Live cams across Washington DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people don't agree with pussy grabbing, I guess although I continually hear it justified as locker room talk. And most people who march don't agree with violence.

There are probably many different reasons for the violence such as the burning of cars after a football game. Not sure of that reason.

Good to hear. Is the 220k the city size or the metro area? That's a yuge bigly crowd. The Bay Area was having four with the largest in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, and the Santa Cruz area was having two marches.

220,000 is the population of the city itself. We heard people saying they came from hundreds of miles away to participate.

Glad you enjoyed your march. Were there any signs that critized Trump supporters & belittled them?

Trump supporters specifically? No. Although I suppose you could make a case that the purpose and message of the march also served as an indictment of Trump supporters. What surprised us was that there was no opposition. We expected to see counter protestors, and there were none.

I went yesterday as well. My sister took my two children to the movies and I found myself alone with several hours to myself. Jumped on the metro and met two of my husbands friends at Trumps hotel.

SO very glad I went!

I think most people don't agree with pussy grabbing, I guess although I continually hear it justified as locker room talk. And most people who march don't agree with violence.

There are probably many different reasons for the violence such as the burning of cars after a football game. Not sure of that reason.

bbm, Not just locker room talk, I have heard talk like that and other conversations in the work place for years that would burn most people's ears. I have heard men discuss what woman in the office would be best at, this or that. I have heard men say that certain women look/walk like jabba the hutt. It has never really bothered me, cause I know what I have said to my girlfriends and they have said to me in the past about men that didn't hear. jmo

Trump supporters specifically? No. Although I suppose you could make a case that the purpose and message of the march also served as an indictment of Trump supporters. What surprised us was that there was no opposition. We expected to see counter protestors, and there were none.

bbm His supporters do roll that way. jmo

bbm, Not just locker room talk, I have heard talk like that and other conversations in the work place for years that would burn most people's ears. I have heard men discuss what woman in the office would be best at, this or that. I have heard men say that certain women look/walk like jabba the hutt. It has never really bothered me, cause I know what I have said to my girlfriends and they have said to me in the past about men that didn't hear. jmo

I expect better behavior from the leader of the free world, our president.

It wasn't just locker room talk, and it wasn't just one conversation. It was a message that he could take what he wants and they wouldn't stop him. That's called rape.

That's not acceptable in the workplace. California (I know Trump supporters hate the state) has had sexual harassment training in the workplace for years. A friend of mine sued her employer for sexual harassment years ago. I don't know how much she got because it was settled out of court with the amount not to be disclosed. She worked there for at least three years before the settlement, with much pressure. Quit as soon as it was settled.

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...-sexual-harassment-training-requirements.aspx

Interesting that you expected opposition. Opposition to what exactly? Maybe the vast majority of Republicans support freedom of speech. I'm not sure what they would be opposing anyway because they already won. Glad you got to blow off some steam.

Interesting that you expected opposition. Opposition to what exactly? Maybe the vast majority of Republicans support freedom of speech. I'm not sure what they would be opposing anyway because they already won. Glad you got to blow off some steam.

It's way more than that.

Gaslighting people who are protesting and speaking out against oppression, bigotry, and hate will only fuel the fire that's been started, and that's the opposition I've experienced and witnessed. "Get over it", "it's not that big of a deal", "you're overreacting" are all gaslighting techniques. Well, the women who are rebelling are done being gaslit by abusers and oppressors.

Time for the "opposition" to pay attention :)

It's way more than that.

Gaslighting people who are protesting and speaking out against oppression, bigotry, and hate will only fuel the fire that's been started, and that's the opposition I've experienced and witnessed. "Get over it", "it's not that big of a deal", "you're overreacting" are all gaslighting techniques. Well, the women who are rebelling are done being gaslit by abusers and oppressors.

Time for the "opposition" to pay attention :)

2.5 MILLION protestors today! Beautiful. :)

Just wanted to point out 2 things - there were violent protests yesterday. 4 blocks away from my location, police use root gear and tear gas. Over 200 people arrested and several officers injured.

From my location at 12th & Penn, we could have hear the chants of protesters. Both "pro" and "anti" Trump. But they were civilized.

Just wanted to point out 2 things - there were violent protests yesterday. 4 blocks away from my location, police use root gear and tear gas. Over 200 people arrested and several officers injured.

From my location at 12th & Penn, we could have hear the chants of protesters. Both "pro" and "anti" Trump. But they were civilized.

Yesterday's "protesters" were anarchists. They were opportunistic rioters who were using the cause to destroy and disrupt.

But again. Those anarchists provide the perfect excuse to completely disregard the message that 2.5 MILLION people were trying to get across today. Those few dozen rioters give people the perfect excuse to ignore the millions.

Wow! 2.5 million protestors today, and hundreds of protests across the globe yesterday, and only 200 arrests (that's the number I keep hearing, don't know the breakdown worldwide) That's impressive! Maybe there's hope for this nation after all.

[video=twitter;822976603030335488]https://twitter.com/mikefarrell/status/822976603030335488/video/1[/video]

Yesterday's "protesters" were anarchists. They were opportunistic rioters who were using the cause to destroy and disrupt.

But again. Those anarchists provide the perfect excuse to completely disregard the message that 2.5 MILLION people were trying to get across today. Those few dozen rioters give people the perfect excuse to ignore the millions.

Those that resorted to violence aside, there were protesters there. I'm not referring to those that you call anarchists.

They were loud, had chants and signs and spoke their minds. There was an obviously back and forth going on. But it was civilized and people expressed their opinons.

Girl power!!!! I'm proud to say my daughter participated in the Los Angeles march - with all her female and male friends.

Those that resorted to violence aside, there were protesters there. I'm not referring to those that you call anarchists.

They were loud, had chants and signs and spoke their minds. There was an obviously back and forth going on. But it was civilized and people expressed their opinons.

Sorry, I think I misread your statement. I'm so used to people pointing out the violence to dismiss the message and it frustrates me. I might've been a little touchy LOL!

Sorry, I think I misread your statement. I'm so used to people pointing out the violence to dismiss the message and it frustrates me. I might've been a little touchy LOL!
It's all good. Not my intention at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname