Lisa Doe believes she was kidnapped - Can you help?, 1960s

underlined by me

Notice no mention of father in my "ubm". Maybe father abducted her?

I just don't think anyone abducts a child to make them feel like an unwelcome burden.

Or, maybe the man who raised her actually was her father, and she was born from an affair and neither wanted her but the mom couldn't care for her. That would make sense. And would explain both parents hostility toward her, however unfair that is.

People abduct children (babies usually) because they have a psychotic need to have a child and can't, so they steal one. Or they abduct a child to sexually abuse and hold it captive.

Neither of those things appear to be the motive here.

I just don't think anyone abducts a child to make them feel like an unwelcome burden.

Or, maybe the man who raised her actually was her father, and she was born from an affair and neither wanted her but the mom couldn't care for her. That would make sense. And would explain both parents hostility toward her, however unfair that is.

People abduct children (babies usually) because they have a psychotic need to have a child and can't, so they steal one. Or they abduct a child to sexually abuse and hold it captive.

It just seemed odd to me that she says a mother, or aunt, or sister could be looking for her - but nothing about a father. A father might abduct a child to "get back" at the mother, I suppose.

But if she knows who her father is, it shouldn't be too hard to find out who the mother was from marriage/birth records...

it just seems odd.

The thought has crossed my mind too that she was raised by her father, and that he did not want her. If that is the way it is, if there was a mother figure in the picture she could have a hatred towards the girl because she was from a former relationship of her husbands, OR I know of some people who have had affairs on their spouse and had a child with another person while being married. So say the motherly figure could hold a grudge against the child because the husband cheated on her, or it could even be in reverse.

The 60's were a very different time that we live in now. If a young unmarried woman were to come up pregnant she would be sent away to relatives or a home for unwed mothers. The people who raised this woman could have been family who hid the family secret but did not want to. Or taken the child on because the mother could not raise her. Maybe the mother was a hippie or an addict or in trouble with the law. We may never know.

I agree that most people who steal a child do so out of a need and want for a child, either to fill a void in their life or for purposes that are sick and twisted. But most of the children taken for sick and twisted reasons do not survive, it is rare they do survive, and not unheard, but its not often that we do hear of a child surviving after being taken for sadistic reasons.

I really think there is a deep family secret here that is being played out.

Why wont she release her real name? That might connect with someone that may recognize the people that raised her as shady etc. That would be a good start to where she came from.
Maybe she never liked her parents if they were mean and as a child created a loving mother in her mind as a coping device and has it all confused now.

Can't give you the link on this iPad, but this makes me think of the tall brunette in Longview, Texas living under an assumed name and identity. She ended her own life as the divorce progressed, leaving a two year old daughter.

That little girl will be told something by Dad's family but may never know who her mother really was.

I agree that the story suggests a Dad connection to me. Did this girl hear signing through a baby gate, or maybe fencing at a correctional center? T.B. hospital? Mental hospital?

If Mom was viewed as mentally or morally deficient, relatives or caregivers may have decided to never indulge this child in an attempt to keep her on the straight and narrow.

Hinky meter ringing here, too.

Laughing

Reactions: BRS
I've been returning to the link below for a while, because there's an Andrea Doe found in Huntington Beach, 1990. Now I am wondering if the post had anything to do with this case. It was an urgent but odd plea, posted in 2009, but not followed up on it seems.

I get the same sort of feel from it, that I do from this case.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/people-search/806208-missing-andrea-1960-1970-a.html

ETA, no I just saw 'late teen years'. Never mind. It's still a mystery.

It can be associated with this genetic disease too - ectodermal dysplasia. That could make it much easier to trace bio family as when it's severe the face has a distinct and unusual look. I wonder if it is possible to have this disease in a very mild form, where the associated skin problems could be mistaken for allergies, like Lisa's?

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/hypohidrotic-ectodermal-dysplasia

There seemed to be something wrong with her baby teeth, too, from that picture. Maybe the picture is just shadowed or something, but her baby teeth look crooked and gapped. Most preschoolers have perfect, beautiful straight little teeth.

Has this case been resolved?

From what I'm seeing it looks like it has been resolved. The you tube video is online but none of the other links work. I wonder if Lost N Missing would confirm it? I'm friends with Cynthia the owner

BBM
I wasn't around back during the Delia Cly hoax ... and I'm kind of thankful for that ... but I received an invitation to a youtube video and a twitter link about a lady who thinks she was kidnapped in the 1960's ... she say's for "legal reasons" she can't give much information. This just sent red flags up to me ... but the story is compelling so I searched anyway and found that the picture of this person, as a child, looks a lot like Elizabeth Ann Gill ... when I read her thread I learned about Delia Cly. Just wanted those of you that know more about Cly to take a peek and see if this is the same song second verse?

TYIA

Do You Know who I am? - "My Prayer" performed by Kim Everett - Written by Danny Borgers. - YouTube

http://delilah1234.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/she-wants-to-find-her-way-home/

LostNMissing blog
http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-was-kidnapped-as-little-girl-do-you.html

From what I'm seeing it looks like it has been resolved.

BBM

That's certainly ideal. If the woman would still like help, I think we need more information.

TY, and thanks for all you do, Roselover! Laughing

:seeya:

Has there been any recent developments in this case?

I don't know of any but with all the forensic genealogy, these people can find out pretty easily. You'd think with forensic genealogy availability more if these cases would be resolved, but with most of them being quiet, my assumption is they probably weren't abducted.

Any chance she could be Jill Rosenthal, the Jack Rosenthal (Paul Frontczak) missing sister?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back