Live MSM coverage on Baby Lisa 18 October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead: Yes, that would be par for the course at this point. Although my kids didn't even try to climb out of their cribs until they were much older, but I don't put anything past in this circus.

Both of my boys climbed out of their cribs very early. The oldest, we took the crib down before he was a year old, because we couldn't keep him in it. The youngest was around a year when we took the crib down for him.

Neither one could reach the light switch, though they gave it a try, and as we ALWAYS KEPT THE DOORS LOCKED, they couldn't get outside. When they did get big enough to reach the lock, we put one up really high. Another house we lived in, we used a deadbolt that had to have the key to unlock it.

"I'm optimistic and confident that at the end of the day, uh, the truth will come out."

... Tacopina says his heartbroken clients have nothing to hide.
"She's a mother who is in a high state of trauma, who trembles every day, and cries, and if her recollection sometimes isn't what it should be regards certain times of events, I don't think we could really be too harsh on that, that inconsistency, if it is in fact an inconsistency."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44942594#44942594

Kansas city police statement:
"clearly the parents' level of cooperation hasn't been what it needs to be to find this child. Should they change their minds, our door is always open."
-capt. Steve Young-

Tacopina says he can't believe LE issued such statement because the parents consented to a search of their home (I assume LE would have come back with a warrant if they didn't so this doesn't mean so much to me), and they've both been interviewed for 13 hours.

Well, let me tell you, Joe. 13 hours is not enough when the parents can't decide on one, truthful story, if they can't even decide when they saw the missing child last, if they keep changing the details.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44942594#44942594
BBM

Nice spin, but I'm not buying.

The reality is there's a gaping hole in the timeline because, you guessed it, DB was plastered. DB's recollection is shot because...wait for it....wait for it, she was plastered.

I'm judging that harshly!

IMO

i would like to know when the neighbor left. i don't think it's been verified though.

I wonder how consistent her statements were to police? It's possible her inconsistencies with the media statements can be attributed to breaking under all this pressure. If she's already taking anti-anxiety medication, this would be a tough situation for anyone, guilty or innocent.

What really surprises me about all these media statements and these inconsistencies, is how much information she's telling about herself, willingly, that makes her look bad. If I were guilty, I wouldn't be saying half the things she's said about herself on television.

I wonder how consistent her statements were to police? It's possible her inconsistencies with the media statements can be attributed to breaking under all this pressure. If she's already taking anti-anxiety medication, this would be a tough situation for anyone, guilty or innocent.

What really surprises me about all these media statements and these inconsistencies, is how much information she's telling about herself, willingly, that makes her look bad. If I were guilty, I wouldn't be saying half the things she's said about herself on television.
If I were innocent, I'd be begging for my child's life every time a camera was shoved in my face.

What I would not be doing is giving a biography of my life and defending being blackout drunk with my children home.

BBM

Really? Where does she get 6:40 from, then? Sounds pretty "clocked" to me.

Hmmm, maybe she and neighbor got together and discussed "what did we do last night", as most that cannot remember an fine intoxicated evening do? I don't know but the timeline change is bothersome.

I think the "benefactor" with a "direct connection to the family" BS is talking about on GMA, is actually NBC. lol

Megyn Kelly said yesterday she had talked to the benefactor on the phone, but did not reveal who "she" was

The bottom line is DB doesn't remember the last time she saw her sick infant.

I used to clock it when I put my son to bed when he was an infant, especially if he was sick - I still do. Now, I woudn't be able to give an exact time, like, 6:40, but I could put it around 6:30. I just assumed that most mothers made a mental note of the time when putting the baby down.

Or maybe I'm just a neurotic mother.

I haven't watched any of today's interviews and doubt that I will do so. I have one simple question: While BS and JT are spinning their yarn about Deborah's innocence, has either of them talked about looking for Lisa?

If I were innocent, I'd be begging for my child's life every time a camera was shoved in my face.

What I would not be doing is giving a biography of my life and defending being blackout drunk with my children home.

I agree. Her behavior is out of the norm for what I'd expect of someone guilty or innocent, which is why I'm puzzled by it. I'm not sure if she's not coping under the stress (either of just her child being missing or hiding her guilt), and thus isn't perceiving how odd her statements are, or if it's something else. It's why I'm still riding the fence - if she were guilty, wouldn't she be doing her best to look innocent? Why would you be undermining the sympathy for you? If you're innocent, why aren't you pleading for your child? Somethings not right here, but I can't put my finger on what it is just yet.

MSM is really bugging me with this pictures and videos of Lisa. There is a still pic of Lisa today on the homepage of Comcast and in this pic Lisa - is at the most maybe 4 months old. SHE WAS TWICE THAT OLD when she went missing. The one pic of her standing at a glass door with her hands on the door - THAT is a fairly current picture.

I just wish they would stop constantly repeating these obviously old pics and videos of her - it gives someone just turning in the idea that this baby was very small - very young. Lisa was almost a year old. She was standing - maybe even getting ready to start walking. Why no current pics? :banghead:

Well put! In fact, that is the reason that I started following the case in the first place. I was suspicious that they kept showing such a little baby and calling her a 10 month old. Now Lisa is 11 months old, so they should use the most current photos. It is so not helpful to show a 3-4 month old baby picture when trying to find a real life 11 month old.

Megyn Kelly said yesterday she had talked to the benefactor on the phone, but did not reveal who "she" was
I believe the benefactor is related to the cousin marine who spoke at the press conference yesterday.

Not only that, but if Lisa was sick, if she was giving her Tylenol or Motrin, she would need to keep an eye on the clock to see when she would be due for another dose. Tylenol is every 4-6 hours, Motrin is every 6-8.

Now, maybe baby Lisa wasn't sick enough to need that (no fever). If she just had a case of the sniffles, then maybe she wasn't giving her any medicine at all. If I gave my kids medicine every time they had the sniffles, I'd need to open a pharmacy!

BBM. I think that's what you're meant to think, that's why they're doing it. It's supposed to show she's got nothing to hide.

On Monday, Tacopina said Bradley may not be casting herself in the best light by telling national media that she drank heavily the night her daughter disappeared and other unflattering details, but her honesty shows that she and her family "have nothing to hide.”

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...'s-parents-have-nothing-to-hide#ixzz1b9IKyi00

MSM is really bugging me with this pictures and videos of Lisa. There is a still pic of Lisa today on the homepage of Comcast and in this pic Lisa - is at the most maybe 4 months old. SHE WAS TWICE THAT OLD when she went missing. The one pic of her standing at a glass door with her hands on the door - THAT is a fairly current picture.

I just wish they would stop constantly repeating these obviously old pics and videos of her - it gives someone just turning in the idea that this baby was very small - very young. Lisa was almost a year old. She was standing - maybe even getting ready to start walking. Why no current pics? :banghead:

I agree! Is the picture on the Lisa t-shirt also an infant pic?

I agree. Her behavior is out of the norm for what I'd expect of someone guilty or innocent, which is why I'm puzzled by it. I'm not sure if she's not coping under the stress (either of just her child being missing or hiding her guilt), and thus isn't perceiving how odd her statements are, or if it's something else. It's why I'm still riding the fence - if she were guilty, wouldn't she be doing her best to look innocent? Why would you be undermining the sympathy for you? If you're innocent, why aren't you pleading for your child? Somethings not right here, but I can't put my finger on what it is just yet.
Agreed.

I'm on the fence, too, but she's making it difficult for me to stay there. I won't jump off though until I know whether or not her statements to LE were consistent.

Well put! In fact, that is the reason that I started following the case in the first place. I was suspicious that they kept showing such a little baby and calling her a 10 month old. Now Lisa is 11 months old, so they should use the most current photos. It is so not helpful to show a 3-4 month old baby picture when trying to find a real life 11 month old.

H/T to WiseOldOwl for mentioning the Comcast article/photo/video. It was the first thing that I noticed when I got online this morning, and I thought right away that Lisa had been found or that one of the parents had been arrested. Wishful thinking in both cases.

I am no longer on the fence.....

but....If the parents are innocent I worry that they have been very naive about who represents or speaks for them and that has harmed their credibility.

I just believe that the mother has shown a level of disregard for this child and I cannot get past that. It is unfair to judge someone on media reports but....

Someone mentioned yesterday that this could be a hoax to make money. Another poster said no, that would be too hard to pull off.

I don't think it would be hard to pull off......what if the baby is with someone far away, say in another state?

Not only that, but if Lisa was sick, if she was giving her Tylenol or Motrin, she would need to keep an eye on the clock to see when she would be due for another dose. Tylenol is every 4-6 hours, Motrin is every 6-8.

Now, maybe baby Lisa wasn't sick enough to need that (no fever). If she just had a case of the sniffles, then maybe she wasn't giving her any medicine at all. If I gave my kids medicine every time they had the sniffles, I'd need to open a pharmacy!

Didn't they say she had a cough? I know my kids get sick with anything upper-respiratory or cold like and LONG after they are better they have that dry cough following them around. I just assumed it was a cough and not "sick-sick".

I could have assumed wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member