Still Missing LA - Sylviane Finck Lozada, 51, Baton Rouge, 5 July 2011 *husband arrested 2018*

"friends report that the lozada’s had cultural differences that led over time to a strained relationship."

i wonder if the "cultural differences" were related to ideas about a woman not working outside the home?

most u.s. Wives (usually), enjoy a better status than foreign wives.
I can understand a culture clash between this couple. A european married to a south american.
No, i do not believe that oscar lozada would not want sylvaine to work, quite the contrary, he woud expect her to work. The added income would be needed. However oscar probably could not accept nor compete for the attention sylvaine received from her adoring students & peers. She was an extremely popular educator and seemingly, very competent. Also, sylvaine was very close to their young daughter, and i believe oscar was jealous and felt left out. I do not know any of the people involved in this case but am making remarks gathered from reading about them. These are my own opinions based on what i have read and heard on television. Sylvaine's students have created a memorial garden in honor of their esteemed teacher. Heartfelt and sweet ! Where is sylvaine ?? Where is oscar lozada ...... And their daughter ?? This story cries for an intensive investigation !

It is strange that the "family friend" had her car, while she and her car were missing and the police were actively searching. What could be the explanation for this? Wasn't this family friend paying attention to the news? The husband or someone had to have dropped it off. What did they say to this family friend about the car? How did the individual get back home from this family friend's house? Could this family friend be involved? Maybe this family friend didn't know how to speak English, so they missed the news broadcasts?

MCSPY ~ All of your questions are for law enforcement. No one knows or can explain the mysterious circumstances surrounding the car being found at a friend's house. There is a glitch in time between Sylvaine Lozada (SL) going missing, being reported missing to LE, and Oscar Lozada (OL) buying suspicious materials + having their home cleaned out, then leaving the country with his daughter. He basically "bleached" (my wording) their home, got rid of the interior furnishings, abducted his daughter and disappeared. Can you imagine how terrified the young daughter was ?? Is ??
Where was LE when Oscar was so busy dissolving their lives together and covering his tracks?? This was a highly suspicious disappearance so why was Oscar not being watched and questioned ?? Pitifully, some one - LE - dropped the ball and this family is nowheresville !! Is anyone interested any more ??

It is so sad that this case has not gotten more coverage.

It is so sad that this case has not gotten more coverage.

SWAMPMAMA ~ It is a shame that Sylvaine's case has not gotten CONTINUED coverage. Seems that once these types of missing person's cases go COLD / DORMANT, it is hard to put steam back into LE searching.
I am at a loss of what to do, other than encouraging LE to pursue extradition of Oscar Lozada. By this time, he may be living under an alias in Venezuela and hard to locate in that country.
If tons of money could be raised, it would be plausible to hire a PI to go to Ven. to locate he and their daughter. Some one needs to check out the welfare of this child, as well as finding Oscar.
How do we reignite this case with LE ??

Okay, so we know Oscar bought concrete. Do we know what he did with the concrete- put in a new driveway, pave an area and put a shed on it, etc - if so, the answer to where Sylviane may be is obvious. If he didn't concrete an area, I think the local water ways may need to be searched. Maybe he tried to weigh her down. Is it too late to use the sonar technology that Texas Equusearch and other SARs have to look in the waterways?

Mystery Continues

The husband of a Brusly High School teacher reported missing more than a year ago told authorities that his wife fled to Colombia to be with another man, court documents say.

Oscar Lozada called investigators with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office on July 21, 2011, three days after his wife, Sylviane Lozada, was reported missing, an application for a search warrant says.

During his conversation with investigators, Oscar Lozada said his wife left him on either July 5 or July 6 of 2011, and that she went to Colombia — without her passport — to be with another man, the application says.

He told investigators that he and his then 4-year-old daughter were in Colombia trying to find Sylviane Lozada, the application says.

[snip]

When deputies arrived, the home was unlocked and almost nothing was inside, the application says. One of the only things deputies found was a roll of plastic sheeting, the application says.

Detectives also discovered that shortly after Sylviane Lozada’s disappearance, Oscar Lozada purchased multiple gray 5-gallon buckets with lids and yellow-and-black bags of Quikrete concrete mix, authorities have said. The buckets and bags of concrete mix have not been found.

Much more: http://theadvocate.com/home/3888403-125/mystery-continues

Records reveal new details of 2011 Lozada vanishing

In the days after Sylviane Finck Lozada disappeared in July 2011, detectives seized several items from the Brusly High School teacher’s home, including pieces of used duct tape and a sample of “suspected dried blood,” according to court filings.

Lozada’s whereabouts remain a mystery nearly two years after her family in Belgium lost contact with her. But previously undisclosed search warrant affidavits, filed several weeks after the woman’s disappearance, offer new details about the early days of the investigation.

[snip]

Aside from the duct tape and suspected blood — found on a window pane in the garage — investigators also seized two cardboard cylinders; a pair of pink panties; a used roll of duct tape; four “DNA swabs from the garage floor”; six diving weights; a roll of Kodak film; two Motorola cellphones; a “sink catch pipe and water sample” and hair from the catch pipe, an affidavit says.

[snip]

They also have been in contact with the Lozadas’ 6-year-old daughter, Angelina, whom they said is still with Oscar Lozada and doing fine.

Much more: http://theadvocate.com/news/5862818-123/records-reveal-new-details-of

He bought several 5-gallon buckets and concrete mix.
LE took the sink catch pipe & drain.
Sylvia & her husband were divers.

I don't like what's coming to my mind...that he dismembered her and spread her remains out all around encased in concrete buckets, maybe at the bottom of bodies of water.

I also didn't remember hearing about the age difference between them. Is it correct that Sylviane was 51 when she went missing and her husband was 36?

Her poor family & her poor daughter. Her daughter must surely ask about her mom...who knows what the father is telling her about her mom..

I think I recall reading an article where SF's in-laws say(to LE) that they are in touch with the 6-year old daughter, and that she is still with OL and is doing fine. So..could LE not get phone records to trace the number to a location? why are they acting like it's so hard to find him? They found evidence in the house, plus the husbands suspicious behavior(concrete mix, empty house, etc), and they know that they went to Venezuela. Could they not track him down some kind of way?

I think I recall reading an article where SF's in-laws say(to LE) that they are in touch with the 6-year old daughter, and that she is still with OL and is doing fine. So..could LE not get phone records to trace the number to a location? why are they acting like it's so hard to find him? They found evidence in the house, plus the husbands suspicious behavior(concrete mix, empty house, etc), and they know that they went to Venezuela. Could they not track him down some kind of way?

I was hired to work on this case, and I wanted to clarify why they're not doing any of that. Oscar has never been named as a suspect. No charges or arrest warrant against him. Therefore theres no need to check phone records and find his location. They know Venezuela won't extradite him, so the best course of action is to do nothing. That way, he will possibly be comfortable enough one day to return....and then they'll probably want to know where he's at and have a little chat with him. But if they had a useless warrant for him filed now, he would be too scared to ever return.

Oscar knows this too though. So who knows what he'll do. But rest assured that I (I can't speak for LE) know exactly where he is, who he's with, what he's doing, and how Angelina is. He had too much of a head start to plan things. So now it's a game of chess to solve this case.

Seven years later, family of missing teacher Sylviane Lozada pleads for answers
Lozada went missing on July 5, 2011, from her Baton Rouge home. Her husband, Oscar fled with their young daughter to Venezuela and still has not answered detectives questions about her disappearance.
The East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office has declined to call Oscar Lozada a suspect. Instead, they said he is a person of interest. Adding another layer of complexity to this case is Venezuela's extradition policy. The country does not extradite Venezuelan nationals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back