Live MSM coverage on Baby Lisa 18 October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering question about why DB changed her story about the time last seen:

JT: "No, people are making a little bit more of that than it is. She's not changed her story as to when she saw the baby last. She describes putting her to bed at a certain time during the night. Obviously she wasn't clocking that and when she was putting the child to bed she wasn't marking the time down, and when she was reinterviewed she had her recollection refreshed on a few of things and moved the time. But understand this, this woman is someone who is missing, and is under grief and trauma every day, who is missing her eleven month old baby, and she's been not only interviewed and given everything she's to give to the authorities but she's been accused by innuendo and rumor directly and indirectly of having a hand in the disappearance of this child"

What do you think refreshed her recollection and reminded her that she doesn't remember if she checked on Lisa at 10.30?

I could understand if she first didn't remember if she checked and then something refreshed her recollection and she was reminded that yea, I checked on her at 10.30.

But how does it happen that your recollection is refreshed and you don't remember any more?

Exactly. When LE started to point out the inconsistencies in her statements and put some pressure on her, she clammed up. So the "dream team" had to come up with a reason why. Hence the media blitz with the drunk talk. LE knew she had been drinking that evening but she did give some very specific answers about the timeline and the sequence of events which would indicate that she wasn't blind drunk or blacked out at any point. When the inconsistencies were pointed out, perhaps based on questioning of JI, the neighbour and other witnesses she stopped co-operating. Was she trying to hide the level of intoxication at first or is that just a smoke screen now? Hard to say.

But one thing is for sure. She has seriously hampered the effort to find her daughter with all of this. If she is innocent and the child was abducted, the usual protocols for LE press conferences asking people to be on the lookout for the child, reporting suspicious behaviours of friends, neighbours and acquaintances never really happened. Because they couldn't get past DB's inconsistancies.

But remember one thing, before they started talking with her they did give her the benefit of the doubt and put out that very rare Amber Alert. So they did not suspect her of any wrong doing until they interrogated her. And if it was just her level of intoxication that she was trying to hide, well that's a shame. Because her daughter deserved a much better start to the investigation into her disappearance.

MOO

I wonder how consistent her statements were to police? It's possible her inconsistencies with the media statements can be attributed to breaking under all this pressure. If she's already taking anti-anxiety medication, this would be a tough situation for anyone, guilty or innocent.

What really surprises me about all these media statements and these inconsistencies, is how much information she's telling about herself, willingly, that makes her look bad. If I were guilty, I wouldn't be saying half the things she's said about herself on television.

Maybe some of the things she says are things that they feel are coming out anyway and it's better for her image if the public hears it from her? The neighbor was a witness to her drinking, apparently, and might testify about it.

Someone mentioned yesterday that this could be a hoax to make money. Another poster said no, that would be too hard to pull off.

I don't think it would be hard to pull off......what if the baby is with someone far away, say in another state?
It would be incredibly hard to pull off, to fool not only local LE, but even the frigging FBI. I don't for one minute think either DB or JI are smart enough to pull off such a hoax.

I'd happily be wrong though, as long as Lisa is safe and happy. That particular crow would taste mighty nice.

IMO

Someone mentioned yesterday that this could be a hoax to make money. Another poster said no, that would be too hard to pull off.

I don't think it would be hard to pull off......what if the baby is with someone far away, say in another state?

I literally just mentioned this on another thread about your theories on Lisa.. With the money problems they seem to have and that everyone is having in these times, what if they had someone they could trust from another state take this baby and wait to collect the reward money and split it with mom and dad. Only problem is that the heat is on so bad this person cannot come out and say they found the baby to collect.. Anyway, that was one of my theories, the other one isnt so good. Though none of them are good.

Hmmm, maybe she and neighbor got together and discussed "what did we do last night", as most that cannot remember an fine intoxicated evening do? I don't know but the timeline change is bothersome.

IMO
This neighbor (Samantha, was it, according to Judge Janine Pirro) hasn't been on mentioned much at all. I just hope that LE has been talking to her at length, as it seems to me that Deb has attributed several of her alleged FACTS as coming from her, i.e. the lights being turned off, the ever-changing timeline. But then she mentioned yesterday in one of the interviews that she only talked to the neighbor once since then. Wouldn't you be talking to her more than once to find out what really happened while you were blacked out?

I think eventually we will find out that others were at this party, even if only for a short time.

I think the circumstances would be different if this was a hoax for money. We wouldn't have a drunken mother who may or may not have checked on her daughter because she was blacked out. We would have signs of a break in and a distraught but obviously very responsible mother who just happened to sleep very heavily because her sick baby had kept her awake the previous night, or some such thing. Many people will quite likely donate less money for parents who are perceived unsympathetic.

Is anyone else surprised that MSM has not picked up any interviews with any neighbors at all. It seems that no one from that area, store, school, etc has come forward for an interview. I know there are a lot of people out there that need money and I am sure the networks would pay them to speak and at this point, I dont care, but this is one of the first times I can remember someone not speaking out for or against the family. Even in newsprint where they could be named as just a source, no one has spoken out. I find that odd.

I think the circumstances would be different if this was a hoax for money. We wouldn't have a drunken mother who may or may not have checked on her daughter because she was blacked out. We would have signs of a break in and a distraught but obviously very responsible mother who just happened to sleep very heavily because her sick baby had kept her awake the previous night, or some such thing. Many people will quite likely donate less money for parents who are perceived unsympathetic.
Yes, this too.

Nice post.

I was watching the interview with Megyn Kelly.

Megyn asked "Did you kill your baby"? DB answers no and looks right into the camera. Looked honest to me.

THEN Megyn asked "Did you sell your baby?" DB's eyes dart all over, no...no....I would NEVER do that.

The second answer looked hinky to me....she was protesting too much I thought.

IMO
This neighbor (Samantha, was it, according to Judge Janine Pirro) hasn't been on mentioned much at all. I just hope that LE has been talking to her at length, as it seems to me that Deb has attributed several of her alleged FACTS as coming from her, i.e. the lights being turned off, the ever-changing timeline. But then she mentioned yesterday in one of the interviews that she only talked to the neighbor once since then. Wouldn't you be talking to her more than once to find out what really happened while you were blacked out?

I think eventually we will find out that others were at this party, even if only for a short time.

If and I say IF my child were missing because I blacked out and there was someone that was able to tell me what happened, I would be all over that person begging them to tell me what the heck went on. I caught that too how DB said she only talked to the neighbor once. I found that very strange. I would be the type of person to walk to my neighbors houses and say, hey I was drunk last night, did you see anything or hear anything ? Thats why I say she was not drunk at all.

Is anyone else surprised that MSM has not picked up any interviews with any neighbors at all. It seems that no one from that area, store, school, etc has come forward for an interview. I know there are a lot of people out there that need money and I am sure the networks would pay them to speak and at this point, I dont care, but this is one of the first times I can remember someone not speaking out for or against the family. Even in newsprint where they could be named as just a source, no one has spoken out. I find that odd.

Yep....where are the grandparents from either side?

there was an interview with a neighbor back at the very beginning.

on JVM last night, there was a local reporter that said the neighbors have put No Tresspassing signs in their yards and are refusing to talk to the media...he sounded quite irritated about it and JVM just talked over him and cut him off

*removed quote as requested*

DB said she couldn't remember anything because she was drunk. No one wnet off on DB because she drinks; people went off on her because she admitted she can't recall events of the night because she was drunk. For God's sake, she can't even remember the last time she saw Lisa.

Well, I do condemn parents who get so plastered they can't even take proper care of their children. They need to get help.

Re pulling off a kidnapping scam to collect the reward money, I guess the FBI would never think of that and do any background checking on connections of the family who live out of state. Certainly, they would not extensively check out a person who comes up with a substantive 'tip' leading straight to Lisa.

:floorlaugh:

Listening to Judge Alex on FOX news....he has DB pegged pretty good :)

Well put! In fact, that is the reason that I started following the case in the first place. I was suspicious that they kept showing such a little baby and calling her a 10 month old. Now Lisa is 11 months old, so they should use the most current photos. It is so not helpful to show a 3-4 month old baby picture when trying to find a real life 11 month old.
Just to clarify, it is the MEDIA that is using the old pics. They have had the pic of her at the door since the beginning. Many more current pics since then. There is no reason for them to still be only showing the old pic. I don't understand why.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member