Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now

He basically said in so many words what many of us have been saying, mainly that the dog hit is one piece, but obviously not enough to provide evidence that BL is dead. Thus why it's still a missing persons case, not a homicide.

I wouldn't say entirely that's what he said but it's probably something we can all interpret differently.

Police checked the dead body box on the search warrant application and they didn't want the search warrant released publicly.

There is clearly evidence that she could be dead. But you have to hope for the best.

I listened to the update about an hour ago on Lisa that was done with Jim Spellman and Mike Brooks. They made it very clear that these parents need to talk to LE. They STILL need to talk to LE.

They also had a statement from Ashley Irwin read by a producer about Lisa. It was a nice message and made me very sad that she talked about Lisa and how she would look and act now. I wouldn't suspect anything less from her, and it was a good tribute.

Have never been impressed with Ashley Irwin. Something hinky there.

Has anyone done a sketch of what she would look like at 6 months old?

Still praying for a miracle. :rose:

He basically said in so many words what many of us have been saying, mainly that the dog hit is one piece, but obviously not enough to provide evidence that BL is dead. Thus why it's still a missing persons case, not a homicide.

no-- that is not what he said imo. he stated the case is with the crimes against children unit, not homicide. the reason the case is not with homicide would be b/c there's a lack of evidence of homicide. a cadaver dog hit would indicate death but not necessarily murder. i don't believe his statements (as written by deann) imply in any way that he believes lisa is still alive.

deann also reported that standard LE practices include using other dogs to confirm a cadaver dog hit... she doesn't say outright this was done on lister st., but i believe the inference can be drawn. whether this will be enough for anyone who poo poo'd the dog hit with no reported "confirmation" remains to be seen...

good report deann -- thanks !!

There are times I wish I could write what I know off the record or on background in this case and can't for a variety of reasons. (Starbucks is the biggest case in point).

But knowing the Kansas City Police Department and FBI, I cannot believe they only used one cadaver dog in this case. I'll eat my computer if I'm wrong in my belief.

I've said that from the beginning...but no one will believe me...haha

I just added a picture of Jeremy Irwin at the balloon release tonight to the story.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/17332959/search-for-baby-lisa-irwin-grows-cold

Jeremy spoke to reporters tonight. Our crew returning to station with video. Debbie Bradley did not attend balloon release.

DeAnn, thank you for updating us. However, I have always though balloon releases were very valuable. NOT! Why didn't DB attend? On the stoop with her neighbors?

This does not impress me at all. DB/JI go to the police, separately, if you're not guilty you have nothing to be afraid of. Please!

There are times I wish I could write what I know off the record or on background in this case and can't for a variety of reasons. (Starbucks is the biggest case in point).

starbucks? :what: ... i wonder what this could be about...

this tease is not fair, missy... maybe down the road you can write a book about the case and tell all!! :woohoo:

:seeya:

I wouldn't say entirely that's what he said but it's probably something we can all interpret differently.

Police checked the dead body box on the search warrant application and they didn't want the search warrant released publicly.

There is clearly evidence that she could be dead. But you have to hope for the best.

The writer of the original article should be taken to task then, because the text said 'Young said there is no evidence of a dead BL.

Amazing really because if the article said the opposite, no one would question what he said.

I just added a picture of Jeremy Irwin at the balloon release tonight to the story.

Jeremy spoke to reporters tonight. Our crew returning to station with video. Debbie Bradley did not attend balloon release.

WOW, what a MAN, what a FATHER!! So he goes an releases a few balloons, but doesn't have the _ _ _ _ s to be interviewed separately by LE? Oh, and he actually spoke to reporters. :what: All of a sudden I feel ill !!

The writer of the original article should be taken to task then, because the text said 'Young said there is no evidence of a dead BL.

Amazing really because if the article said the opposite, no one would question what he said.
I believe your talking about this.
Lisa’s case still is classified as a missing or abducted child. Young said at this point there is no evidence that Lisa has died.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/0...tml#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

It sounds like this is a true statement because KCPD hasn't assigned this case to homicide detectives.
Kansas City police maintain that the disappearance is still classified as a missing or abducted child and the Crimes Against Children detectives --- not homicide detectives --- are investigating the case.

They are also saying that 4 officers are currently working the case. How does that compare to other cases at the six-month mark?

ETA: The whole, "There were hundreds of officers working the case, and now there's only 4, and we had thousands of tips, but now we only have 11, and the case was on national news every night, but they moved on, etc" sounds like they are talking about a case much older than this one. The contrast between October and March in terms of case activity is very sad when you consider that they are only a few months apart.

Where will this case be a year from now?

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/0...tml#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

It sounds like this is a true statement because KCPD hasn't assigned this case to homicide detectives.

It really doesn't matter, even if it's spelled out in black and white, there is going to be a different interpretation. To be honest. I think I'm just going to take a break from Lisa's forum. I'm tired of debating the same things over and over again. I hope and pray the BL is found alive and if not, whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

It really doesn't matter, even if it's spelled out in black and white, there is going to be a different interpretation. To be honest. I think I'm just going to take a break from Lisa's forum. I'm tired of debating the same things over and over again. I hope and pray the BL is found alive and if not, whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

I agree....:eek:fftobed:

I've been staying away and not posting much myself. It's the same stuff over and over. And I too pray for a resolution to this case, no matter who is caught and held accountable for Lisa's disappearance.

i wonder why deb wasn't at the balloon release... ??

:moo: First, I am NOT surprised that Deb did NOT show up at the balloon release ...

I can think of a few reasons she did NOT show up :

- Her defense attorney probably told her NOT to go ...

- The media would want to interview Deb -- and her defense attorney does NOT want Deb to talk to the media ...

- G u i l t !

JMO ... but IF you are "claiming" that your baby was kidnapped and you are "innocent" -- wouldn't you show up for a balloon release for your baby ?

:moo::moo::moo:

Steve Young did not want to publicly get into a pissing contest with the Star reporter. I understand that and I don't blame him.

He didn't say those exact words (no evidence) and it was not an exact quote in the Star article. He didn't say those exact words to me when I pointed out there is evidence (the X box on the search warrant, the cadaver dog hit etc etc). You can see what he said exactly in the story in response to my question. I quoted him and ran the quote past him before I published just to make sure it was 100 percent accurate.

Steve Young has not told me this but I understand from others that there was an internal debate about turning the case over to homicide or murder squad detectives. But the decision was made to keep the case with the Crimes Against Detectives Children.

I'm glad the baby Lisa case is getting attention on the six-month mark. We all just want answers.

But knowing the Kansas City Police Department and FBI, I cannot believe they only used one cadaver dog in this case. I'll eat my computer if I'm wrong in my belief.

BBM:

:what: Whoa ...

:innocent: How about this : can I take a "wild guess" and you can confirm or deny ?

:D:D:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back