day.
I don't think Mychal Bell has yet learned a lesson from anything that he has done up to this point; after all, he did violate Probation twice on other incidents, and he still got involved in this.

I'm far from an expert on the Juvenile System, or even the other violations he has on his record, but I would think he, most likely, deserves to serve time. This latest incident could have easily ended up in the death of the victim. Mychal Bell certainly doesn't deserve to be a "Poster Boy" for any alleged race issue. This should be all about "right and wrong."

I think all involved from the noose hangers to the group of kids who jumped a single lone boy should be punished accordingly. Fact are facts and the fact is 6 kids jumped 1 boy and I don't care if they were purple blue or pink, it was a violent crime and an assault. 1 against 6 leaves little room for defending ones self, you probably couldn't even run from a group like that. Everyone seems to keep forgetting that. I am just tired of heraing race this and race that. The people in this town need to grow up and see people for who they are not what color they happen to be.

I don't think Mychal Bell has yet learned a lesson from anything that he has done up to this point; after all, he did violate Probation twice on other incidents, and he still got involved in this.

I'm far from an expert on the Juvenile System, or even the other violations he has on his record, but I would think he, most likely, deserves to serve time. This latest incident could have easily ended up in the death of the victim. Mychal Bell certainly doesn't deserve to be a "Poster Boy" for any alleged race issue. This should be all about "right and wrong."
I am just hoping he can before he ends up with a one way ticket to the state pen.

Mychal Bell of the `Jena 6' back in jail

NEW ORLEANS - A judge ordered a black teenager back to jail, deciding the fight that put him in the national spotlight violated terms of his probation for a previous conviction, his attorney said.

Mychal Bell, who along with five other black teenagers in the so-called Jena Six case is accused of beating a white classmate, had gone to juvenile court in Jena on Thursday expecting another routine hearing, said Carol Powell Lexing, one of his attorneys.

Instead, state District Judge J.P. Mauffrey Jr. sentenced Bell to 18 months in jail on two counts of simple battery and two counts of criminal destruction of property, Lexing said. "We are definitely going to appeal this," she said. "We'll continue to fight."

Bell had been hit with those charges before the Dec. 4 attack on classmate Justin Barker. Details on the previous charges, which were handled in juvenile court, were unclear.

Mauffrey, reached at his home Thursday night, had no comment.

"He's locked up again," Marcus Jones said of his 17-year-old son. "No bail has been set or nothing. He's a young man who's been thrown in jail again and again, and he just has to take it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071012/ap_on_re_us/jena_six

Mychal Bell of the `Jena 6' back in jail

NEW ORLEANS - A judge ordered a black teenager back to jail, deciding the fight that put him in the national spotlight violated terms of his probation for a previous conviction, his attorney said.

Mychal Bell, who along with five other black teenagers in the so-called Jena Six case is accused of beating a white classmate, had gone to juvenile court in Jena on Thursday expecting another routine hearing, said Carol Powell Lexing, one of his attorneys.

Instead, state District Judge J.P. Mauffrey Jr. sentenced Bell to 18 months in jail on two counts of simple battery and two counts of criminal destruction of property, Lexing said. "We are definitely going to appeal this," she said. "We'll continue to fight."

Bell had been hit with those charges before the Dec. 4 attack on classmate Justin Barker. Details on the previous charges, which were handled in juvenile court, were unclear.

Mauffrey, reached at his home Thursday night, had no comment.

"He's locked up again," Marcus Jones said of his 17-year-old son. "No bail has been set or nothing. He's a young man who's been thrown in jail again and again, and he just has to take it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071012/ap_on_re_us/jena_six

This time, Mychal's stint in jail is called for and perfectly legitamate....he violated his probation, and he has to pay the consequences of that. Mr. Jones is upset, but I'm sure he can see that this is not the same as the previous conviction........unless Mychal was wrongly convicted in the previous case, but it doesn't seem like it to me. To REALLY know, we'd have to be privy to details from that parish that show what white teenagers are sentenced to for the same charges Mychal was sentenced for.

This time, Mychal's stint in jail is called for and perfectly legitamate....he violated his probation, and he has to pay the consequences of that. Mr. Jones is upset, but I'm sure he can see that this is not the same as the previous conviction........unless Mychal was wrongly convicted in the previous case, but it doesn't seem like it to me. To REALLY know, we'd have to be privy to details from that parish that show what white teenagers are sentenced to for the same charges Mychal was sentenced for.

And what their records are. If they're habitual, then I would suspect they would be in more trouble than had they not had any priors.

I'm afraid that Mychal Bell is failing badly at being used as a poster boy for an alleged racial injustice.

I absolutely agree. I also think that many of these people would fair alot better if Jackson and Sharpton stayed home.

And here's why:

Purvis has mostly kept a low profile since the Jena arrest, but did appear on Black Entertainment Television's Hip-Hop Awards in October. Purvis and fellow defendant Carwin Jones helped present the Video of the Year award.

They turned the into a celebrity. Now, he thinks that he can pretty much get away with anything. This guy won't stop until he's in prison for a long time.

And here's why:

Purvis has mostly kept a low profile since the Jena arrest, but did appear on Black Entertainment Television's Hip-Hop Awards in October. Purvis and fellow defendant Carwin Jones helped present the Video of the Year award.

They turned the into a celebrity. Now, he thinks that he can pretty much get away with anything. This guy won't stop until he's in prison for a long time.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: EXACTLY!!!!!:mad:

Kid commited a hate crime. Sentence is reduced. He becomes a star on BET, and now they are not releasing the race of the kid he just choked and smacked his head into a table? Not wanting to even start any kind of all things race here, but it was a hate crime. Was this one? Plus yeah BET rocks alright. I can't boycott by not watching it because I don't watch it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back