Leonard Padilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a point to this thread? It has definitely turned into a bash LP thread, contributing noting to the cause at hand; Justice for Caylee. The rants thread seems a bit more appropriate for all the negative comments.

I will freely admit that I like LP but I agree that he has put forth quite a bit of contradicting opinions. Enough that I will certainly listen to him, but take all with a grain of salt, as should be done with all opinions and theories.

This bash fest is not in the spirit of WebSleuths though.

Not bashing the guy at all!

He just talks poo imo.

I know I've changed my mind on what has happened to Caylee a few dozen times. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Why is Leonard the one picked apart and hated for the same thing?

HEY!!!!

I want to know if anyone has seen or heard anything from LP?
I haven't seen him since the day the ANGEL was found (finally)
I was just wondering what was up with him and his investigators in Florida?

Please let me know if anyone has heard anything lately? Thanks!

I' m sorry we don't have bonds companys or whatever in the uk , why did he lose money?

Didn't he just revoke the bond? meaning he lost nothing and gained nothing.

He had to pay 10% of the bond up front cash, for the Florida bonding company to post the bond. He paid $50,000 cash, and even though he asked the court to let him off the bond, the $50,000 was still gone.

Once it is paid to a bonding company there is no getting the money back because they have stood for the bond.

He had to pay 10% of the bond up front cash, for the Florida bonding company to post the bond. He paid $50,000 cash, and even though he asked the court to let him off the bond, the $50,000 was still gone.

Once it is paid to a bonding company there is no getting the money back because they have stood for the bond.

I thought because she was rearrested the original bond was revoked, and he got his money back. Not true?:confused:

I thought because she was rearrested the original bond was revoked, and he got his money back. Not true?:confused:

I've seen this discussed on NG before and from how I understood it, it doesn't matter. I would assume this is how the bonding companies make their money? I'm not an expert, but this appears to be the situation.

Interestingly, one of KC attorney's said there is a confidentiality agreement that she is not to disclose who is paying her fees. Also, the second "entity" to post KC's bond was not disclosed. I often wonder if it was one and the same.

:waitasec:

I' m sorry we don't have bonds companys or whatever in the uk , why did he lose money?

Didn't he just revoke the bond? meaning he lost nothing and gained nothing.

Good question--there would be travel expenses for a number of people from his firm and the bonding frim from California--flights. There were probably vehicle rentals and of course, room and board for the entorage. I can only guess of course, but my estimates assuming eight people:
Travel: 8@$500.00 each (cheap?) $4,000 for first round trip.
Rooms: 8@$60.00 per night, assuming seven nights: $3,360.00
Meals: 8 @21 meals: $1,680.00
Car rentals: assume 3 vehicles for seven days: $1,260.00
Total (starting point only): $10,300.00 out of pocket, not reimbursed.
Miscellaneous expenses not included may be parking, laundry, over the counter medications, snacks, drinks, gasoline fill-ups.

I like Leonard... I admire what he has done for Caylee..
When others gave up looking, he kept trying at least..
He's never asked for a penney as far as I know.. AND he's actually tried to raise moneys for TES.
His theories have helped to keep Caylee in the news.. and THAT is good. I think most of us have changed theories over the course of this case.. Up until she was found, I was sure she had been placed in the amscot dumpster.
Im not sure why some people feel the need to diss LP. He did an awful LOT to help look for little Caylee.

I still want to know for sure whether or not he told Tim Miller about how good it would look with them holding Caylee's skull for the cameras *this was during the time the divers were searching at the park, and Tim was on Nancy and said that LP had said that to him...Tim looked absolutely awful that night on the show..I have never heard anything else about that, but I know Tim said it...Nancy did not comment on it either. Seems to me that is when LP and TM more or less parted company...

I remember when Leonard first came on the scene, I was angry that he wanted to post bond for Casey and that he even believed her story! He quickly found out all about her!
Then ole Leonard grew on me! I think he is a larger than life man, and he has a heart just as big! I also believe he wants justice for Caylee and he wants the truth to be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500