Still Missing LA - Sylviane Finck Lozada, 51, Baton Rouge, 5 July 2011 *husband arrested 2018*

http://theadvocate.com/home/499587-81/faculty-friends-hold-vigil.html

<snipped>
Detectives have reason to believe Sylviane Lozada might have been inside her husband’s bright-yellow, 2001 Nissan Xterra on July 5 or 6, Hicks said.

Hicks said Sylviane Lozada would not have been driving the vehicle, but Hicks was unsure where she might have been inside the vehicle.

Anyone with information about Sylviane Lozada’s whereabouts or anyone who remembers seeing her husband’s bright yellow, 2001 Nissan Xterra on July 5 or 6 is asked to contact the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344-7867.

Friends make cards for missing teacher's daughter

It's been two months since a Brusly High School teacher vanished and now, her students are reaching out to show support for her five-year-old daughter.

[snip]

Back in Brusly, Sylviane Lozada's former colleagues are sending Angelina nearly 1,000 birthday cards as a sign of support. They will send to Angelina's grandmother's house in Venezuela.

More: http://www.wafb.com/story/15414832/friends-make-cards-for-missing-teachers-daughter

Lozada garden grows at Brusly High

The Brusly High School community is determined to keep alive the memory of Sylviane Lozada, a foreign language teacher at the school who was reported missing almost nine months ago.

Students and teachers at the high school have worked tirelessly during the past few months to build a garden in Lozada’s memory.

More: http://theadvocate.com/news/police/2507519-123/lozada-garden-grows-at-brusly

I don't understand why there is no pressure on this case. Where is the attention?!? From the public? From the MEDIA?!? Her husband BOUGHT CONCRETE for crying out loud! And then ran off with a CHILD to ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Where is the drive to find the suspect? The missing 5-year-old girl? Why no AMBER Alert for her? She's with a murder suspect! Why no searches for Sylviane?

I just don't understand.

Looks like it's going to be a whole year gone by soon:

http://www.about-crime.com/finding-missing-people.html

On July 18th, Sylviane Finck Lozada, a 51-year-old Belgian woman who had been living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with her husband and daughter, was the subject of a missing person report. Her relatives in Belgium were not able to get in touch with her, which was unusual. Sylviane had last been in touch with her Belgian family around July 5th.
Equally suspicious was the failure of her husband, Oscar Lozada, and her daughter to return from Venezuela on July 14th as planned. They had boarded a plane in Dallas destined for Mr. Lozada&#8217;s native Venezuela on July 9th.

This, unfortunately, is a prime example of parental kidnapping and possibly more because the police are also considering the possibility that Sylviane Lozada herself is a victim of crime.

The Lozada&#8217;s met approximately seven years ago, married in 2006 and Mrs. Lozada gave birth to their daughter that year. Friends report that the Lozada&#8217;s had cultural differences that led over time to a strained relationship.

It has also been verified that over the last months before Sylviane went missing, the Sheriff&#8217;s office was contacted on more than one occasion due to disagreements between the two. Mrs. Lozada reported that her husband was throwing things in early December, and later that month, she told the medical staff at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center that Oscar Lozada had pushed her down, resulting in a bruise from hitting a counter as she fell. Sylviane did not file charges, a move that friends and relatives probably regret

"Friends report that the Lozada’s had cultural differences that led over time to a strained relationship."

I wonder if the "cultural differences" were related to ideas about a woman not working outside the home?

I remember seeing Ms. Finck in the hallway at school at Dutchtown middle school. She was always smiling. I could really tell she was one of those teachers that just loved her job. It was if there was no place she would rather be than in the classroom. I wish that justice could be served for her and her daughter. So very sad.

the concrete and buckets, the husband fleeing to Venezuala with their child . . . . There is no doubt in my mind she was murdered by him. I guess there are 2 things LE needs to do: get him back to the states and try to find the body. As we all know, the buckets and concrete were either made to anchor the body in water or to mix and hide her body parts in with the concrete. Did he own a boat or have access to a boat? It would be very hard to dump them far off shore without a boat, unless he dropped them off a bridge. He could dump them off a pier, but they would be very close to shore and most likely discovered someday. If he threw them in from shore, it would almost be impossible for them to get out into the water very far. They were probably too heavy. I wonder if he rented a boat of some sort? I suspect the police have gone through his credit card records or have they? Have they gone through his computer or did he take it with him when he fled? I'm thinking he may have done some research on where to dump the buckets of concrete. Also, was his car examined? I'm assuming their home was just abandoned with most everything still in it or did he pack it all?

Just some thoughts and questions . .

December 2010 - Sylviane calls police and says her husband is throwing things during an argument. A few days later, she ends up in the hospital.

Her friend says she had a "plan" to get out of the marriage.

Per JVM.

This case and Susan Powell's case, as well as countless others, illustrate the fact that the time when leaving an abusive marriage/relationship is the most dangerous. Working with a DV system and not hesitating to leave once the plan is made are vitally important. It would appear that the best resolution now is finding the child and getting justice for the mother.

A plan works when it is implemented and is best implemented with professional help. I wish Susan, Sylviane and all women, now missing and/or deceased, had reached out. :(

It is strange that the "family friend" had her car, while she and her car were missing and the police were actively searching. What could be the explanation for this? Wasn't this family friend paying attention to the news? The husband or someone had to have dropped it off. What did they say to this family friend about the car? How did the individual get back home from this family friend's house? Could this family friend be involved? Maybe this family friend didn't know how to speak English, so they missed the news broadcasts?

This detail has driven me crazy...there was never any explanation given or additional information released regarding the vehicle. The "friend" was never identified. LE totally went to sleep on this. It's disgusting. IMO
It is strange that the "family friend" had her car, while she and her car were missing and the police were actively searching. What could be the explanation for this? Wasn't this family friend paying attention to the news? The husband or someone had to have dropped it off. What did they say to this family friend about the car? How did the individual get back home from this family friend's house? Could this family friend be involved? Maybe this family friend didn't know how to speak English, so they missed the news broadcasts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back