Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.11.17 - Charge to the Jury - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats my thinking too. However, LB used her phone at 7:03, Millard got a six minute call at 7:08, and he was on the road by 7:26. That leaves only 12 or 13 minutes to kill her. Obviously if he used a gun, thats plenty of time. If he strangled her? Maybe not.

I'm wondering if he OD'd LB on something when he picked her up.. how do we know the time when they arrived back at MapleGate - is it because of celltower pings? If she was passed out already, could that be why he told MS to not be outside, ie meaning with MM? Could LB have checked her msgs beforehand? If DM checked LB's messages versus LB checking them herself, her cellphone still would have connected and shown as a call, even if he didn't really know the passcode?

He had 10 bedrooms, as someone on here said. Maybe He put it in a spare room till a few days later.
I remember seeing that too but can't remember who said it. Someone also said (maybe the same person) that the rec room had I think 5 tv's with 5 game consoles, but none of this was backed up by the photo tour of the house. There does seem to be one room which has what might be a closet which has lockable door handles and a bolt above head height on the outside of the door which seems odd. See at 1.00 min and 1.55 of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRkLi9FC_8Q&feature=youtu.be

He had 10 bedrooms, as someone on here said. Maybe He put it in a spare room till a few days later.

Was just thinking along the same lines on the mattress.

My new working theory on the mattress is it might not have ever left the house. Maybe it wasn't bloody and was put into another room to make way for the new one. It would be good for DM to remain silent on this as it's somewhat of an enigma and is causing people to stop and question/try to fit it in to what happened to LB.

Could CN have said she will no longer sleep with DM unless he gets a new mattress as she new he had or likely had slept with LB on the old one? That's a thing in a relationship. A big thing. She was due to come over on the Friday night following her (paraphrasing) 'have fun doing big things' text on 3 Jul 2012.

Jmo.

IT is almost over, just a few more instructions from the judge and then the jury will decide.
I am shocked how much evidence was known before Tim Bosma was killed, and all these characters knew about the IPad that MS had, the rap song, MM knew about the rap she was there when MS performed it.
None of them gave any information to the police that would have helped and could have saved the lives of Tim Bosma and the father.
That is what is so shocking to find out from this trial.
They knew all this information when they testified at Tim s trial.
If I had known about all this evidence about Laura, it would not have been a question at all in my mind that they went on the test drive with murder on their minds.
That is the awful part of it, had some of this been told to the police after Laura disappeared I believe it could have prevented Tim Bosma from being murdered.
I doubt most people have learned from this case, even the ones who hid this information I think if they had the chance they would do it again.
I am lost for words about both of these murder cases.

BBM

SL made every effort to interest the TPS in LB's disappearance without success back in July, 2012. SL claims to have handed them LB's phone records and pointed out that LB's last 8 calls were with DM. Yet DM was never approached by TPS until after his arrest for TB's murder. Looks like gross Police negligence to me on their investigation of a MP file, where one of the first things one does is check phone records (and banking activity).
Had they done their due diligence, then both WM and TB would likely still be alive today.
TPS's approach has been to deny, deny, deny while praising the 22 Division for their thoroughness on this missing person file.
Here's the press conference from June, 2013 when all of this first surfaced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwLgv3YhsTM

I remember seeing that too but can't remember who said it. Someone also said (maybe the same person) that the rec room had I think 5 tv's with 5 game consoles, but none of this was backed up by the photo tour of the house. There does seem to be one room which has what might be a closet which has lockable door handles and a bolt above head height on the outside of the door which seems odd. See at 1.00 min and 1.55 of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRkLi9FC_8Q&feature=youtu.be

What you are seeing there is the back of the front door.

If the house had 10 bedrooms, I'd be surprised. There was no need for this many and it was a bungalow, although it did appear that fairly new ones were built in the basement. I'd say it was probably more like 8 bedrooms, 4 up and 4 down but since we only got pictures of 3 of them, it's hard to tell.

As far as the mattress is concerned, it's quite possible that it was kept in the house, in another unused bedroom, until the house was liquidated and everything was tossed. Especially if it was just urine soaked. DM never seemed to throw anything out.

MOO

I’m wondering if DM did kill LB right away and that is why he left the stuff at the top of the stairs for MS. Maybe that was part of the loot he got off LB?

The stuff at the top of the stairs was the Heineken he was picking up.

Something I was noticing this weekend while going over billandrew's timeline. There are no texts between Smich & Millard from June 8 to July 3rd. I think this shows that Smich was not involved in the planning of this murder. He cleaned up, thats it.

It appears they were MS was staying at DM's house during this time. They could do mission talk in person.

[FONT=&amp]Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Mr. Millard stored a screen capture of this search result in the Dells Hard" folder of his office computer. #LauraBabcock

Why to keep that screen shot? in case you forget???? This is just beyond!!!!!!

[/FONT]

I would guess he took the screenshot so he'd have the data without searching again and it was saved as an auto-backup of all his photos.

Just don't see LB not touching her phone during an hour long drive. And this time there is no warning to Smich to not be outside when he gets home. No texts from Isho about meeting, so I doubt that was it.

We have little indication of how LB used her phone when she was with other people. Most people don't text or use their phone if they are on a date. Suspect that drive was to get ammo based on the evidence. There was contact between MWJ and DM that was don't have as indicated by the judge.

Tomorrow is the day when we all likely get angry when the 'what the jury didn't see' stories come out.

Maybe his real estate agent is visiting him? Is he allowed to see CN?

I'm sure most everyone involved with these cases are still on a no-contact order. DM could get his letters out, but they aren't going to be able to visit him in person.

...snipped

We have little indication of how LB used her phone when she was with other people. Most people don't text or use their phone if they are on a date. Suspect that drive was to get ammo based on the evidence. There was contact between MWJ and DM that was don't have as indicated by the judge.

That theory makes the most sense (If MWJ is near any of those pings). Driving around with a dead LB in the car to show off to CN is a little over the top even for crazy DM and CN. CN's text "have fun doing big things" at 10:20 PM that evening wouldn't make sense if she already saw LB dead at 8 PM.

That theory makes the most sense (If MWJ is near any of those pings). Driving around with a dead LB in the car to show off to CN is a little over the top even for crazy DM and CN. CN's text "have fun doing big things" at 10:20 PM that evening wouldn't make sense if she already saw LB dead at 8 PM.

The fact that CN was still asking DM if he slept with LB even after her murder would lead me to believe she had no idea about it. You'd have to be completely out of your rocker to ask your boyfriend if he cheated on you with a girl he murdered a month or so earlier.

I'm sure most everyone involved with these cases are still on a no-contact order. DM could get his letters out, but they aren't going to be able to visit him in person.
That's what I was wondering- guess when he gets this next "go to jail" card a lot of the no contacts may fall off. It's a crock anyhow because Rabbit has served as go between for everyone- we've got the book keeper visiting him for business- still waiting to find out who the Harry Potter Owl was. They're all a bunch of self serving loonies and they have to live with their actions for the rest of their lives. MOO

The fact that CN was still asking DM if he slept with LB even after her murder would lead me to believe she had no idea about it. You'd have to be completely out of your rocker to ask your boyfriend if he cheated on you with a girl he murdered a month or so earlier.
IMHO, CN knew that DM had gotten rid of LB, it was just that CN's friends were still saying that DM slept with LB and that rumour was still under her skin. How did DM reply? "You know how I FELT about L" Past tense. That says it all for me. Don't you think that CN may have been wondering where LB was since they had some pretty good heated exchanges? Doesn't look like she had any concerns. MOO

Many of Laura's friends were asked about her phone habits. They pretty much all testified that she was on her phone all the time.

IMHO, CN knew that DM had gotten rid of LB, it was just that CN's friends were still saying that DM slept with LB and that rumour was still under her skin. How did DM reply? "You know how I FELT about L" Past tense. That says it all for me. Don't you think that CN may have been wondering where LB was since they had some pretty good heated exchanges? Doesn't look like she had any concerns. MOO

Would that be your response to someone who knew you killed her?

Just don't believe this idea that everyone was aware they were killing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500