Let's try to pick the perfect juror

IMO....

Defense:
Females...lower income, ages 21-38, w/2 or more children under 12 (different fathers), little to no education, single, and has experienced some sort of family abuse perpetrated by a male, mistrust or fear of LE and/or government, reads magazines but not newspapers, watches talk, game, and reality TV shows, basic computer knowledge....race: any

Males...low to middle income, ages 35-50 w/wo children, little to no education, single, raised in a 2 parent home with history of alcohol or drug abuse, mistrust of LE and/or government, no magazine or newspaper reading, watches violent TV shows and/or movies...race: minority

State:
Females... any income, age 30-50, w/wo children, high school+ education, in a committed relationship, raised primarily by a stay-at-home mother, good relationship with father, employed steadily for at least 5 years or stay-at-home mom. reads magazines but no newspapers, watches comedies and reality TV shows, is computer savy....race: any

Males:....middle/upper income, 50-70, w/grandchildren, high school+ education, married, steady career or retired, reads newspapers but no magazines, watches crime TV and documentary shows...advanced computer knowledge.....race: any

I agree..that being said, I think during deliberation the older, more educated individuals (aka the good jurors for the prosecution) will be able to convince and sway the younger, less educated ones.

I see what you are saying and in part I agree ... it could backfire ... but for just a minute look at the people who have sympathized with Casey or posited her innocence here on WS ... I have noticed that most of them are mothers ... who became mothers at a very young age! Just go back and read the "Caylee is Alive" threads and you will see what I mean ... many of the same members that believed Caylee was alive, way back then, have come back to defend KC ... a lot of them actually believe KC's stories.

That said I had my oldest daughter when I was 19 ... and I think KC is guilty as homemade sin. But I was brought up as, and remain to this day a conservative Christian. I have a strong educational background in science and in law. I still think that young mothers with an "open mind" and prone to liberal thinking, will be what the defense seeks.

I typically agree with every word you utter, but here I must respectfully disagree. I was just thinking that most of the single moms in these threads start their statements with: "I was a young single mom, but I didn't do that" or some variation thereof.

I'm so glad the Octoman is not in Fl, as crazy as this case is I could just picture her being picked to be on the jury if she was in Fl, and she'd be beaming and joking about being on vacation!

I do worry that there will be a juror or 2 who will try to do something while on the jury, make a book deal etc. I want to see 12 common sense people who can understand the science and know that evil can look pretty in a picture and still do terrible things.

VB

How about just 12 people who aren't sociopaths? Can we start there?

I think it will be interesting to see who actually does make it on the jury. I forget - how many can they weed out? Obviously they will have to ask a lot of questions about what coverage with the case potential jurors are aware of and if they've already formed a bias. But honestly, the state still has to prove the case. They could go in there in there and blow it or the defense could blow enough holes into the evidence presented that her guilt is beyond a reasonable doubt....

That said, I'm thinking......people who are educated/savvy enough to understand/follow entomological, forensic and electronic data evidence; persons employed in the science, medical, IT backgrounds would all make good possible jurors.

Issi - I loved your Nell comment - that really gave me a good laugh. :laugh:

A perfect juror would be someone with good common sense. Someone who hears "31 days and never reported missing by the mother" and realizes from that fact alone that the mother is responsible for the disappearance and death of the child. Someone who knows that 2 + 2 doesn't equal 5. This potential juror could be any age, sex, race, religion, occupation, education level, etc.

My ideal juror....employed female mother/grandmother, 30+ years old with more than one child. Preferably educated, as there will be a ton of forensic and other types evidence (need someone smart to see through the BS). I can't decide if the ideal juror would be single or married, cuts both ways.

That would be what I look for in a juror information sheet in this case. I would concentrate on weeding out those that do not have a strong parental instinct during voir dire questioning. A jury consultant or someone with a psychological background would be helpful in formulating such questions and seeing/evaluating prospective juror reactions to those questions.

Just my $.02. I have never assisted in choosing a jury for a criminal trial, but have had my share of assisting with jury selection in civil cases.

IMHO... I'm not sure how wise it is to speculate on the "perfect juror" on these boards. While I do believe that sometimes these boards are being read by people "connected" to the case in some fashion, there are specific rules of law which apply to the suitability of perspective jurors, so neither side needs / wants / or can use our suggestions. I know it seems harmless, but call me paranoid, I just don't think anything good can come of it, in fact I can see the defense using some of the comments to their advantage.

IMHO... I'm not sure how wise it is to speculate on the "perfect juror" on these boards. While I do believe that sometimes these boards are being read by people "connected" to the case in some fashion, there are specific rules of law which apply to the suitability of perspective jurors, so neither side needs / wants / or can use our suggestions. I know it seems harmless, but call me paranoid, I just don't think anything good can come of it, in fact I can see the defense using some of the comments to their advantage.

Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing the first time I saw this thread. I was like, "hmm are we providing a free jury consulting service to the defense by doing this?" JB probably has his law students watching this site like a hawk. They probably get extra credit for bringing him useful posts, haha. MOO

I'm so glad the Octoman is not in Fl, as crazy as this case is I could just picture her being picked to be on the jury if she was in Fl, and she'd be beaming and joking about being on vacation!

I do worry that there will be a juror or 2 who will try to do something while on the jury, make a book deal etc. I want to see 12 common sense people who can understand the science and know that evil can look pretty in a picture and still do terrible things.

VB

That is my one hope for the jury. 12 people who won't *advertiser censored** it up! The last thing we need is a mistrial here.

They'll never find 12 people who haven't heard anything about thiscase, imo. But prospective jurors are supposed to tell the truth regarding whether they will be able to put certain media bits or previously aquired information aside and deliberate only on what's presented at trial.

Have anyone said if all the trial will for sure be televised? (Shades of the OJ trial flash thru my mind here.) I've heard it go back and forth on whether it will be or won't be. TIA. :)

I'm guessing the pefect juror will be someone who doesn't see this as an opportunity to maybe cash in or get his/her 15 minutes during all this as well. YIKES.

not to say this is full proof, but this is how I see it.
The perfect juror for the prosecution is a Mom or Grandmom because they will be on Caylees side and definately be against KC.
The perfect juror for the defense is a single younger guy who may think KCs cute and pity her.

not to say this is full proof, but this is how I see it.
The perfect juror for the prosecution is a Mom or Grandmom because they will be on Caylees side and definately be against KC.
The perfect juror for the defense is a single younger guy who may think KCs cute and pity her.

ACKK!! :eek:Short Stuff, you read my mind!! Okay, I'll say it all anyway, even though it's redundant by now. :cool:

Defense: young single guys who think she's "hot" and hope she might be looking for a good time once she's out.

Prosecution: any parent or grandparent who loves their children and would never dream of harming them.

I think the perfect Juror would be a single parent (mother/father) who has no history of abuse, or a single parent who has been kept from their child (whether by the other parent, or even if the child passed on in some way) and would do anything to see the child again.

I typically agree with every word you utter, but here I must respectfully disagree. I was just thinking that most of the single moms in these threads start their statements with: "I was a young single mom, but I didn't do that" or some variation thereof.

But to be a good defense witness they would only have to believe that KC made bad judgment in leaving Caylee with someone that ultimately couldn't be trusted. You have to look for people that are open to the idea that, if not proven otherwise, what KC says is true. I personally, cannot imagine anyone like that existing ... but I know I have read many the shocking post on here when the Caylee is Alive thread was active!!

O/T....somewhat...

I see a lot of posts referring to "12 jurors," however, there will only be 6 for this trial. If it was a capital case then there would be 12.

if she lets her hair grow out a little longer and parts it in the middle, the perfect juror would be ted bundy.

I'll volunteer. Honestly, I think she did it, but I can be unbiased and look at the facts and science closely. FWIW, I wouldn't have found OJ guilty based on the evidence presented. :eek:

I'm 36 years old, married, stay at home wife, and wishing like everything that I could have a child of my own. My major in college was Criminal Justice and Pyschology. Bring it on...I'm ready for the challenge! :woohoo:

Oh yeah, and I'm in Florida! Do I qualify?:confused: :crazy:

They would want someone OPPOSITE of me. I cannot be unbiased. I can look at the facts and scientific information closely but my emotions would still kick in and all I would see are those big, brown eyes of Caylee and I wouldnt be able to vote fairly.

I know a lot of people are thinking young mothers might be good for the defense but I think it could actually go the opposite way. A young mother might look at it as "I gave up my life and partying for my child, so why couldn't KC?" I know 2 young mothers (both under 22) and when I asked their opinion they said they were disgusted by her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back