Lindy Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breehannah6 said:
Then how did Darlie plant the sock without being seen? or Darin as some have suggested? She took a hell of a risk!
We had one here called Elizabeth Knight who skinned her hubby!! (she had worked in the abaitors) hung his skin on a hook ,then gone to the ATM to get some of his cash out this was early hours of the morning but she was seen coming back by a neigbour who looked out of her window!
If I had of done this no way would I have risked taking a walk with a sock , I cant see how someone would risk this ,to add what little it did to the alibi,evidence ,ect.....
That is amazing, isn't it? The only thing I can say is that Darlie was not in the habit of planning burglaries or murders so she might have taken the risk. One thing we know for certain is that someone took the risk because the sock was there, 75 feet down the alley, and the only routes to the alley from Darlie's was thru the back yard and out the gate or out the front door and around the house to the drive where the gate was. It seems less likely an experienced thief/criminal would take the risk than a family member trying to mislead police. It was 2:00 am or so, so how much of a risk was she really taking. If she got there and back without being seen, it must not have been as big of a risk as you think.

Breehannah6 said:
I cant believe those boys never made a sound whilst they were attacked and murdered? I just have some kind of feeling he is involved somewhere along the line and I am not the only one

!
I agree with you, but I would like to point out that they tested sound from the family room to the master bedroom upstairs with the door closed where Darin was supposedly sleeping. The sound did not carry that far. So he is safe as far as being expected to hear the attack. However, he claims he heard the wine glass break. It is totally nuts to think that he could hear a shattering glass but couldn't hear the screeching cat or the boys' screams or Darlie's screams. I think he was downstairs when the glass broke and that the sound was much louder than he thought it would be, and that is why he thought he would be able to hear it upstairs. Even hear a wine glass shatter in a quiet house? For me that is a weak point for Darin that points to his involvement, at least after the fact.

Another thing that I think points to Darin being downstairs sooner than he claimed is his claim that Darlie was yelling "Devon, Devon, Devon" and that is why he ran to Devon and thought the glass coffee table had injured him when it fell over. That sounds like a very real description to me, but it doesn't make sense for her to be yelling Devon's name when she didn't even go near Devon to see how badly he was hurt or if he was even hurt at all. Damon is the one she supposedly looked at before calling Darin to come downstairs. I am thinking that maybe Devon was the only one killed or wounded when Darin came downstairs, and that would put him downstairs before Damon was attacked, which means Devon was probably dead longer than they claimed.

I am going to work up a list of things that bother me about Darin so I hope you will look for the thread and add some of your own, too. Give me a couple of days though.

Breehannah6 said:
Why wouldnt it? there was compelling evidence against the Chamberlians at the time ,we didnt jail her because she put the baby in a black dress and we didnt like the look of her!!LOL
Aussies were as sure as you Texans that she had done this for years!

Hi,

I'm an aussie too and so am familar with the Chamberlain case- though if you want to talk to someone on here who knows a lot about that case AND Darlie's case then Mary's your gal.

But just to give my 2 cents- yes there was a grave miscarriage of justice for Lindy and much of it was done in the eyes of the media. However, it is a big leap to then say that on the basis of the Chamberlain case that we can't trust the blood and DNA evidence or expert testimony in the Routier case, or for that matter any other case.

Most of us here do not work from the media presentation of the Routier case. I for one put very little stock in how Darlie appeared on TV footage etc. What we are concerned about referring to is the crime scene photos, the evidence which was presented and trial and the testimonies from all the witnesses.

If the argument in her defense is simply - 'Mistakes have been made elsewhere in the world' then it is really no defense at all and if you want to make it stick you need to be petitioning the release of all criminals who were convicted by forensic evidence rather than multiple eye-witness reports.

Sorry but I dont believe everything I read and hear anymore I gave up being a media sheep after Azarias clothes were found!

There is a difference between being critical and analytical with what you read (either in the media or elsewhere) and just saying 'none of it can be trusted'.

Yes, Darin was involved. He did not hire anybody nor did he plan the murders in any way. There is no evidence which points to that at all. Darin helped her after she killed Devon and attacked Damon. Please read some other posts on other threads so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves.

Beesy- that's just your opinion. It might be helpful, particularly when there are newbies around to make it clear what it established fact and what is just theories by us.

Dani_T said:
Beesy- that's just your opinion. It might be helpful, particularly when there are newbies around to make it clear what it established fact and what is just theories by us.
First of all, I was agreeing with her that Darin was involved. And secondly, yes of course that's just my theory. No matter the evidence unless Darlie and/or Darin confess than all of these posts by everyone are theories. There are no established facts except for two boys being murdered while Darlie, Darin, Drake, Domain, and that screaming cat were in the house. Then of course, all the things which happened after the murders. Of course we know Darlie had surgery, that she and Darin were on TV, that she was arrested..blah blah. Thirdly, it's just my opinion, but it's right...:razz:

I live in a rural area and at night sound travels for miles,as it has been raised by someone else as well as myself I find it hard to believe(not that I know) that her husband heard nothing. Those boys would have screamed she couldnt gag both of them and kill them at the same time, maybe if she did it they went into shock seeing their mum try to killl them who knows ,the cats another story!

I just keep thinking if she wanted why didnt she kill the hubby,and lie and say as she has done it was an intruder and he tried to fight him.Lets face it she would have hit pay dirt with the insurance,attention,and sympathy.
IF she is as shallow and vain as I read its seems silly to cut herself so badly were its so visible.I can only think was this a suicide murder but she chickened out of it but then she would have killed the baby too!
I have read she was on diet pills very nasty effects they have ! I have seen her on TV and she isnt likable thast why I recall back to Lindy as she was VERY unlikable which makes it harder for them.
I still say why move the sock? if she was so clever then why not cut the screen outside ,leave back gate open you know set it all up as it appears she had lots of time if hubby didnt hear her until she screamed? Or as I said did he?
I am not a Darlie supporter I am just not 100% sure I have reasonable doubt she acted alone ,which makes me think WHAT THE?????? theres so many questions like
1)If he is in on it why doesnt she say so?
2) Why if he caught her didnt he tell police?
the list just goes on.......................................:(

Breehannah6 said:
I live in a rural area and at night sound travels for miles,as it has been raised by someone else as well as myself I find it hard to believe(not that I know) that her husband heard nothing. Those boys would have screamed she couldnt gag both of them and kill them at the same time, maybe if she did it they went into shock seeing their mum try to killl them who knows ,the cats another story
Rowlette, TX is not a rural area. It is a suburb of Dallas Ok, Devon was stabbed twice. The first stab obviously did not kill him right away. He would have bled out most likely though. The next stab killed him so fast his eyes were open and a shocked look frozen on his face. IMO he fought with her at least some. Most likely picking up his feet and kicking at her. There were bruises on his feet and a slice/nick on his buttocks, indicative of raising his feet up. None the less, his death was pretty quick. Damon was asleep and was stabbed in the back. He most likely was injured too much right away to scream, maybe moan. There is no evidence that either boy was gagged. I, and others, believe that Darin did hear something and ran downstairs. I feel very strongly that he was a part of this whole thing. Most likely not killing the boys, but with everything else. Actively involved, not just concocting a story. I do not believe there was a hired killer of any sort.
I just keep thinking if she wanted why didnt she kill the hubby,and lie and say as she has done it was an intruder and he tried to fight him.Lets face it she would have hit pay dirt with the insurance,attention,and sympathy.
IF she is as shallow and vain as I read its seems silly to cut herself so badly were its so visible.I can only think was this a suicide murder but she chickened out of it but then she would have killed the baby too
She didn't want to kill Darin or Drake. It was not planned out and thought through enough to kill for insurance money. Something like that is usually well thought out and the killer really tries to fool the police. There wasn't much fooling here.
Darlie knew she had to make the attack on herself believable. She did not know how close she came to that vein. It was a very shallow cut. I've read it could have been stitched up in the ER, but the Dr. wanted to make sure because he knew there were 2 dead victims. The scar is barely visible now. So think, where would you cut yourself? The arms maybe, the legs. Could you plunge a knife into your belly or chest? She had a cut on her right arm and the cut on her throat which also went down her shoulder a bit. Darlie claims she was asleep on the sofa when she and the boys were attacked. She says both boys had already been stabbed and Damon woke her up by pushing on her shoulder and saying "Mommy". When she woke up she saw a "blur" got up, followed the blur into the kitchen where he threw down the knife and ran out the utility room door. She also says that Damon stood up and followed her into the entry way and she told him to lie back down. If Darlie was really cut before she woke up, which is what she says, why would an intruder lean over her in that awkward way to slice her throat? He stabbed Devon in the chest and Damon in the back, but he ignored Darlie's easy to get to stomach and chest and reached up to cut her throat. Makes no sense. Most killers do not change MO's in the middle of a crime. Did you know that Damon was still alive when the paramedics got to the house? At some point, Darlie made a 5:39 mins phone call to 911. The first PO arrived at about 3 mins. Most people get off the phone with 911 once help arrives. Waddel saw that Damon was still alive, but felt his duty was as a cop first, not a medic. He told Darlie to help Damon, but she did not, either did Darin. The next PO arrived and they did a cursory search and then allowed the medics in. Damon was still alive, but neither parent was with him. He was alone, choking to death on his own blood. He died at the scene in the arms of a medic, not his mother. Are you a mother? Would you hold your dying son? Even if you knew nothing about first aid, wouldn't you comfort him, kiss him? There's another issue involved there too. The ME said Damon could have lived 8-9 mins. after the fatal stab wound. So, let's start the clock: Darlie says both boys were stabbed before she was attacked. She also says Damon was still alive then, that he woke her up. So she follows the blur into the kitchen, picks up the knife, puts it on the counter and starts screaming for help. She calls 911 and babbles on for over 5 mins. The 1st PO is there, Damon is alive, the 2nd is there, Damon is still alive, they do a quick search, Damon is still alive, the medics get there, Damon is still alive. He died about 1-2 mins. after the medic got to him. So how did Damon live all that long time after his fatal wound? He couldn't have, there's not enough time for him to still be alive. All of that is longer than 8-9 mins. Plus another interesting tidbit, Damon's blood was found on top of Darlie's blood, which means he was stabbed again after she cut herself. Now, you can say, they screwed up with the blood sampling, but you cannot get around that timeline. That is not something which could screwed up by shoddy work. Darlie agrees that Damon was still alive. We know when the 1st PO arrives because we hear him on the tape. There is no mucking that stuff up.
I still say why move the sock? if she was so clever then why not cut the screen outside ,leave back gate open you know set it all up as it appears she had lots of time if hubby didnt hear her until she screamed? Or as I said did he
Well, your questions tell you something, don't they? They tell you it's crazy to think an intruder left by the window in the garage, avoided the motion detector, which stayed on for 18 mins. after being triggered, and wasn't on. Closed the gate behind himself, so polite, and dropped the sock as he ran down the alley. So he's got very good eye sight and he's very coordinated.
I do not believe the sock was a plant. You said yourself it didn't add or take away from her story. Whoever threw it(I think Darin) was most likely aiming for the trashcan or sewer drain which were right there.

I am not a Darlie supporter I am just not 100% sure I have reasonable doubt she acted alone ,which makes me think WHAT THE?????? theres so many questions like
I do not believe she acted alone either. That doesn't make her innocent, however, it makes her a co-conspirator with Darin, IMO Dani..If either of them tells on the other, they can't do so without implicating themselves. If she says, "Darin helped with this or that", she's admitting to murder. If he says "I did this or that," he's admitting to accessory or more.
If you look at the crime scene photos and listen to the 911 tape, you will get a better understanding of everything. Having me answering your questions does not seem to be enough for you, so do some digging around on your own. The site is justicefordarlie.com

She calls 911 and babbles on for over 5 mins. The 1st PO is there, Damon is alive, the 2nd is there, Damon is still alive, they do a quick search, Damon is still alive, the medics get there, Damon is still alive. He died about 1-2 mins. after the medic got to him. So how did Damon live all that long time after his fatal wound? He couldn't have, there's not enough time for him to still be alive. All of that is longer than 8-9 mins

Waddell was there around 3.30 mins into the call. Walling arrived and was inside no later than 6mins. The medics were in the house within 1-2 minutes. It is tight but it fits into the 8-9 minute mark. However, I'm also not sure that we should take that 8-9minute so strictly. It seems to be the golden rule held by both the Darlies AND the anti's. But when you read the testimomy there is a lot of caveats which the doctor makes clear.

9 Q. Dr. Townsend-Parchman, can you give us
10 your best estimate as to how long this child would have
11 survived after he had received the last of the series of
12 six wounds?
13 A. Minutes.
14 Q. I know you said a matter of minutes,
15 but --
16 A. It's minutes.
17 Q. But I mean --
18 A. My very best estimate, and it's an
19 estimate, would be that -- if we're still assuming that
20 all four stab wounds were inflicted at the same time.

21 Q. Okay.
22 A. That --
23 Q. Or at approximately the same time.
24 A. Yes, approximately the same time. That
25 from that moment until the time he collapsed, because of
1 blood loss and difficulty breathing, would be a few
2 minutes.
3 Q. Less than five minutes. Would that be
4 fair to say?
5 A. Likely.
6 Q. Likely. All right.
7 A. And that, from the time he collapsed,
8 until he actually expired, would probably be another few
9 minutes.
10 Q. Okay. So, from the time that he
11 received all of these injuries, he could have lasted as
12 little as two or three minutes, or as much as maybe five
13 or six minutes, something like that?
14 A. Yes.
15 Q. Okay.
16 A. Even conceivably a little bit longer.
17 Q. Maybe as much as eight or nine minutes?
18 A. You can't tell.

I think to hold to the 8-9 minutes as a hard and fast rule doesn't help anything really. The doctor is talking in estimates and is going on the assumption that all the wounds were made at the same time, or at least in the same attack (rather than a good number of minutes later)

Also

Devon was stabbed twice. The first stab obviously did not kill him right away. He would have bled out most likely though. The next stab killed him so fast his eyes were open and a shocked look frozen on his face.

Not according to the Doc

13 caused the death of Devon Routier -- stab wounds caused
14 the death. Correct?
15 A. Yes, multiple, sharp, force injuries.
16 Q. Can you tell us how those stab wounds
17 would have actually caused this child's death?
18 A. Well, the mechanism of death would be
19 that the child bled to death, bled out.
20 Q. All right. Is this a situation where
21 he would have died instantly?
22 A. No. It's fairly rapid, probably within
23 a few minutes.

24 Q. Okay. So we're talking, perhaps five
25 minutes to actually lose enough blood to actually die --
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Object to leading.
3 THE COURT: Sustained. Rephrase the
4 question.
6 BY MR. GREG DAVIS:
7 Q. All right. Do you have any idea, an
8 approximation of how much time would have been necessary
9 for this child to die?
10 A. I would say probably, again, a few
11 minutes. I can't give an actual number, but the low end
12 of a few minutes.

beesy said:
And secondly, yes of course that's just my theory. No matter the evidence unless Darlie and/or Darin confess than all of these posts by everyone are theories.

Without wanting to be pedantic - that's not true. There are many posts on here which discuss the actual physical evidence. Sure there might be some theorising about what that means ... but there are issues of fact and issue of theory. I only suggested it because when people come to the board and are new to the case it is helpful if they can fairly readily differentiate known fact from theory.

Maybe I look for the good in people and you dont ,but we are entitled to post what we think!

Yet you think Darin is responsible without one shred of evidence to tie him to the murders and Darlie innocent, despite overwhelming physical evidence that screams she is guilty, because you look for the good in people. LOL

****sarcasm off****

Dani_T said:
Waddell was there around 3.30 mins into the call. Walling arrived and was inside no later than 6mins. The medics were in the house within 1-2 minutes. It is tight but it fits into the 8-9 minute mark. However, I'm also not sure that we should take that 8-9minute so strictly. It seems to be the golden rule held by both the Darlies AND the anti's. But when you read the testimomy there is a lot of caveats which the doctor makes clear.

9 Q. Dr. Townsend-Parchman, can you give us
10 your best estimate as to how long this child would have
11 survived after he had received the last of the series of
12 six wounds?
13 A. Minutes.
14 Q. I know you said a matter of minutes,
15 but --
16 A. It's minutes.
17 Q. But I mean --
18 A. My very best estimate, and it's an
19 estimate, would be that -- if we're still assuming that
20 all four stab wounds were inflicted at the same time.
21 Q. Okay.
22 A. That --
23 Q. Or at approximately the same time.
24 A. Yes, approximately the same time. That
25 from that moment until the time he collapsed, because of
1 blood loss and difficulty breathing, would be a few
2 minutes.
3 Q. Less than five minutes. Would that be
4 fair to say?
5 A. Likely.
6 Q. Likely. All right.
7 A. And that, from the time he collapsed,
8 until he actually expired, would probably be another few
9 minutes.
10 Q. Okay. So, from the time that he
11 received all of these injuries, he could have lasted
12 little as two or three minutes, or as much as maybe five
13 or six minutes, something like that?
14 A. Yes.
15 Q. Okay.
16 A. Even conceivably a little bit longer.
17 Q. Maybe as much as eight or nine minutes?
18 A. You can't tell.

I think to hold to the 8-9 minutes as a hard and fast rule doesn't help anything really. The doctor is talking in estimates and is going on the assumption that all the wounds were made at the same time, or at least in the same attack (rather than a good number of minutes later)
As you said, this is based on the 1-attack theory. I believe Damon was attacked 2x by his mother, or maybe even the 2nd time by Darin. I don't start my clock until after the fatal wound. Like you said, it's a theory. I just happen to think it's a good one. And I even think Damon was stabbed the final time while Darlie was on the phone with 911. So I'm not holding fast to the 8-9 mins, but you just used up nearly all of your time in your theory. You've got Waddel at 3:30 mins. Walling used up 3 additional mins, medics reaching Damon after about 1-2 mins. And we know Damon died after the medic(can't spell his name) got there. Maybe as long as 2 mins. later. Of course those are proven facts. So you say Damon was stabbed all 4 times before Darin came downstairs, right? And then we've got the time for Darlie to do whatever Darlie did before she called 911. That's a longer time for Damon to have lived after the attack than my 8-9 mins. which is closer to the estimate the good Dr. gives.
Not according to the Doc

13 caused the death of Devon Routier -- stab wounds caused
14 the death. Correct?
15 A. Yes, multiple, sharp, force injuries.
16 Q. Can you tell us how those stab wounds
17 would have actually caused this child's death?
18 A. Well, the mechanism of death would be
19 that the child bled to death, bled out.
20 Q. All right. Is this a situation where
21 he would have died instantly?
22 A. No. It's fairly rapid, probably within
23 a few minutes.
24 Q. Okay. So we're talking, perhaps five
25 minutes to actually lose enough blood to actually die --
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Object to leading.
3 THE COURT: Sustained. Rephrase the
4 question.l
6 BY MR. GREG DAVIS:
7 Q. All right. Do you have any idea, an
8 approximation of how much time would have been necessary
9 for this child to die?
10 A. I would say probably, again, a few
11 minutes. I can't give an actual number, but the low end
12 of a few minutes
I know what he said, but that confuses me. I've read this too. Springer mentions how most people who die with a frozen face die instantly. If a person bleeds out for 5 mins or so, they would most likely close their eyes, right? I've heard that other places too. Maybe too much Crossing Jordan LOL It's also mentioned in Helter Skelter. Jay Sebring died with a look of terror on his face. It was said to be instantly. I don't know if that's why they said it was instantly. I just sort of assumed it was. I know Devon would have bled out if she had left him alone. That one throws me. Do they mention his eyes being open, because I do think that is a clue to cause of death, isn't it? Not method of death, but cause.

Dani_T said:
Without wanting to be pedantic - that's not true. There are many posts on here which discuss the actual physical evidence. Sure there might be some theorising about what that means ... but there are issues of fact and issue of theory. I only suggested it because when people come to the board and are new to the case it is helpful if they can fairly readily differentiate known fact from theory.
Dani, I said we discuss facts, evidence, etc. I really didn't know that was necessary to even state though. We quote books, transcripts, etc.How could we not be discussing physical evidence? We do not know everything though. For instance don't you feel she injured herself which forced her to become a victim? That's a theory. I believe in the 2-attack theory, others don't....those are the things I was talking about.

beesy said:
First of all, I was agreeing with her that Darin was involved. And secondly, yes of course that's just my theory. No matter the evidence unless Darlie and/or Darin confess than all of these posts by everyone are theories. There are no established facts except for two boys being murdered while Darlie, Darin, Drake, Domain, and that screaming cat were in the house. Then of course, all the things which happened after the murders. Of course we know Darlie had surgery, that she and Darin were on TV, that she was arrested..blah blah. Thirdly, it's just my opinion, but it's right...:razz:
aaaahahahahahahahahhaahahh! You are something, girl. But you could throw in an imo every once in awhile, esp for newcomers who don't understand the evidence as well as you do.

Breehannah6 said:
I live in a rural area and at night sound travels for miles,as it has been raised by someone else as well as myself I find it hard to believe(not that I know) that her husband heard nothing. Those boys would have screamed she couldnt gag both of them and kill them at the same time, maybe if she did it they went into shock seeing their mum try to killl them who knows ,the cats another story!
Like I said, police tested the residence for noise. They had policeman stand in the family room and holler while others were in Darin's room upstairs. They could not hear him yell. So that proved that if Darin was in the master bedroom with the TV on and the door closed, he probably would not heard the screaming downstairs, That knocks out any theory that he should have heard something.

I have lived in rural areas myself and know what you are talking about, but the Routiers did not live in a rural area. They lived in a small town of about 40,000 population with an expressway nearby. It was probably quiet, but no so quiet that noise would travel like it does out in the country.

Unless you can conduct a test in their home that proves otherwise, I think you just have to accept what the police determined through their testing. They were not Darin Routier fans. If they could prove he was involved, they would probably arrest him in a heartbeat. But their tests proved he would not have heard what was going on in the family room under the conditions that were present that night.

Breehannah6 said:
I just keep thinking if she wanted why didnt she kill the hubby,and lie and say as she has done it was an intruder and he tried to fight him.Lets face it she would have hit pay dirt with the insurance,attention,and sympathy.!
She was not after insurance money. Remember people who commit murder, esp if it is a sudden reaction to something, do not have the time that we have to think up all of the many things they should have done. She did what occurred to her to do that night or within a few days of the crime. It was not a well thought out plan, but I think it had too much detail to be completely impulsive.

Breehannah6 said:
IF she is as shallow and vain as I read its seems silly to cut herself so badly were its so visible.I can only think was this a suicide murder but she chickened out of it but then she would have killed the baby too!.!
I don't know how shallow and vain she really was. I think people may exaggerate that view because they don't like what she did. I think Darlie was probably typical of most young women her age who have aspirations of seeing their names up in lights. And I think she was drawn to those dreams because of low self esteem and a need to prove herself worthy. And I think Darin encouraged those dreams because of his need for a trophy wife. Their entreapeneurism probably fueled the belief that it was not out of her reach. I think they had a strong sense of entitlement that caused them to take risks other people might not.

Breehannah6 said:
I still say why move the sock? if she was so clever then why not cut the screen outside ,leave back gate open you know set it all up as it appears she had lots of time if hubby didnt hear her until she screamed? Or as I said did he?
No one knows why the sock was dumped in the alley. We don't know if it was part of other things dumped in the sewer, which was right there near where the sock was found, and that the sock is the only thing that didn't make it down the drain, or if the sock was deliberately placed there to mislead authorities. For a long time I have thought it was deliberately placed to mislead, but if so, I have never understood why Darlie and Darin were so upset that they were not told about the sock's existence for a few weeks. That makes me feel they didn't know it might be found, and that tells me that it very well might have been part of other things dumped in that sewer. In haste, the sock was dropped and not noticed in the dark. Since the police did not check out the sewer, we will never know what other evidence might have been dumped there.

As for the gate, it was never opened, imo. I doubt if she would have even thought about leaving it open. That was a big mistake on her part though. It was heavy with a broken latch. It hung crookedly. One had to pick it up and slide it across the concrete to open or close it. A stranger fleeing from a murder scene would certainly not go thru all that trouble. Only someone who lives there would stop and close it neatly. But that is neither here nor there because there is no evidence that anyone was even in the backyard that night. There is no reason to think the gate was opened or closed, except for Darlie's statements that "he went that-away."

Breehannah6 said:
1. Because she would have to confess. She implicate him without implicating herself and she still hopes to get a new trial in her federal appeals.

2. That is the question of the year. No one knows why Darin chose to stick by her. Some believe he is soooooooo innocent that he is in denial and can't believe she did it, and some believe they have some kind of evil conspiracy going on that keeps them both quiet. Whatever the reasons, she is teh one who is going to die for it, and it looks like she is going to die alone for it.

beesy said:
I know what he said, but that confuses me. I've read this too. Springer mentions how most people who die with a frozen face die instantly. If a person bleeds out for 5 mins or so, they would most likely close their eyes, right? I've heard that other places too. Maybe too much Crossing Jordan LOL It's also mentioned in Helter Skelter. Jay Sebring died with a look of terror on his face. It was said to be instantly. I don't know if that's why they said it was instantly. I just sort of assumed it was. I know Devon would have bled out if she had left him alone. That one throws me. Do they mention his eyes being open, because I do think that is a clue to cause of death, isn't it? Not method of death, but cause.
Devon was laying on his back staring at the ceiling, eyes open. I don't recall anyone talking about the expression on his face though. I think it means he was awake when he died, but not necessarily killed instantly. In fact, I think the MEs said he bled out. That would take a few minutes.

I didn't recall that there was a sewer that was never checked... I bet that's exactly what happened to the sock. They dumped the rest of the stuff in the sewer but dropped the sock en route. Good idea, Goody!

beesy said:
So you say Damon was stabbed all 4 times before Darin came downstairs, right? And then we've got the time for Darlie to do whatever Darlie did before she called 911. That's a longer time for Damon to have lived after the attack than my 8-9 mins. which is closer to the estimate the good Dr. gives.
As I highlighted in my post the estimate the Doc gave was based on all of those stabs being made at the same time (or approx the same time). The Doc emphasised that and then made it clear that it was all just an estimate. I'm less and less convinced that the 8-9 min rule does us any favours. There is no evidence that Damon was attacked whilst Darlie was on the phone. I think it highly unlikely that she could just grab the knife while she is talking to the operator and stab Damon a few more times and then carry on. Your theory is also contingent on the fact that Darin was in on the whole thing and was OK with her stabbing Damon in front of him - again something I think there is little evidence for.

I know what he said, but that confuses me. I've read this too. Springer mentions how most people who die with a frozen face die instantly. If a person bleeds out for 5 mins or so, they would most likely close their eyes, right? I've heard that other places too.

Well I'm inclined to go with the qualified medical practioner who did the autposy myself.

I have been lurking here for a while and really enjoy reading all the posts from you guys who are so knowledgable about this case. I taught school in Rowlett for seven years, although not at the school that Damon and Devon attended and I lived my whole life in Garland which is right next door to Rowlett. So that's why I've had some interest in this.

I am curious about what other things you believe might have been thrown in the sewer? I hadn't ever heard of this possibility before.

Thanks.

Welcome to WS, Smurfette!

I am the LEAST knowledgeable poster on the Darlie forum, so please be sure to remember that! And I also just heard about the sewer possibility from Goody's post. Keeping that in mind, I'm wondering if another pair of Darin's jeans might have been thrown in the sewer. I guess Darlie's underwear could have been thrown there, too, although they could just as easily have been put in the laundry hamper. I hope some of the other posters might have some better ideas.

HeartofTexas said:
I didn't recall that there was a sewer that was never checked... I bet that's exactly what happened to the sock. They dumped the rest of the stuff in the sewer but dropped the sock en route. Good idea, Goody!
Afraid I can't take credit for it. It has come up dozens of times. I was defintely not the first. In fact, I rejected it for the longest while, but once this stuff digested, it seems to be the only sensible conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52